PDA

View Full Version : a happy thread

loveher
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi!!! I just felt like writing a happy thread since i think my previous ones were too uh not happy haha. that and the fact that i have a lot of homework and need a good reason to procrastinate : o

the good news is that mommy appears to be responding well to the xeloda/tykerb/herceptin combo yea! her ca 27/29 have been dropping from 350 to around 250. averaging 30-60 every 3 weeks. shes getting a cat scan soon *fingers crossed

despite the fact that im about 5 hours away from home, i've been feeling the happiest i've felt in a longgg time. im just really appreciative that i have an amazing mom and im really enjoying my classes and college in general

my moms bday is coming up, in oct, im trying to think of either making a surprise visit home or mailing her something big. any suggestions?

i hope everyones doing good, i just feel tremendous hope for all of us who are affected by this disease and i refuse to think otherwise. Stay strong everybody!

k im gonna go back to my very lonely looking calculus book : )

Jean
09-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Sue,
Your post put a huge smile on my face. Thank you!
I am so thrilled to hear your Mother is responding to her treatment. I am also thrilled to hear the strength in your post.

I remember when I was dx and having my treatments my son was still in college at the time. Just know you have already given your mother a huge gift, by attending school and doing what you have to do.
She knows how difficult these times are for you.

A gift my son gave to me that I still treasure to this day
was a jar filled with personal small notes of special things he appreciated and loves about me.
He mentioned all sorts of things from early childhood up to his college days..and young manhood. I still open the notes and read them as they are so very special and dear to me. Oh, of course also include your beautiful smile.

You are a strong loving daughter...
I wish you great sucess in your fall term.

Warmly,
Jean

karenann
09-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Sue,

I am happy for you and your mom! Good luck with your calculus.

Karen

harrie
09-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Hey Sue....a big hug and smiles for both you and your precious mommy.....
Maryanne

WomanofSteel
09-04-2008, 03:44 AM
Glad your mom is responding well to her treatment. I think Jean's idea is a great one! I am a mom too and I know it is thrilling when your child tells you how much they love and appreciate you and the things you do/have done for them. I think she would really like a gift along those lines.

CoachPlayWin
09-04-2008, 04:42 AM
She mush know how lucky she is to have such a wonderful daughter; I know my daughter did not want to go back to college after I was diagnosed, and I'm sure it's hard for you as well.

I like the ideas that have been given here; my only suggestion is to stay AWAY from all the pink crap that seems to be everywhere these days. I get so sick of people giving me that stuff. Give her something to know how much you love her!

Gerri
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Sue,

Great news!! I am so happy to hear that your mom is responding well to treatment and you can let go of a little of that stress.

Keep doing well in school. A mother's greatest reward is when her child succeeds in life. You are a winner!

Much love to you.

juanita
09-04-2008, 02:31 PM
glad to hear how things are going. hope you might it back for her b-day. hugs and prayers.

Joan M
09-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Sue,

I'm so happy that your mom is responding to her treatment!

Missed you at the brunch, but there will be another and hopefully your mom will be able to come along too.

Glad your enjoying college. Have fun!

Joan

goops
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I am very happy for you and your mom - may the good news keep coming!

lexigirl
09-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for sharing your mom's good news with us!! I am happy that she is responding well!! That's awesome!!

You are a great daughter and I bet if it is possible for you to surprise her at home, that she would be so happy! Whatever you decide will be great because you are doing it out of love. I am very proud of you!

Lexi