PDA

View Full Version : Just a little update

WomanofSteel
11-03-2009, 06:02 AM
Hello all, I just wanted to give you a quick update on things around here. First I would like to say that I have been reading your posts. I have just not commented much. You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. It's been a crazy summer and fall. My parents have been taking turns in and out of the hospital, we had a few deaths in the family and in between applying for colleges, my daughter seems to be having some kind of stress related problems due to my illness. In the meantime, I just found out yesterday that I have had progression on my liver again and now there is something suspicious on my spine. I am going for further tests on Fri and Tues and will let you all know how things go. I am now on Ixempra 3 weeks on 1 off. I will let you know how I do with that. Hopefully it will do the trick. Keep your fingers crossed. Jacquie

schoolteacher
11-03-2009, 06:23 AM
WOS,

Glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the stress your daughter is experiencing. Let us know how you are.

Amelia

Sheila
11-03-2009, 06:53 AM
WOS
Just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers for GOOD results on the tests, and a perfect match with the Ixempra! Stay Strong!

tricia keegan
11-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Thinking good thoughts for you and good results:)

Mary Jo
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi Jacquie....Sounds as if you have a lot on your plate. You must be feeling incredibly stressed. I'm sorry for that. Stress is not a nice feeling and with progression I'm sure comes fear.

Praying that they find a combination that knocks the progression back or gone and also that your daughter is doing alright.

Love and Peace...

Mary Jo

Faith in Him
11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi,
I'm sorry about the progression. I hope the next chemo does the trick. I'm praying for you and your daughter. Our children go through so much. I hope she is feeling better soon.

caya
11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi WOS,

Sorry to hear of all that has been going on with you, but hopefully you'll get some good news soon re: the Ixempra.

Your daughter's grad photo is lovely. It's normal for her to feel stressed out with college stuff, even more so with a mother with BC. This disease really sucks, doesn't it?Bad enough we have to suffer, but the strain on our loved ones is so unfair.

Please keep us posted Jacquie.

all the best
caya

WolverineFan
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey WOS,

You hang in there. I know this is such a trying time, but you have many people pulling and praying for you. This is a great place to find support, inspiration and encouragement, so please keep us updated.

I hope your daughter is doing better. My kids, ages 9 and 6, have had a hard time, but especially my daughter who is 9. It is so tough on the kids, and I pray that you and your will find strength and peace. Good luck this week, and praying that it all works out!!

Bill
11-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your rough summer, SuperWoman. You've been in my thoughts and prayers. Please take some comfort in knowing that we're here for you. Love, Bill

Lori R
11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Jacquie,
I am so glad to hear from you. Your daughter is beautiful and I am sure will be able to work through this difficult time. It sounds as if you have had quite a few challenges in addition to managing your personal health.

Were you able to qualify for any of the T-DM1 trials? They have been so effective for others on the site. I am wishing you all the best with your current treatment. Just keep beating back the beast. We are with you 100%.

Hugs...Lori