PDA

View Full Version : A sight to see.

fauxgypsy
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
After all my complaining today about missing a boob, I was cooking supper tonight, in some clothes that I had worn in my studio today. An oversized bright yellow t-shirt with paint all over it, a pair of pink jogging pants that I truly hate and am using to paint in. I am not a pink jogging suit person (my step-mother bought me these). I washed my hair this morning but did not style it and my wonderful chemo curls are almost gone. I did not have my boob on. My house is a mess, we are in the early stages of remodeling and I have stuff setting all over the living room. We live in rural area and I wasn't expecting to see anyone. There is a knock on the door. It is a real estate agent. A real estate agent looking for me, or rather my alter ego, the usually professional looking faux finisher. I had changed my phone number, undoubtedly she does not understand email (if she had my address, then she had a business card, it follows that there was an email address on it. I can't imagine any other way she could have gotten my address.) I was at the door brandishing a pair of tongs, she came in, the cat came in. One of her clients had added something to a house that I had done work at and they need me to make it look the same. So, I turned dinner off and took her down to my studio. Only to find out that she is a member of the same Artist Guild that I am in. We were at the same meeting two weeks ago. She kept saying that she didn't remember seeing me there. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that today I looked like a lopsided, demented easter egg. Anyway, it turned out okay, I guess, she loved my studio, and my work.

StephN
02-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Love it, Leslie!
The "new" normal is ... wherever it takes us.

At least someone wanted you for your talents. Guess she was just glad you were not barging in on HER on Sat. morning!

WomanofSteel
02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
See it really isn't the boob that matters LOL!

chrisy
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Ha ha ha ha! Great story!

Bill
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
The Lord does work in mysterious ways.

freyja
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
At least you were a nicely painted, lopsided, demented easter egg!