PDA

View Full Version : ~Chrisy and Susan W~Did You Actually Think We Would Let Your Birthday Slip By??

Believe51
07-11-2009, 11:43 AM
You can run but you can't hide! Happy Birthday to our two special Angels!!!

Wanted to let you know how pleased I am to tell you Happy Birthday! Enjoy the greatest gift of all, getting older!! Hope your day is full of the happiness and love that you always spread around to others. Please include cake and ice cream......oh, and Susan, if Chrisy offers you a piece of cheesecake try to decline....she is saving me a piece and I can taste it.>>Believe51

caya
07-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Happy Birthday to you both!! Celebrate, eat chocolate - it's good for you!!!

all the best
caya

Faith in Him
07-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Another Birthday - it's a good thing. Happy Birthday. Enjoy your special day.

Tonya

Jackie07
07-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Happy birthday, ladies. I am eating a piece of chocklate cake (in Texas) to celebrate your special day.

chrisy
07-11-2009, 01:48 PM
I did think you would let my birthday slip by...there are far more pressing concerns on your shoulders. Of course, I'm glad you didn't! Thanks!

To tell the truth, and I whisper this, what I REALLY thought was that this particular birthday would slip by without ME being here to celebrate it. It is truly a surprise birthday.

Nearly 5 years ago, about a month after my "flamingo birthday party" when I was diagnosed with extensive (and unexpected) liver mets, I remember thinking - knowing - that I would not make it to 55. Even as the this new year dawned, I thought "oh, this is my last holiday..."

This past couple of weeks has been an emotional roller coaster for all of us. For me, it has been filled with overwhelming sadness, grief, and almost guilt.

And a sense of wonder - astonishment really, mingled with an irresistable compulsion to hold my breath as I thought "oh my God, I'm still here" while watching out for speeding buses.

Well, I'm just stunned. Yesterday I told a friend who works for a bike company that since I wasn't dead, I guess I'd buy a new bicycle. That made her happy:)

Today I'll make myself a birthday cheesecake (because, darn it, I WANT one and my mommy always would make me one!), open the Barolo that my hubby gave me as a gift on the Flamingo birthday, and accept all the unearned goodness that is God's grace with unspeakable gratitude.

I'm especially grateful for the abundant love we share here in this family.

Don't worry, Marie, there will always be a piece of cheesecake with your name on it.

Much love
Chris

tricia keegan
07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Happy Birthday girls!!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000%283%29)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_12.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSfox000%283%29)

My friend has had stage iv extensive mets everywhere for eleven years and just celebrated her 55th Birthday too:)
(still doing well!!)

Mary Anne in TX
07-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Happy Celebration Day to you both! Would I ever love to be around a giant table for a real toast and bite of cheesecake!!!
Chris, I'm counting on you to grow old and grey on this site! ma

Yorkiegirl
07-11-2009, 02:12 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Chrissy and Susan W.

I wish many, many more birthday's for the both of you.

Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Becky
07-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Have a wonderful day!

ElaineM
07-11-2009, 03:47 PM
A BIG Happy Birthday to Chrisy and SusanW. Be sure to celebrate your big days !!!!!!!!!

sassy
07-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Happy Birthday y'all!

A southern tradition is to "grease" the nose of the birthday person by sneaking up and rubbing butter or something similar on their nose. So I'm sneaking up to grease your noses!

(Don't ask me WHY---just another strange southern tradition like a "pounding".)

Chelee
07-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Chrisy & Susan W, Here's a BIG old Happy Birthday wish coming your way. May you both enjoy your special day. :)

And Chrisy...I am so thrilled that unlike what you were thinking...that you DID make it to your 55th Birthday! Hooray! All of us woman/men on this board are so blessed to have you as part of our family. Here's to at least another 40 plus more years to come your way.

How'd that cake turn out... & I hope you saved some for Marie or you will never hear the end of it. :)

One last thing...is your new bike going to be pink? lol

Sending you lots of love and hugs your way. You go girl!

Chelee

Bill
07-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Happy Birthday, Chris and Susan!!!!! (Chrisy! I'm both stunned and amazed that this is your 55th birthday. You are such a young-looking gal and obviously keep yourself in great shape! Wow, I thought you were around 40 or so when I met you. You go girl!)

Sheila
07-12-2009, 05:36 AM
Chrisy and Susan............Happy Birthday to both of you....I hope you celebrated (Chrisy,, I know you know how)....looking forward to your 60th Chrisy!...You are young compared to me!
Save soem cheesecake, it sounds wondeful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WomanofSteel
07-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Happy birthday to both of you ladies! I hope you celebrated in style. Chrisy I hope your cheesecake was yummy. Aside from my chocolate cake that is my fav! Enjoy!

suzan w
07-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!! Chrisy...is my cheesecake in the mail??? I was off camping for my birthday and had "Breakfast Banana Birthday Pancakes"!!! YUM!!! You know, it is a wonderful thing to log on and see all of you wishing me, and others, when a birthday rolls around, good wishes. We are all so consumed with staying alive one day at a time and understand like no others how importand each birthday milestone is!!! XOX Suzan

vickie h
07-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Suzan and Crissy, Happy birthday to you both. I know this is a bit late but I'm thinking of you both and sending good wishes and joy your way!
Love, vickie

schoolteacher
07-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Chrisy and Susan,

I hope you both had great birthdays. Many more to come.

Amelia

StephN
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Dear Birthday Ladies -

Belated, but sincere, wishes that you have many more good birthday surprises, like being here to blow out those candles!

Suzan, I am glad you have been out taking advantage of the warmer and drier weather we have been enjoying! Hope you saw some gorgeous sunsets.

My hubby will be complaining about the water bill, since I have to water once in a while. Our fruits and berries are NOT drought tolerant.

And I have enough blueberries to smother on that cheesecake, Chrisy.

chrisy
07-13-2009, 12:35 PM
steph

i just love it when blueberries are in season! And they are SO good for you, they are worth the water. And ALMOST (but not quite) offset some of the...er...less beneficial qualities of cheesecake!

yum!

Shobha
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Chrisy and Susan,

A very Happy Birthday to both of you! Have a wonderful day and be blessed with many many more!

hugs,
shobha

Mary Jo
07-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Happy birthday you wonderful ladies......this board would be lost without you.

Thanking God for both of you today....

Mary Jo

juanita
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!