PDA

View Full Version : ~A Children And Grandchildren Thread~To Make Us Smile

Believe51
03-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Thought this would be a wonderful way to hear stories about our dearest children and grandchildren. We already know one another but I would love to get to know our little ones and the unique things they do and say. It would be a thread for them and them alone, after all, they deserve it for all of the love and smiles they constantly give us.

My granddaughter Tia just turned 5. Where does the time go? This was a baby that fit herself into a Kleenex box at birth. Each day of life with her is like a new day of life for me.

Today she told me that she knows her Grandpa Ed is ill and the only way to get better is for her to visit. Tia's name is "Dr. Tia" and that is her quote.

Whatcha think, should we invite her over tonight??>>Believe51

Believe51
03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
My son, Jason just called me. He only wanted to tell me he loved me. The best part was I was just thinking of my boy!>>Believe51

WomanofSteel
03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
My daughter Logan got her braces off today, so we made it a mother/daughter day. We went out for lunch afterward and did some shopping for her trip to Italy. Then we came home and watched Saw IV ( we like to watch monsters and gore together.) I couldn't have asked for a nicer day!

Believe51
03-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Now that is what I am talking about!!>>Believe51

juanita
03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
my 11 month old grandson took his first wobbly steps last thursday night and today he walked most of the way across my bedroom. look out world here he comes!

Sheila
03-25-2009, 06:47 AM
My newest Grandson born in December rolled over last week...and he is getting his first tooth. His big sister Allison refers to him as my baby brother Mr. Michael!

Believe51
03-25-2009, 10:49 AM
I can already tell you how much I love this thread. Keep it up!!>>Believe51

Bill
03-25-2009, 09:01 PM
My oldest son, Daniel, and his wife, Angela, are expecting their second child in July. Whenever I talk to their first child, Nevya, (three) she tells me, "Grandpap, I'm coming to your house tomorrow". They live 500 miles away! That's her way of saying that she's coming soon for a visit.

notamrnpsn
03-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh Lordy where do I start. i have 16 Grandchldren an 1 great grand. One of my Granddaughters got married on valentines day, The most beautiful bride you ever saw, Jeanette

Sheila
03-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Here is me with six out of my seven....life does not get any better than this...i am surrounded by love!

WomanofSteel
03-26-2009, 06:07 AM
Sheila you have a beautiful family. I love the picture!

Believe51
03-26-2009, 08:12 AM
And many Angels, Sheila. Thanks for posting the picture of these lovelies! I actually think of these little ones and sometimes pull the pictures from Halloween, etc to grab a look at them while I pray for these guys.

I really am enjoying this thread, I cannot say that enough.

Okay my turn.....Tia called me last night at 10:20 pm. She told me that she could not sleep without talking to her Grandma Marie. Priceless. We talked until I heard the yawns and kissed her goodnight over the phone.>>Believe51

juanita
03-30-2009, 03:47 PM
my almost 3 year old granddaughter sang her abc's and twinkle twnikle little star to me on the cell phone.

Believe51
03-31-2009, 06:12 AM
Tia looks like an exact twin of my son with long blonde hair like her Mommy. This fine hair needs a detangling comb so I finally bought a nice one for her. When I asked her to "Please come over here so Grandma can brush your".......she quickly replied......"Ratsnest"!!

Cannot tell you how hard I laughed. I really had no choice but to give her big huggies!!>>Believe51

DonnaD
04-06-2009, 01:32 PM
I just started to scrap book Christmas pictures. My oldest grandson, Zach, who was 4 years old loved sitting on Santa's lap this year. We had the pleasure of being there. I was beaming as he sat there telling him what he wanted. When Zach was finished he ran over to me very excited and said "BeBe (his name for me instead of grandma) Santa knows you!"

StephN
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Something I did not think I would live to see and enjoy! Jesse was 8 when I was diagnosed with cancer. He has lived with an off and on sick grandma and has lost two other grandparents from cancer in the meantime.
It was an amazing pleasure to give him a party for family and a few close friends yesterday.

This is the sort of thing that really drives home what I and the whole family have been through these past years. Makes me very thankful for being allowed to overcome this disease and see my family grow and prosper. Thank you, God!
(Don't think I can keep up with Sheila, have only grandchild 3 on the way in May!)

WomanofSteel
04-06-2009, 03:04 PM
What a lovely picture Steph. May God bless you with many more wonderful years together!

juanita
04-09-2009, 07:16 PM
dilly had fallen and broke her top front teeth. she had them pulled monday just before we picked her up for my spring vacation. now when she grins it's a toothless grin!

