PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

mmoons
06-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi friends-

I have become more of a lurker than a poster these days, mostly due to the fact that it is just me and the children now so I have precious little time on the computer. I have been doing so well that all my sisters went home. :)

I wanted to send out a big virtual hug to all of you and tell you that I wish I could touch each of you the way you have me over the past several months. I pray daily for each of you. I cry when I read posts of struggles and I am filled with joy when I read your good news. I am glad I found you and am so very grateful to have you all in my life!

My double mastectomy (simple on the left and mod rad on the right) was 1 month ago today. I am doing great. My kids are doing great. I am so blessed!

Maureen

Shobha
06-05-2009, 09:50 AM
So good to hear from you, Maureen. A very happy to note that you are doing great!

I echo your sentiments - I feel the same way about having found this family. I feel blessed.

My prayers for you and your children. May God bless you with speedy recovery and NED status for ever!

hugs,
shobha

WomanofSteel
06-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Maureen, glad you are feeling well enough that the troops could leave. Remember that you always have us gals for support if you need it. I hope things continue on a good note for you. Enjoy spending time with your kids. They grow up too quick!

chrisy
06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Nothing wrong with lurking...I do that sometimes as well!

Laurel
06-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Right back at ya, Maureen! Glad to hear you are in a good place!

Bill
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for sharing such great news, Maureen! I'm sure that you miss having your sisters around, but it's nice having your own place back to yourself, too. I'm glad you're doing so well!

Lori R
06-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Maureen,
I am so pleased to hear that you are doing well. You've come so far since that initial post.

What a blessing it is to have some quiet time with your children.

Your picture is fantastic and reflects such bright eyes and a zest for life. Sounds as if you are reclaiming you life!

Many hugs....Lori

suzan w
06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
What good news!!! I like your picture too!!!

Diane H
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I often am a lurker too Maureen, it's good to hear that you are recuperating so well,
Hugs, Diane

Joan M
06-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Maureen,

It's wonderful to hear that you're doing well.

Joan

schoolteacher
06-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Maureen,

Glad to hear from you. Glad you are doing well.

Amelia

jones7676
06-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Maureen,

It is nice to hear from you, I remember how busy I was with my two children when I was young.

Nice to hear you are healing up and it sounds like you are doing well.

It was also fun to read the term "lurking" as I have two friends I remain close with and that was our terminology in the 70s if we were going to go somewhere together. It brought back some wonderful memories for me.

Gerri
06-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Maureen,

So happy to hear that you are doing so well. How wonderful that your sisters were able to stay and help out when you needed them. Keep the good news coming!

Jean
06-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Maureen,
Thank you for updating us on your great progress.
I am glad that you are doing well again and back in charge (having your sisters leave had to be difficult)
Now, enjoy your summer with the kids.

Sending you big healing hugs.
jean

Believe51
06-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Maureen, so excited to hear from you and how well the family is doing. Thanks for sending the hug and sending one right back at 'cha. Know you are always just a thought and a prayer away and I am happy to have heard from you.>>Believe51

ElaineM
06-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work.

SoCalGal
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Great post, Maureen. Stay focused on those kids! Flori

juanita
06-11-2009, 11:50 AM
glad to hear that you're doing so well. i love the picture! it shows how well you feel.

Ruth
06-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Maureen ~ We are so glad you are feeling well. This is a special place and that's why I still come back - there is so much love and hope here.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Sheila
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Maureen
So glad to read your post and know that you are doing well....Those children are precious...what a blessing! I read your blog....you send peaceful waves with the way you write.....keep looking forward!