PDA

View Full Version : trip 2 to m d anderson

Midwest Alice
04-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi everyone!! I fly out tomorrow to see Dr C. at M D Anderson. I will have my first routine brain MRI and talk about pathology reports from my first surgery.... clear margins and such....... I think. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

ElaineM
04-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Have a good trip. I hope you get good news all the way.

Ellie F
04-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Good luck at m.d anderson. Tell Dr C to keep up the research to cure the disease. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with lymphoedema, I am constantly checking both arms now for any signs. Hope it isn't causing you too much discomfort.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs Ellie

Shobha
04-20-2009, 08:50 AM
My prayers are going with you, Alice! Praying for a clean MRI of the brain. Keep us updated.

hugs,
shobha

Jackie07
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
A big welcome to the 'Friendly State'.

Hope everything goes well. Don't forget to do some sightseeings.

lexigirl
04-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Alice,

Checking in to see how your appt went. I am hopeful that all is well and that you are enjoying some sights.

Hugs,
Lexi

schoolteacher
04-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Alice,

I was wondering how your trip went also. I will be praying for you.

Amelia

Believe51
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Alice, just sending a big shout out to you. I am wondering how you are making out in Texas. Please keep updated when you get back because we are all awaiting your return. I too, hope that you will get a chance to do some sightseeing while you are there. Smile Alice.>>Believe51

Midwest Alice
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_ADM%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> I'm cancer free!!!!!! I am so happy!!! The brain MRI came back clean.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. We flew in a few hours ago. I saw Dr. C and a young Dr. working with him. We taped the Dr. so we can listen to it again and make sure we don't miss anything. I ask if there are any trials to prevent the cancer from going to the brain and they said there isn't at this time. I go in 3 months and we will do a CT of the chest area it will be 6 months from the CT in Jan.

I did my Herceptin and Zometa while I was there because I have a chance of getting my airfare and hotel paid for. I took out additional cancer insurance two years before I was dx. It has helped with some of my treatments and covers travel if you have treatment. I will send in my stuff this week and see what they say,

They are concerned about my MUGA score. I have a MUGA next week and Dr. C really wants to see the results. I have this one and another MUGA in July before I go back. I am working on getting it up:... taking co-q 10... using my CPAP regularly and have started an amazing diet. I have cut sugar and flour from my diet. I did really well for 2 weeks then had a little trouble staying on it while I traveled. I will get right back on it because it really makes me feel better and I know I will get this extra weight off. School will be out in 4 weeks and my neighbor and I will walk every morning this summer. I know I can bring it up.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o:p></o:p>
I was so excited to get home and tell you all the news. I am so grateful to have you all to help me through this time in my life.

Ellie F
04-23-2009, 05:04 AM
Brilliant news. Keeping fingers x that your MUGA score behaves itself!Ellie

Mary Anne in TX
04-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Alice, that is marvelous news!!! Just terrific! You must be jumping up and down. so very happy for you! ma

Shobha
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
This is the best news, Alice! May you be blessed with continued NED status and long healthy life!

hugs,
shobha

Jackie07
04-23-2009, 11:00 AM
What wonderful news! Thanks for sharing and happy walking!

Believe51
04-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Alice, I reply while wiping tears. Cancer Free! I would do a happy dance but the 'ole back is out this week. I am so thrilled for your achievement that I will toast in your honor with a nice hot tea. I find it real cute that you can never wait to come home and spread your wonderful triumps with us all. You enjoy saying this over and over...Cancer Free, for you have earned it. I am so happy that you are part of the family and that we can share such a monumental moment in your life. Thanks Alice, you made my evening.>>Believe51

schoolteacher
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Alice,

I am so happy for you. You go girl. Let us know about the MUGA.

Amelia