Believe51
04-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Wonderful pictures and heartwarming feelings reading these threads. Steph, how could you keep up with Sheila anyway......after all she has 2 husbands..Hahaha. Juanita, I cannot believe how big Dilly is.

Tia called me on Easter and it started my morning so sweetly. She offered to share her Easter candy with me. I told her I was not only getting back into shape but I was like a stray....feed me once and you own me. Funny, but she thought she already did. Boy she is my energy, my medicine.>>Believe51

Believe51
04-15-2009, 05:52 AM
I love how Tia looks at her Grandpa Ed; I could watch her for hours. It is a look like she gives no other person and I am sure that it contains no pity. She can see the true Ed somehow even at 5 years old. This look spills out of her soul and surely is utmost admiration, respect and love. In the past she has told me how proud she is of her Grandpa.....almost left the room to cry.>>Believe51

Believe51
04-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Tia came over last night and while we were doing some crafts together I listened to her talk. I could listen all night long to her charming conversations. She was describing how when she seen something so beautiful that "she cried tears of joy." Then she asked me if I have ever cried those kind of tears. Of course I said "yes" but she will never know just how many. I am still beaming from our play date last night, she recharges me so much.>>Believe51

juanita
04-23-2009, 10:22 AM
today my grandson turns 1. birthday party later tonight! and this morning at 2 am i became a great aunt. to a little 9 lb 2 oz boy and my mom didn't say his name.

Savta
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
The grandkids do keep us going. We just had our "lucky 13", and 14 is on the way! I guess that's the name of the game--to keep looking ahead!

Believe51
04-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Tia came over just to share her pretzels with me. She loves them just as much as Grandma Marie does and who better to share them with than someone whom respects them like me? Gotta love that.>>Believe51

eric
04-25-2009, 07:08 AM
I love this thread as it lets me know each of you better. Steph, after all this time I had no idea you had a grandson, I love the picture.
Sheila - great pic of your family and it's the first time I noticed the saying...very powerful.
Believe....I have trouble seeing you as a grandmother but I bet you're a great one! I can feel the love and warmth.
On my side, Jennifer is 16 and Zach is 13. I'm going to start negative but get to the positive....They go through the normal stuff with the added burden of watching a mother that they absolutely idolize struggle and suffer. With all this negativity...their strength amazes me. They're both doing great in school, Jenn made varsity Cheer (which she's been working SO hard for) and Zach plays tournament baseball and basketball. When we had to break the awful news of their mother they consoled each other and expressed extraordinary concern for the other. It was one of the most touching and proudest moments of my life as a father.
Eric

notamrnpsn
04-25-2009, 08:26 AM
I have the youngest of my 16 grandchildren visiting for the weekend. His name is Sean and is 16 months old. This morning he came into bed with me and laid his little head on my pillow and smiled at me. what a blessing they all are. Jeanette

Believe51
04-25-2009, 08:56 AM
We raise our children with love and guidance, we teach them everything we know, the best way we know how. We protect them, we love them unconditionally, we hope for the best. Of course we want them to flourish into the best human beings that they are capable of becoming. Those lessons we teach them and we hope they we listening to, we watch if they actually were.

But some lessons we can not teach, they must learn other things life gives us sometimes in a terrble way. The beautiful part of your story, Eric is that these wonderful children of yours have learned so much from Caryn and you. They have also learned so unfairly of the other side of life. One you cannot shield them from as much as I know we all want to.

As Tia gets older and watches her Grandpa Ed lose his hair, be too tired or sick for company, have an appointment that interferes with her bonding time, she never complains. In her own little 5 year old mind (ok, maybe 9 yr old mind~smiling) she understands what is happening. She is starting to ask questions and give back compassion and support, she knows Grandpa is sick. Like we do with our children, I supply her only with what I think a 5 year old mind can handle and try to protect her from the details until she is ready. She has started to really support me through my husbands illness, a 5 year old, it is fascinating to me and has allowed us to bond more than I ever thought possible.

These children you have raised have taken all of your lessons and those handed to them in life and made the best of them. It is sad but it is more special and beautiful that they have, in a sense, found their way through together. You both are very spectacular parents and I am so proud of your two amazing children. They are always included in the prayers I say for Caryn and you. You must be floating on a cloud to see these once helpless creatures turn into these unique individuals. Looks to me like they were listening all the way though. (and that was a giant wink!)

