PDA

View Full Version : My 5 years

sassy
03-03-2010, 02:29 PM
I hope that my five years of survival from Stage III Triple positive BC can give hope to those who are beginning their journey. If at any time I can lend an ear, a shoulder, or give encouragement to anyone, please PM me. Many on these boards helped me through tremendously difficult times and I want to continue to pay it forward.

To all who I have met through this site, my prayers are with you and I thank you for sharing your lives, love and support with me and countless others.

PinkGirl
03-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm right behind you SassyGirl. I'll be 5 years in Aug/Sept. Hard to
believe.

I'm also grateful for all the "sisters and brothers" here who have become
true friends.... that's also hard to believe.

Ever thought that some of your success is because you're named after
a cat???

sassy
03-03-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm planning to trade on those nine lives!

Bill
03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
You are one amazing woman, Sassafras! Thanks for all of your help to us over the years. You keep rolling, baby!

caya
03-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Big Congrats Sassy - 5 years out is AMAZING!! Gives hope to all of us.

Eat some chocolate, it's good for you...

all the best
caya

Becky
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh Sassy! Congratulations to you. The years have really passed, eh? Its wonderful that you continue to do beautifully. We've been together here for quite some time and I am glad that you continue to come here and pay it forward (as do I).

Huge hugs and kisses

krisvell
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Sassy,
Who hoo!!!!!! I am very happy for you and thank you for sharing. It gives new comers like me hope and encouragement that it is possible to get to 5 years. Wishing you many, many, many more 5+ year posts. I will be here cheering you on.
Kris....

vlcarr
03-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank you for sharing your GREAT success. I love to hear these! Wishing you many more.

Pam P
03-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Sassy - Congratulations.... always good to hear good news of celebration! Pam

Lori R
03-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Great news and definately inspiring.

I wanted to let you know that you've already paid it forward in large measure. When I was first diagnosed I would read your posts and feel like success was possible!!! Providing hope to others is HUGE in supporting their ability to take another step forward and continue to fight the daily battle.

Thank you for staying on the board to encourage others.

schoolteacher
03-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Sassy,

Congratulations on your five year versay. You offered me Hope in the beginning of my journey. God Bless You.

Amelia

lexigirl
03-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Yay Sassy!! I am so happy that you continue to do well. You have encouraged me along the way and I have appreciated your support over the years.

Hugs,
Lexi

RhondaH
03-04-2010, 08:49 AM
YEA SASSY!!!! Here's to many more 5 years!!! Love ya namesake;)

Shobha
03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
Congratulations Sassy! You do fill me with hope! Wishing you many many more...

-shobha

Jean
03-04-2010, 09:26 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:MI5LBG6q_-LrwM:http://210teenlibrary.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/fireworks.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://210teenlibrary.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/fireworks.jpg&imgrefurl=http://210teenlibrary.wordpress.com/2009/07/01/have-a-fun-safe-july-4/&usg=__W3E0ua8FAEFgKIQTK-B2mXhPnQM=&h=490&w=490&sz=237&hl=en&start=3&itbs=1&tbnid=MI5LBG6q_-LrwM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfireworks%2Bpictures%26hl%3Den%26gbv% 3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1)DEAR SASSY,
Sending you celebrations hugs, joy and much love!
Continued Blessings!
jean

Mary Jo
03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Super wonderful news Rhonda!! It makes my heart sing and you are looking SO beautiful. I'm right behind you and Pinkgirl! I will be 5 years since dx in June. Amazing! Life keeps moving forward and is better than ever.

Love and hugs to you sweet sister,

Mary Jo

Jackie07
03-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Sassy,

Love your picture! Congratulations!

v-ness
03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
dear sassy, thank you for your posting. it's great to hear stories like yours and helps bolster positive feelings, for sure.

did you say neurontin helps for hot flashes? does it stop them? i was thrown headlong into chemopause literally in the chemo chair. the hot flashes from the get-go were intense and although chemo ended on 1/21 i have found no relief. the doctor tried clonodine on me, but i was not at all impressed. i get them during the day, but at night it's ridiculous. i am dreading summer. right now in winter i am drenched in sweat half the night then wake up freezing in the morning. i guess the herceptin is keeping the flashes going... i need to ask about neurontin. this is getting old.

here's to many more years NED to you. valerie

WolverineFan
03-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Yee-haa, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! Here's to many, many more NED years!!

flynny
03-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I love this news! It sounds like you are doing really well! keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

sassy
03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Thank you all for your well wishes.

My picture was taken at my youngest son's senior night basketball game. When I was dx, he was in the seventh grade and my oldest was in the 8th. Oldest is now in college and youngest graduates high school this year. Just think what I might have missed had I not found this site and garnered such valuable information along with encouragement to get involved in my treatment. I encourage all to get informed and get involved.

V-ness, Neurontin does help me with hot flashes---doesn't end them, but it has diminished their intensity. Nights aren't nearly so bad now. PM me if you have questions.

"Life may be short, but we can make it deep and wide!"

Joan M
03-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey Sassy,

Congratulations! Many more of NED!

Joan