PDA

View Full Version : New in Atlanta Angela

Angelaj
06-26-2009, 06:00 AM
Thank you for your support! I got through surgery just fine, double and my pathology was as follows N-1 T-1 stage 2 ear. dedec. breast cancer. 2 tumors in my breast L under 2cm and 4mm cancer in sent. node, none in others taken out. I took off the other breast too for fear of return, I have an appt with my Dr to discuss treatment on the 9th.This has been a big dark cloud but starting to see some light at the end of this long rainbow. I'm the type of person if I know were I stand, I can get on a path but the waiting for the results from all these test is what almost puts me over the edge.Its great to have found you guys, thank-you again .Angela

Mary Anne in TX
06-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Angela, take this waiting time (very difficult waiting time) to treat yourself with some pampering and rest. I'm the same way about "just give me the info. and a path to run on and I'll go" kind of person. I'm learning to pamper myself and take long breaths. Hoping for good path results for you. ma

Shobha
06-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Angela,

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Wishing good path results!

hugs,
shobha

chrisy
06-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Angela,
Waiting is the pits, and I know what you mean about being able to know where you are so you can get moving forward on your path. It may seem like a long path, but it is one that will lead you to the rest of your life. I like maryanne's advice, take the opportunity to pamper yourself.

tricia keegan
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Angela,

I'm so glad your surgery went well, take what time you need to rest and recover. The waiting for tests or Dr appts is always the worst thing, try to keep busy and don't dwell on it too much. It's always easier I feel when you get an actual treatment plan and you can go forward:)
Hang in there!

Jean
06-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Take a deep breath and consider the fact that by having your surgery you have already started to move forward and now you will heal from the surgery.

you have taken care of the cancer and it is gone!
You are now just moping up with treatment.
Glad to hear you are doing well.

Kind Regards,
jean

suzan w
06-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Glad to hear that surgery is behind you. Keep us all posted with your test results. This is a great place to come with questions, fears, joy...just about anything!!!

Joan M
06-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Angela,

I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well.

You'll know more about what to do when you get some specifics from the additional path studies.

But I know it's hard to relax. I feel the same way.

Joan

Cannon
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
This is all VERY good news! Way to go!

Rebecca

Jackie07
06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Congratulations on your successful surgery! I remember the days when I had the two drain bottles with the long tubes... Take it easy and rest well. We are here to support you.

Unregistered
07-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Research Survey for Metastasized Breast Cancer Patients
Schlesinger Associates, an International market research company in Dunwoody, GA, would like to invite you to participate in a Research Survey on Tuesday July 7, 2009
We are looking to speak with Metastasized Breast Cancer Patients. Who are over the age of 18, tested positive on HER2 test, and is currently on target therapy. The research study will be to complete a Reflective Journey. Many cancer patients have found it to be therapeutic. This is a paper journal, which contains about 7 to 9 exercises. You will be able to complete some exercises quite quickly while others will require more time for thought. Throughout the process, you will be asked to do such things as write your professional story, think back on memories and experiences, and even to use your imagination. Much of the content for your responses will come from your reflections.
Please be assured that this is no way related to sales, clinical trials or any product. Upon qualification, participation and completion of this study, we are pleased to give you an honorarium of $250 in appreciation of your time and insight.
Please call Renee at 770-658-1026 ext 215
Thank You,
Schlesinger Associates Atlanta

Jackie07
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Joe and everyone,

That company's address, according to its website, is

Schlesinger Associates and Research House
The Palisades Building, Suite 950
5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30328

Phone: 770.396.8700 Fax: 770.396.8753

Vice President: Stephenie Gordon
Email: stephenie@schlesingerassociates.com (maito:stephenie@schlesingerassociates.com)

Facility Director: Erin Jewell
Email: erin@schlesingerassociates.com

I would suggest anyone who's interested in the survey use the contact information from the company's official website.

Jackie07
07-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Thank you for your email! This is NOT a hoax. We are desperately in need
of Metastatic Breast Cancer patients for a research study. The monetary
incentive is just a token of how much we appreciate the time that would
be required for this research. This is a paragraph taken from the
clients regarding what exactly we are looking to do:

Should your profile fit, we would like to invite you to participate in
our research methodology known as Reflective JourneyTM. This form of
research is based on social science research techniques and is conducted
via an innovative and unique journal that goes beyond traditional focus
groups, interviews, and surveys.

This is a paper journal, which will be couriered to you and in
it contains about 7 to 9 exercises. You will be able to complete some
exercises quite quickly while others will require more time for thought.
Throughout the process, you will be asked to do such things as write
your professional story, think back on memories and experiences, and
even to use your imagination. Much of the content for your responses
will come from your reflections. Upon completing your Reflective
JourneyTM, it will need to be returned to us.

Many participants in similar studies have commented that this
kind of research is enjoyable, plus it allowed them to actually learn
about themselves. They have said that it has helped them gain a deeper
understanding of their motivations plus in many instances, people found
it therapeutic.

We are doing this research across the country, however we need to start
sending the journals out today, possibly being permitted to go into
tomorrow. Any help you could provide us would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us

Sincerely,

Rachel Campbell
Senior Project Director