Now, I managed to conquer the avatar, let me see if I can master the 'picture in the post' so I can have proof I am Grandma Marie. Obviously you cannot see they white hair in my picture..hahaha. Thanks for this post, it made me smile hard to see the side of the 'silent sufferers', our sweet children and grandchildren who too endure their own strengths. May God bless them continually as the walk the walk with us. Love.>>Believe51

juanita
04-26-2009, 09:38 AM
if i could have i'd have had my grandchildren first!

notamrnpsn
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM
My sentiments exactly Juanita. Lol , Jeanette

Believe51
04-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Hahahaha! I hear you girls.....but then again...who could we experiment on?? Hahaha.>>Believe51

juanita
04-27-2009, 05:29 PM
changed my avatar to a pix of my little man. he got his first haircut today and he looks a lot more like his daddy. grandkids are so great!

Believe51
04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh my, he is so gorgeous and has grown so fast. It is life's greatest gift to watch these little angels grown up. How lucky we are, huh?>>Believe51

Believe51
05-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Tia came over for the day yesterday with her usual arsenal of activities and crafts pack neatly in her travel bag. She made me laugh because when I opened the door she stood there with this oversized bag around her petite shoulders. We are all sitting in the same room and Ed and I share eye contact and smiles as she shares her own smiles and therapeutic qualities.

An hour into our visit she tells me she has 'DIAREAHA' and wants me to see it. I wondered why my Daughter-in-Law would send her having a possibility of being sick, after all, Tia has not been to school since a close case of Swine Flu in their school district. She has not left the house for her safety. Her mom assured me she was as clean as she could be for a 5 year old and would never compromise Ed.

Then it hit me and I tried so hard not to laugh......She had a DIARY but when saying it she was using the wrong accent and pronounciation. I could not stop laughing every time she mentioned it. Did I mention that I know why I think we have children when we are younger? Lol. Grandma Marie loves you Tia, you are one of the greatest joys I know.>>Believe51

Sheila
05-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Just one of my "lil angels"...Eden on her 1st Communion Day

Believe51
05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Grandpa Ed's Favorite Girl.....Little Miss Tia

WomanofSteel
05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Juanita, Sheila and Marie, you all have lovely grandchildren. I have my daughter Logan who just turned 17 today and I am proud to say passed her driving test and got her license!

Believe51
05-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Ut oh, I think this is the time the grey hair starts to florish WOS>>Believe51

Terri B
05-15-2009, 12:46 PM
What a great thread! It helps to know more about each other besides the stupid disease!!

Besides, I love pictures. Believe, you are so beautiful! You look much too young in your pic to be a gram.

I have 3 children. Maria, 26, who gave me my first grandchild last december, Jimmy, 20, who just got married this last weekend and is shipping off to basic training next Tuesday (sniff, sniff there goes my baby boy) and Alex who is 14 and still in middle school. I am soooo proud of the LOT OF THEM!

Here's Damon (my grandson)

Believe51
05-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Terri, he certainly has your eyes!! I so love this thread too, it allows us to see reasons why we fight, whether we have cancer or not. To me it is all about family and friends and I am so happy to get to know you guys better.>>Believe51

Terri B
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Well, I just said good-bye to my son. I know he will be fine, but dang, my heart has just been ripped out of my chest. Only here can I say that. In front of my family, I am the fearless one!

Jimmy, 20, will be in basic training in San Antonio for 8 1/2 weeks. Then straight to tech school for I don't know how long. Then he might get to come home for a little while before he ships off to his base where he will be stationed.

I will miss him. :'(

StephN
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Grandson number 3 arrived TODAY! Poor daughter-in-law tried SO hard, but things got a bit dicey and they made the call to go with the cesarian. Good thing they did as the umbillical cord was twice around the little tyke's neck.

I know I have nothing on Jeanette or Savta with their family numbers, but this was especially nice as they chose to honor grandpa (my hubby) and use his name for the new baby boy.

I will post a photo once I GET one! So far, their Facebook page doesn't even have one. Guess they had run out of gas by now.

I am sure he will be a little heartbreaker like the others I see here!

Believe51
05-18-2009, 11:36 PM
What, no Facebook picture yet?? Go figure (smiling).

Congratulations Steph and what a honor to have them use your husbands name. Cannot wait for his introduction to his extended family.>>Believe51

WomanofSteel
05-19-2009, 05:16 AM
Wonderful news! Can't wait to see the little man!

StephN
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi and thanks for the congrats!
Facebook had a pic this morning and inbox with several.

Weighed in at 7.1 pounds and 18 inches long. How about that profile? Like his papa's!

WomanofSteel
05-19-2009, 01:48 PM
What a gorgeous family! Big congrats!

