PDA

View Full Version : hey Maria (mts) - TS Fay in Florida

hutchibk
08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Just noticed that you might be in the eye of TS Fay - hoping you are alright!

Let us know

hutchibk
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Just checking on you again, hope you didn't get too gully-washed out!

mts
08-21-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi Brenda !!!

Well the storm brought much needed water to our receding lakes... I live in Highlands County Florida.
For me- it brought a multitude of frogs to the pool and a gazillion eggs. My pool smells like stinky fish !!!

And now Fay is circling back...

I know things could be worse. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the eggs won't all hatch.

Aren't you headed to soggy Florida soon ?
Maria

hutchibk
08-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Actually, I just got back on Sunday - LBK was rainy the entire time we were there, except for the morning that we were leaving. Was gonna parasail that morning, and it would have been a beautiful morning to do it, but the dumb boat wouldn't start...

We have family on Bird Nest Key and in Sarasota, so we just hung out with them at their houses when it was raining. Went to St Armands for one evening, which I love. That was about it.

Glad you weathered the storm ok! Guess it's time to build a lanai around your pool, eh? LOL

mts
08-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Brenda you scag ! You did not call me while you were here !!
Oh Well.
These storms really do get people in the hunker-down mode anyway. From the looks of it, it may end up in your backyard.
I wish I did have a lanai... but I live in one of those old Florida homes where the pool is way off into the yard. Its practically a jungle...

Thanks for checking on me though...
xo
Maria

hutchibk
08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
I LOVE the word scag! It is soooo underused and it works so well - LOL!! Remember when it used to be the worst thing you could call a girl you hated in high school (in the 70s anyway)? HA.

I didn't have your phone # with me. OK, slap me silly, but I forgot to take it with me. Yeah, I hope we get a bit of the rain from Fay, but at the rate that she's moving, it might be Christmas before she leaves Florida... which by then will become a reef off the coast of Georgia and Alabamie... LOL.