PDA

View Full Version : Orthopedic Surgeon - Portland, OR

harrie
11-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Could anyone recommend a good orthopedic surgeon in the Portland, Oregon area?

Lani
11-12-2009, 01:02 AM
THERE IS A FABULOUS ONE IN ASHLAND OREGON-- SO I LOOKED UP THE DISTANCE BETWEEN PORTLAND AND ASHLAND (297 MILES, oops)--Glen O'Sullivan, MD

Is your problem spine-related? He was formerly head of spinal surgery at Stanford as well as head of the orthopaedic trauma service there

He is the only orthopaedic surgeon I know south of Seattle and North of San Francisco. Perhaps his office could recommend someone closer.

harrie
11-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Lani, thank you very much for your recommendation. This is a shoulder issue, not mine, my son's. He had arthroscopic shoulder surgery maybe 5 yrs ago to correct the dislocations he kept getting. Worked well until about a yr ago, now the problem is back and needs attention.
Again, thank you so much!!
Maryanne

Colleens_Husband
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately, I am only acquainted with orthopedic surgeons in the Portland area who nobody should ever go to under any circumstances. Sorry.

Unregistered
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi Harrie,

I live in the Portland area. I will ask around and try to get you a name.

Catherine

Unregistered
11-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Harrie,

It is Catherine again....not sure why this is showing me as unregistered.

Catherine in Oregon is how I usually sign....not sure why it says that I am a guest.

Unregistered
11-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Harrie ,
I have my GF outsode of Portland looking into it!
Love you,Marcia

Unregistered
11-14-2009, 10:39 AM
It sme Soccermom...cant locate password or username :<

Catherine
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Harrie,

Dr. Bradford Black, Tualatin, Oregon. Suburb of Portland. He has helped my best friend, her husband and her son. She highly recommends him. If you use him, plz mention that the Iverson family referred you.

Hope this helps, Catherine

harrie
11-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Catherine, that really helps, thank you!! Coincidentally my son just moved to Tualatin a few wks ago!! He is renting a housewith 3 other boys from Hawaii.
He moved there from Salem where he just graduated from Willamette Univ with his MBA.
Please tell your friend I sincerely appreciate the recommendation.
Maryanne

Henny
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Harrie,
If you want another recommendation try Mark Colville MD at the Rebound Clinic in Portland. He works on the Trailbazers and other athletes. He was recommended by several of the radiologists that I work with. I also have a really good knee guy in Portland. (seems like I collect doctors like charms on a bracelet)

Good luck to your son.

Henny

harrie
11-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Everyone, THANK YOU so very much!! He had no idea who to go to for a consultation and your suggestions are VERY much appreciated!!
Maryanne