PDA

View Full Version : Need help on posting

TriciaK
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
You would think as long as I've been posting I would know how to do it! However, the last three times I have tried to send a reply to someone's post I have timed out and lost all that I wrote. It just happened again as I tried to reply to the post about the power port.It is discouraging, and at this point I don't dare post anything but very short messages . Is there any way to retrieve messages that time out? Can Joe or someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you so much! Tricia

Chelee
02-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi Tricia, Getting timed out and losing your post has happened to many of us. I use to copy and paste while I composed my post to be on the safe side. That is one way...but then someone else told me when I start writing my post to click the "Preview Post" button and then continue. If you write a post you know will take some time...just keep hitting preview post and you will be safe.

There is nothing worse then to reply to a thread only to lose it. So frustrating. Anyway...it's so nice to see you here.

I hope this helps. :)

Chelee

Merridith
02-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Hi TricaK:
I've had this happen to me to. What I do is write my note in Word or WordPad or whatever, then copy & paste it into the reply field. Then you can spell check too! :)
That way you can save it as a temporary file and there is no danger of you 'timing out' unexpectedly with your internet connection.

tricia keegan
02-04-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi Tricia, this is so annoying and I'm wondering if this is happening because the system is logging you out after a short time?
I'm sure Joe can help more if you send him a pm and hope you get it sorted soon.

Jackie07
02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Tricia,

It has happened to me numerous times. When I am into it, I forget time. [And like right at this moment, my husband just interrupted me for almost 10 minutes...]

What I have learned is to use the 'Go Advanced' button. It will ask you to log on again. And after you log on, your writing should appear. [Hubby had interrrupted me for another 10 minutes - let's see if it will work.]

Ok, after you log on again, you will be seeing your posting in the editing window. Just click on 'Save', and it will be posted.

TriciaK
02-05-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank you all for your help! I will try the suggestions you've given me, and hope maybe they'll help someone else, too. As always, this is the place to come for answers! Hugs, Tricia

tom.smidt
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi All - This is Tom Smidt and I help Joe manage the website and forum. We increased the amount of time before the site times out to 30 minutes. If it still give you problems let me know and we will look into it further.

Thx.

Nancy L
02-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I have had this problem too. Thank you for making the time out to 30 min.

Mary Anne in TX
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Gee, a rescue so quickly. You guys are great! ma