Believe51
05-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Oh yes, I do see the makings of a heartbreaker, Steph....hehehe! He is gorgeous and the picture is priceless. Thanks for introducing the little guy to us, it has refreshed me and I so wish you could see the smile on my face. What a cutie!!>>Believe51

juanita
05-19-2009, 04:00 PM
congratulations!

Sheila
05-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Believe, your little Tia is precious
Congrats Steph on the new little edition, what a handsome little guy....
Juanita, I love what you said about having grandchildren first...thats the truth....
My little Maura..I call her the Irish Princess, was just in her cousin Zakia's wedding

Joe
05-20-2009, 09:47 AM
See my post from yesterday about our photo album.

Regards
Joe

Terri B
05-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Here is my relay for life team!
Top row is my husband, Keith, My sister, Lisa, my youngest, Alex, My Mom, Lynda, Me, My grandson, Damon, and My oldest, Maria.
Second row is friends, Erica, Melissa, my neice (preggy) Tracy and my son, Jimmy (who just shipped off to basic training)

Believe51
06-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Tia got a haircut, well a trim. At first I panicked over the phone because she has long, gorgeous hair. That was until she described the process. Did you know that they put sparkles in her hair??>>Believe51

sassy
06-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Another milestone I was around to see! He was an 8th grader when I was dx'd!

Believe51
06-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Awesome that you posted this seperate because I was looking to comment on the gorgeous picture. I also needed a place to congratulate both him and you. So kudos for the entire family for experiencing the pleasures of watching our children grow and graduate, not just from school but into adulthood. I am so happy that I could share with you the wonderous moments in your life. You deserve only precious milestones and memories that outweigh anything else but. Lots of love.>>Believe51

Terri B
06-15-2009, 07:01 AM
So Friends,

My Grandson, Damon, Just turned 6 months on June 1 and guess who's pregnant again?!?

I wonder how THAT happened???? :D

Believe51
06-15-2009, 09:05 AM
We must find a way to touch through the computer. Maybe it is best that we cannot because I would be pinching those cheeks. What a cutie, Terri!!>>Believe51

Terri B
06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Yep, Marie and BOY is he a flirt! ;)

Believe51
07-01-2009, 09:56 AM
My son just called as he does during every bad storm and blizzard. Jason needed to know that I was at home safe and sound. He told me to stay in and he would check in later.....so much for sneaking out of the house (lol). I think he would have a fit if I told him I was just outside enjoying the rain and tremendous thunder and lightening. Sorry Jase.>>Believe51

Believe51
07-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Tia went to my Mom's house which is right up the street from us. She and her Daddy helped Grandma Madeline rake, trim bushes, treat Dogwood trees and roses, and cut grass. Tia really gave Mom a run for her money with the help she gave and all with a smile. This child has always been so interested in helping rather than playing when she visits. We do the normal craft projects and make-believe but for the most part she just loves to help us. Grandpa Ed in her eyes is not sick, he just needs a little more help than others. Deep down she knows he is ill and I simply adore how she makes him feel alive.

I think that our next visit will include a fancy dinner for the whole lot of us. Tia loves to cook and bake with me and sometimes I am so unsure where my patience comes from. I just love the small person she is and enjoy watching her morph into this vibrant and charming young lady.>>Believe51

Believe51
08-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Reflecting on the phone call I got earlier, Tia called just to tell me she loves me. Earlier this week she visited and what a day. As I poured her a beverage she had her tiny arms crossed on the counter and out of the blue...."Grandma, the more I get to know you, the more I love you. You know, you said that I cheer you up....well, Grandma Marie, you cheer Meee up"! I know that life with her just keeps getting more special and I could not be happier. Grandma loves T.>>Believe51

I cannot believe she is 5 1/2, where does that time go??

StephN
08-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone -

Well, here is the reason I have not been spending my normal amount of time on this site. Got multiple distractions in the form of family, but this is the BIGGEST one. http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif
Yes, flirt and heartbreaker already at 3 months. He tried to roll over on the living room floor today.

vickie h
08-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Steph,

what a cutie! You have truly been blessed with such a wonderful family and your "newest" is just the sweetest face I've seen> Congrats, again, on your sweetie pie.

Believe51
08-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I'll say it again...."What A Cutie!!">>Believe51

StephN
05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
I will continue this thread with the ONE YEAR celebration of my youngest grandson. We were in Texas for the christening and birthday party. Ponies were brought in for the kids to ride as well as a few adults who were under a certain weight!

Here grandpa sits Little Emile on the Shetland and uncle gets ready to lead the pony. The little guy just grabbed on to the saddle horn and away they went!

Laurel
05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Ok. Big AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....HOW ADORABLE! Pony is cute, too! I cannot wait to be a grandma! I'm jealous!