PDA

View Full Version : Just a gentle group hug

Mary Jo
07-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone.....

As we so often say, this is a support group where all of us should share our hearts. Thankfully, we have each other to listen too - to cry with - to pray with and to support.

Lately in our chat room we've had some sad times.....our Ed and Marie, Joy and of course, Eric and his dear Caryn's passing. Also, we have Esther on our hearts, not to mention the rest of those struggling through this disease.

I just wanted to acknowledge that this morning - to say my heart always holds these things in prayer and to offer a warm, gentle hug to the group.

Sending love and prayers for Peace to hold us all close.

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX
07-11-2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks Mary Jo! I had ordered the Planet Earth series on DVD and my granddaughter wanted to watch it yesterday. I didn't think that I could, but as we inched our way into it, I found that rather than being a sad experience, as I had expected, it encouraged me, as group by group the animals, birds, etc demonstrated courage and stood together against the odds.
To watch the geese, exhausted and hungry, try to fly over the himilayas to reach their feeding areas and have to turn back reminded me our our warrior group. They were turned back by hurricane force winds, but as the sun rose the next day, they took flight once more and spread their wings..together.
The snow leopard hunts alone and faces difficulties alone, but the wild dog packs work together and survive together. Needless to say, I got the message.
Hugs and love to all, ma

Lien
07-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Thank you Mary Jo! It is tough for them, but for all of us too. Am holding all of us in my heart.

Love

Jacqueline

Becky
07-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Thank you Mary Jo. We all could use a huge hug. I needed this post today.

Faith in Him
07-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the hug. Hugs to you too. My heart is heavy also but I liked what Ma said. We need each other.

Tonya

Believe51
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Mary Jo, I really appreciate the group hug because we all could use one. I accept your hug and I raise you one!!

What I appreciate more is your love and prayers and the glorious ways you share them. You are such an important part of this family and you will never know exactly how much you are loved. Mary Jo, your support and prayers have carried me through so many of the darkest days of my life, some of them not being bc related.

So remember friend, this friendship that we share is such a gift to me and I only hope I can be half the friend you are. I am sending lots of love to you today, laced with thanks and a bountiful prayer just for you!!>>Believe51

IRENE FROM TAMPA
07-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I cant seem to respond to veryone but I do try to take a peak at the board daily to see how everyone is doing . sometimes to read sad news but other times to read encouraging news. I pray always for my sisters (and brothers too)

You said it very well my dear - take care of yourself.

Jackie07
07-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks, Mary Jo. A big hug back to you, and a even bigger one to everyone else.

alicem
07-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I love group hugs!!!

Thanks Mary Jo!!!!!!!!!!

chrisy
07-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks MJ,
I think we all needed this - I know I sure did!

tricia keegan
07-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Me too...for reasons other than cancer but my thoughts are still with those mourning and fighting right now. It makes my own problems far less important so thanks MaryJo:)

ElaineM
07-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Count me in on the group hug. We can all use a hug once in awhile, including me.

mmoons
07-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Mary Jo-

What a lovely post! Thank you. I am sitting here weeping about Caryn's passing and Ed's struggles and Marie's & Eric's courage and strength as caregivers. I am just so overwhelmed. I am sorry we all have to be here but so very very very grateful that we have each other. MA, what a wonderful anology. I loved that movie and those geese were amazing, tossed around and fighting to fly in that wind.

Thank you again for the group hug.

Maureen

Patb
07-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Thank you and all, good way to end the day
and get ready for bed. Take care all
patb

sassy
07-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Mary Jo,

Thanks for reminding all of us that we are here for each other, as well as for ourselves. You always know how to reach out and touch us----or maybe hug us!

Holding all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean
07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
It is so good to know that we can come here and find each other.

Chelee
07-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Mary Jo, What a nice post. I'd be lying if I didn't say I have been so overwhelmed by all the sad news here lately. It weighs heavy on my heart. This has been one of those days that I could use a hug...since I can't get one in person I'll surely take this one.

Lots of love & hugs to all of you.

Chelee

Bill
07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Mary Jo, you are so sweet. People say I "hug good", so here's one for all of you!

karenann
07-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Hugs to everyone of you.

Karen

suzan w
07-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Joining in on the group hug...warm, loving, caring...phew I can breathe!!!

schoolteacher
07-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Maryjo,

Thanks for the group hug. I can feel the love from all of you.

Amelia

Diane H
07-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for initiating this lovely group hug Mary Jo.
I'm joining in with the love and hope!

juanita
07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
thanks for the hug and sending one back to all of you!

Sheila
07-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Marejo...we all need that from time to time,...and your timing was perfect....can I get an ice cream cone from Rt 43 HarleyDavidson to go with that hug???

Leslie's sister
07-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks Mary Jo. I've not been diligent at all in checking in here. I'm deeply saddened by all the news. I haven't even absorbed all of it. Caryn gone, Joy, Esther, and Ed all struggling. I need a big hug and give mine in return. Thanks to all for the uplifting hugs. Lots of prayers for all.

Thank you,

Lisa

vickie h
07-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Joining in the group hug with all of you. Thanks MJ for your kind thoughts.Love,
Vickie