PDA

View Full Version : Mary Anne in TX

Vi Schorpp
09-11-2008, 07:32 AM
I hope you and your granddaughter are safe in San Antonio. I've been wondering how Ike was affecting your area. Be well!

Diana1993
09-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Mary Anne,
Please post, and let all of us worry worts relax.
Hugs,
Diana.

Mary Anne in TX
09-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Ayden and I are in San Antonio and my hubby and dog and cat are on the way. I think my friends in Houston and Galveston are going to be hit worse than us, but since we live on the water and they expect a 3 - 4 foot surge, we left!
Thank you so much for checking. I'll let you know in a couple of days when it moves on shore!
ma

Mary Jo
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks for checking in. Stay safe.

MaryJo

juanita
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Hope that all is well with everyone!

Mary Anne in TX
09-14-2008, 07:26 AM
My husband, mother-in-law, and granddaughter will head home today! I will stay one more day. I think I just can't face the water yet. We were really lucky they tell us...just in the first level and very fixable. But everything is stacked upstairs and for some reason I just can't see all my plants washed away and my home disrupted yet. I'll stay one more day and let my husband talk me through the results over the phone to get me ready.
Sometimes I think I've become a brain dead person with very little ability to deal with stress anymore. But I'll rest today and make up my mind to head home and be happy tomorrow. I am so lucky and so grateful for what I have. I'll have my one day pity party and then "get on with it"! We lost so little and have so much! Mostly each other and our beautiful view. There is a price for everything, isn't there?
My friends in Houston, Baytown, Kemah, and the surrounding areas are in a pickle. I'm an Exxon brat and grew up in Baytown so I know the fear when storms come and the reality of what could happen at the refinery and the other chemical plants and refineries. We lived on the ship channel and watched those huge tankers go by every day! Didn't know til I was older how dangerous all that stuff really can be.
Thank you for checking on me. I'll have my attitude fixed by nightfall and be on the road tomorrow!
Luv to you all, ma

juanita
09-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Have a safe trip home and keep us updated please.

Jackie07
09-14-2008, 10:25 AM
It might not be a bad idea to dread for the worst and then be pleasantly surprised.

My husband and I tied the fence door and cut some tree limbs the afternoon before the storm hit. We stayed watching CNN (just hooked to satellite cable less than 2 months ago) till 2:30 am. But we got lucky that it went 'north' instead of 'west' and did not go across I-35. We didn't get but a couple of raindrops.

Keep us updated, will you?

Vi Schorpp
09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
I think it's good you're taking another day. We got just the tail end of Ike (high winds) yesterday and I was without power until 30 minutes ago. Our winds were 50-70 mph and there's lots of trees down, etc. If this was the tail, I can't imagine the full brunt of these hurricanes.

I hope when you arrive home things aren't so bad, but I know you'll be able to handle whatever you need to. Not saying you want to, just that you'll be able to with that positive attitude of yours.

Be well and be safe.