PDA

View Full Version : For cynthia1962

Cannon
10-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Hey you guys, I am new at this and I need to know how to post something on the board without going into someone message. This is my question. Do anyone no how to read an MRI My findings from monday was the ventricles and sulci are normal. No mass lession is present. there are no enhancing lessions. there is calcification in the falx. A few scattered unidentified bright objects are noted on flair and T2 weighted imaging. Diffusion imaging shows no evidence of acute infarction. No hemrrhage is identifed.
I went because I was having migrane headache and the nurse stated I should not be having them with herceptin so the onc told me to do MRI. Does anyof this states that they show me having the headache. Because the onc just stated I have a normal MRI

Cannon
10-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Cynthia, to post a new topic, push the button that says "start new thread."

First, I am 99% sure an MRI cannot "show" you having a headache. The MRI is to see if there is any thing in your brain causing the headaches.

Your second post which mentions "white matter changes" is something I am familiar with - and unless you've had a brain MRI before, you will never know what is causing those - it can be "small vessel disease" which is usually high blood pressure, and can be a risk of stroke - talk to someone about taking a baby aspirin a day if you are not already doing that. It can also be a side effect of chemo, or it could be from something when you were 10.

I would suggest making an appointment with a neurologist and having him review the MRI with you, he may also want to do an EEG which checks the electrical activity in your brain. He may also give you medication for the headaches.

Rebecca

BonnieR
10-31-2009, 08:05 AM
The good news is that your onc said you had a normal MRI. Like Rebecca advised, it would be wise to see a neurologist to rewiew things, explain the findings and continue to explore why you have the headaches.That was very helpful to me when I was having issues that required a brain MRI.
Might be some other medication you are on. Or elevated BP. Or high anxiety.

Becky
10-31-2009, 08:55 AM
My first brain MRI showed tons of "normal aging" stuff like that. Freaked me out a bit until I had my onc talk to the radiologist who read the results. Bottom line - normal scan for a woman my age.

We all have normal, weird stuff in our bodies that we'd never, ever know about unless we had scans and tests because of bc. Its just who we are.

Headaches are a matter of course. Having just one headache as a bc survivor, especially in the early years of survival, makes all of us think the worst and then you get more headaches from the stress of having a headache where you think its bc mets to the brain.

Your MRI showed normal results and that's all that matters. Just make sure your blood pressure is okay and thats not the cause.

cynthia1962
11-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks you guys that was my next step on friday because from my research on the internet it states the calification of the falx meas association of a persisten headache with psychoneurotic symptoms. And I still am confused about the white nonehancing due to small vessel disease or chemotherapy. I am seeing a neuro on monday.