PDA

View Full Version : Kathy S. in Tokyo

ElaineM
02-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Has anyone heard from Kathy S in Tokyo? I have been wondering how she has been doing. The last time she logged on to us was the end of November 2009 and the last post from her website was December 27, 2009.
I hope she is okay.
http://sugio.blogspot.com/2009/12/traditions.html

Chelee
02-02-2010, 11:14 PM
I was thinking about her too. Usually in time she will check in here. Hopefully she will see this, or someone that has talked to her and let us know how she is doing?

Chelee

Jackie07
02-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Her signature states that she was having brain surgery in early November and Gamma-knife later. I would think that she's recovering from those surgeries.

Yorkiegirl
02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
The two post's below came from another I am on and this is what was posted.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This was posted on Jan 30, 2010
From another group we are on, please add Kathy to your prayers.

Had a call from Patricia today.She rung to speak to Kathy and she had been taken in to hospital by ambulance.
Have just spoken to 2 of her daughters and they say she was taken in around 3 or 4 am this morning by ambulance to the usual cancer centre.She had another seizure we think and complained of feeling unwell
They said that soon after she got to the hospital she said she was beginning to feel better.
She will at least be in till monday as they cannot do an mri on the weekend and they need to see the brain condition and find the cause.
No one has been in to see her as yet.I am presuming we can go into to see her but no one is too sure
She is on the 16th floor room 16A7
Patricia and I have informed Kathys parents by skype and e mail.Our thoughts are with her family.Knowing Kathy she will be bouncing back around next week atr least that is what I am praying for.
 She looked well on thurs and we had lunch and a relax for a while and she got things ready for a talk on U S schools to the shoogakko kids yesterday... Just shows these things can come on quick as she looked fine then!!
Take care everyone and please post if you are going in to see her...Will update if we hear any more and please post up if you go in..Thanks and remember masks

UPDATE POSTED ON Feb 1, 2010
The ladies there say she is doing OK, eating well, looks good, but is still in the hospital. no news about the MRI results.

schoolteacher
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Vicki,

Thanks for letting us know how Kathy is. I had been wondering about her too.

Amelia

atdec05
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM
I've been following Kathy on a yahoo group.

Her MRI results showed some brain mets, so she is getting 2 weeks of WBR. Interestingly, she is staying in the hospital during the week, but allowed to go home for the weekends.I don't think that would happen in the US

The care is so different in countries. I remember Japan did not clear Herceptin and Tykerb till well after it was used in the US

Anna

Mary Anne in TX
02-03-2010, 02:15 PM
thanks everyone who is keeping us aware of Kathy's ups and downs and determination. Sending prayers her way for the WBR. ma

ElaineM
02-03-2010, 03:40 PM
More brain mets? Wow !! I sure hope they get rid of those pesky things once and for all. I think she was supposed to start Tykerb towards the end of last year, but I am not sure if she did or not. I will keep my fingers crossed for Kathy. Thanks to all who shared her latest news.

atdec05
02-04-2010, 09:04 AM
apparently Kathy had been doing Tykerb & Xeloda, but with the progression will switch to something else.