PDA

View Full Version : Why I am Cynical !!!

Joe
06-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Rhonda recently posted on these boards an article about a 10 year old girl from La Habra, CA that was diagnosed with metastatic bc.

I approached another support group while at ASCO, and asked if they were aware of her and could they do something to help the youngster.

They had heard of the little girl, but told me that there were no funds available to help her. 2 days before ASCO, I received a press release from the group announcing that they were the recipients of a 1.5 million dollar grant.

From time to time, I also see pictures of their board members attending breast cancer conferences in Europe.

In these economic times, please use a little discression about whom you wish to donate money. There are several internet websites where you may view their financial data.

Regards
Joe

Lien
06-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I wish I could say: Unbelievable! Unfortunately, I can't. And I bet they have tons of reasons for their behavior. Sad.

Jacqueline

hutchibk
06-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Joe - no words can express... disgusting.

ElaineM
06-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Sometimes I wonder about the intentions and purpose of some other non profits and social services agencies too. Sometimes the funds do not go to the people who really need them or the non profit or social service agency make it very difficult for needy people to get the funds.

suzan w
06-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Very sad...maybe our little Her2 family could somehow help this girl?? This example of 'greed at the corporate level' also speaks volumes as to why our economy is in such a mess with bonuses going to CEOs of companies geting Federal Bailout $$...don't get me started...!!! I don't know much about fund raising, but maybe someone on this board would have an idea of how we could help???