PDA

View Full Version : Wecpme Back STILLHERE we missed you!!!!

Sheila
09-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Karen
I was so happy to see your smiling face on a recent post...Welcome back....we have missed your posts!

Bill
09-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes, we did miss you! Welcome back, sweetie!

StillHere
09-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Thank you all for your private and public well wishes! I wish I could explain to you why I shut down socially when depression hits. It runs in my family. I have always had difficulty with post partum & pre menstrual depression, so I am quite sure it is hormones, or in this case lack there of. I did not realize going back to full-time after working half time for 1 year would be such a drain on my energy. I would work late, eat, and go to bed. The longer I stayed away from the board the more guilty I felt. Then it got to the point, I was too afraid to look at the board Incas someone had passed and I was not there for support. It was a never ending vicious circle in my head. For some reason I do this with B-day and X-mas cards. I have not opened x-mas cards for the past two years because I did not send any out and felt too guilty reading greetings from others who were not so lazy. I did change from Zoloft to Effexor because it is suppose to be better for hot flashes. That was over a year a go, so is probably not the reason. I sure hope my daughter does not have to go through this. I have a lot of catching up to do. Trying to read so posts each night now. Good news is I bought a new puppy last month. She is a Yorkie/Shitzu mix and 3.1 lb bundle of energy and very entertaining. I named her Zoey. My sister looked the name up and said it means LIFE. Go figure. Love to all you and your families. Karen

chrisy
09-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Karen,
It's so great to "see" you back...I missed you so!

PinkGirl
09-05-2008, 08:03 AM
I welcomed you back in an e-mail, and I'll do it again here.
We definitely missed you Karen and it is so nice to have you
back posting.

You don't have to explain a thing to us if you don't want to.
Please stay well !!!

Vi Schorpp
09-05-2008, 08:13 AM
it's good to see you back. We all struggle with different issues, so never feel guilt or shame. As far as the X-Mas cards, maybe you can approach it this way. HUG THE MONSTER! Purchase your greeting cards early. Pick one card you haven't opened yet, and prepare an envelope for that person. Then, open their card and read their good wishes. That will make it easier to prepare their card early, and no pressure on you. Do one or two a week. Don't mail or seal them yet in case you want to add anything before you're ready to mail them.

In any event, many people don't send cards any more. There's no reason to apologize for that.

Take care and be well. Glad you're back.

juanita
09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Welcome back! Give yourself a break and ask someone to help you. I know, easier said than done, but it sounds like you need it.

Lien
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Dear Karen,

Glad you're back and good to hear you've got a new puppy. About the X-mas cards and Birthday cards: some people enjoy sending them, and that's fine. But for you it has become a chore and the whole issue makes you feel guilty and you feel bad about yourself. Do you think your true friends want you to feel guilty and bad? No they don't. They'd rather do without the card and lift that burden off your shoulders. So don't send cards. Play with the puppy. Read a book. Eat some cake. Do things that make YOU feel good.
You've been through a lot. You deserve a break.

And if people are upset about not receiving cards? It's their problem. They are not true friends. They don't deserve your friendship. So they don't need to be sent a card. Simple as that.

If they complain about this, give them my email address and tell them to take their complaints to me. I'll deal with them, nicely but firmly.

Hugs

Lien

Mary Anne in TX
09-05-2008, 04:16 PM
However and whenever we get to have you back we celebrate you being here! You're one terrific kid and muchly missed when gone! Do whatever you need to do. My mom and I both battled depression and I still do at times. I've kinda taken the attitude of "it will pass". Much love, ma

Believe51
09-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I want to thank you for responding to one of my posts. It was such a surprise to hear from you and I was so estatic to read your post. We have been wondering how you are and your family here is so happy to know you are 'STILLHERE', (smiling).

Sorry life has thrown some things at you but please know how deeply you are loved. Depression is a horrible thing and I am so sorry you had to be at that place. Glad you are feeling more like yourself. Looking forward to hearing about how things are going now, especially that baby puppy dog!!>>I Love You>>Believe51