PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a Baseball fan?

DonnaD
09-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi,
On a whim yesterday we decided to buy tickets to the Cub's vs Astro's game. We live in N. IL and it is about an hour and a half drive to the Brewers Stadium.

As the game progressed we soon realized we could be witnessing History. Yep, Zambrano did it, a NO HITTER! What an exciting evening.

Donna

Sheila
09-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Donna
I am so jealous!!!! I have been a Cubs Fan my whole life...unlike some other family members who are part of the "South Side Itish....White Sox Fans"!
You DID witness history...what a thing to tell your Grandsons!
I was at Starved Rock Sunday for a baby shower...a couple weeks and it will be bursting with color....if all the flooding here subsides. Morris made the Chicago News with flooding!!!!

Colleens_Husband
09-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Donna:

Seeing something like that at a ballpark is so special. I envy you for the memories you will have.

I took my youngest son, Miles, to a football game which broke a record for most points scored by both teams. He still brags about it to his friends.

Lee

Marlys
09-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Donna,
I am a Cubbies fans also. We try to hit Phoenix during spring training and head straight for the Cubs games. The only thingthat would make my husband happier is for the Yankees to move their spring training camp to Arizona. I have attended about 4 Cubs games when I have been in Chicago for nursing business. I absolutely had a ball at the game as well as on the streets outside the park after the game. Those fans are great people.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

notamrnpsn
09-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I am a RedSox fan. Have follwed them thru the good and the bad years. Where I live now is the Washington Capitals spring training camp. Also the Florida Manitees play here, we only have to drive about 5 mins to get to the stadium. Lot of fun watching the spring training and talking to the players., Jeanette

I meant to say the Nationals- oops

jones7676
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I've been a Detroit Tigers fan since I was old enough to know what I was listening to on the radio. My mom is 83 and is still a faithful fan - although she has the luxury of watching it on cable tv now. My brother who is over 60 is also a fan.

juanita
09-19-2008, 06:32 PM
go cubbies!!!!!!

Gerri
09-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I am a die hard Angels fan. We took our kids to their games when they were young and they are still huge fans. They have already clinched the American League West and I am looking forward to cheering them on in the World Series!

Go Angels!!!

rinaina
09-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I am a Chicago fan but if White Sox and Cubs play each other, I root for the White Sox, (Have to, hubby and son are die hard Sox fans) This is difficult since I was raised on the north side. All this aside, both teams are doing fantastic. How cool would it be if they both ended up in the World Series against each other? Chicago would be going crazy! Cubs are about to clinch their division.

Jackie07
09-19-2008, 10:47 PM
The Astro's owner, Drayton McLane, lives just 2 minutes' drive down from us. He's on the board of the hospital, The McLane company, the bank... We are 'required' to be an Astro's fan to live here (Nah, just kidding!)

I don't know if they still do it or not. When he just bought the team several years ago, the people in town organized bus rides to go to the Astrodome to root for the team.

Now, am I right that the Astro's are just a few games away from winning the wild card? Did the Cub's make it more difficult for the Astro's?