PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jennifer! Could we have an update on Joy?

Mary Anne in TX
07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Would love to know how Joy is doing. If you get a minute will you update us, please. ma

Unregistered
07-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for thinking and asking about Joy. She has now had three rounds of Ixempra, she has not landed in the hospital with this third round but it has been very tough. The neuropathy is very bad and they plan to start her on a drug to help with that next week. But she has been in a lot of pain and on a lot of pain killers which make her sleep a lot. She is having her third blood transfusion today and they are giving her a chemo break this week, then lowering the dose next week to see if that helps. She has lost quite a bit of weight which is a concern because see was tiny to begin with! But she is responding to treament her liver seems to be doing much better, which is great, the treatment is just been brutal though. Thanks again for asking and I will keep you all posted. Take care, Jennifer

Jackie07
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the update, Jennifer. We will continue to keep Joy in our prayers.

michka
07-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Jennifer, I hope that Joy will find the strength to cope with the treatment. I feel terrible knowing she is suffering. The news about her liver seems encouraging. Thank you for being near her and telling her how much we all care for her. Michka

Mary Anne in TX
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Jennifer, thanks a million. I'll be prayin' that her body is super strong to overpower any ill effects of the needed chemo. Please tell her that she has tons of prayers headed her way and that we are believin' in so many good things comin' her way! ma

CLTann
07-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks Jennifer for updating us. We are all very much concerned about Joy. Her weight loss is a serious matter, as most cancer patients with small build do not have much reserve for the on-going trauma. The body started to waste its own muscle and fat. Please consult her doctor and see what you can do for her. Best luck.

flynny
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Please give her lots of hugs from us. I pray for her recovery and good health.

mamacze
07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Dear Jennifer,
Joy has so much to live for; and while I am so sad to hear about her pain and neuropathy, I feel if anyone can kick butt; it is Joy - I am so glad to hear she is rallying. Godspeed to you both.
Love Kim from CT

juanita
07-10-2009, 08:45 PM
keeping you both in my prayers!