PDA

View Full Version : Good News

DarleneM
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone,
Maybe some of you need to hear some good news. Well, I had a Pet/CT scan done about 2 weeks ago and it was all good. I am still on Herceptin but I guess I can say that I am NED:)Which I probably have been since my surgery but you just don't know until you get the scan.
I have been having other unpleasant issues i.e. gall bladder attacks and then surgery about a week and a half ago. I am on the mend now and hope to never feel that horrible pain again. I was wondering if gall bladder issues are worsened by chemo? Anyone else have gall bladder problems after chemo? Mine actually started 2 years ago after the birth of my 4th daugther but for 2 years were fairly dormant. Thought maybe the treatments stirred it up.
Anyway, May God bless you all with a very Merry Christmas and remember that its really about celebrating Jesus, a baby who grew up to die, so that in believing in Him,we could have life eternal.
In Christ,
Darlene

Mary Jo
12-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Awesome news Darlene and thank you for sharing it with us. Good news and hope never get old. Never!

Merry Christmas to you as well. May Jesus always shine through you and may His message always be on your lips.http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif You are special.

Mary Jo

Faith in Him
12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Thank you for sharing the good news with us. Praising our Heavenly Father for your health. Enjoy Christmas with your loved ones.

Tonya

ElaineM
12-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Thank you for sharing your good news. Have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy new year !!

Mary Anne in TX
12-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Great news! Always love to hear that! ma

karen z
12-21-2009, 06:17 AM
Congratulations Darlene, and may you have a blessed Christmas.
Best wishes,
Karen

ammebarb
12-21-2009, 07:16 AM
I am so glad you wrote. I had been thinking of you and hoping that all is well. God bless you and your family at this most holy season, and always!

Barb A.

Shobha
12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Great news!! Have a very healthy and happy holiday season!!

shobha

chrisy
12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Good news, Darlene. Go ahead and say it OUT LOUD!

tricia keegan
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Wonderful news Darlene:)

In my case I had severe gall bladder problems a year before my bc diagnosis and like you, was so relieved to never feel that pain again!
I've since been amazed at how many people had this either before or after bc!

MJo
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Congratulations on your good news. As for the gall bladder, poor you. I just got an ultrasound and I've got gall stones too. No pain so far, but I have to be vigilant.
I used to get indignant when routine health problems came along after my cancer treatment. I figured we survivors deserve a free pass for the rest of my life. Not so.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

dawn
12-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Congratulations. All the best in the Holy SEason, I pray for continued results

Laurel
12-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Hello, fellow Pennsylvanian! Liking the snow? I have been wondering about you for months, but figured you must be on the mend and moving on, which in fact you are! Congratulations on the excellent scan results. I wish you many more years, in fact a lifetime, of NED!

I just heard David Meese's song "We are the Reason" while out shopping this evening. I love that song and its message! It really does remind us all the meaning behind this festive season. Thank you for your good news and for sharing the "Good News" of the Christmas season! Have a Merry Christmas, Darlene. Wishing you and your lovely family all the best!

hutchibk
12-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Love your good news Darlene!!!!

Gerri
12-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Darlene,

Good news is always welcome - keep it coming!

WomanofSteel
12-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Good news, but sorry about the gall bladder. I had mine removed before my cancer and I tell ya the pain was so bad I would rather go through labor again than ever have another gall bladder. LOL

schoolteacher
01-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Glad to hear your good news Darlene. Hope you are feeling better after your surgery.

Amelia