PDA

View Full Version : weird question

naturaleigh
08-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I have a weird question, feel funny asking it. Before my dx I had a hair on my left shoulder that was very thin and would grow fairly long. I always wanted to know just how long it would get but once I knew it was there, I had to pull it out. It grew a couple of times per year. Once I got one on my left left and then on the left side of my stomach. I have noticed that ever since my treatment, it has not returned. I was wondering if anyone else got this lone hair that would grow long and thin. Could this be a sign that something is going astray?

Mgarr
08-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Anita,

As long as I could remember I had a stray long hair on my arm I would pull it and a few months later it would be 3" long again. Anyway, it disappeared like all hair when I started chemo. Just this week I noticed it is back along with some other things I consider "normal" for me. My menustration is returning and the inflammation in my joints is gone and I have been off Enbrel for 4 weeks.

What I did notice before my diagnosis was everything else in my body was working quickly, hair needed cutting by 3 weeks, weight started falling off. I was under alot of stress so it could have been that or the her2 gene misfiring.

Mar

Montana
08-15-2008, 05:59 PM
No hair or perspiration under my left arm since chemo and rads to that area. I save on deoderant and razors by only having to use 1/2 as much. LOL

TerriC
08-16-2008, 04:40 AM
I have always had a stray chin hair that hasn't grown back(woohoo!) even tho' I have lots of chemo curls! Haven't had to start using deodorant yet either.
Mgarr, I find your comment interesting about everything else in your body working quickly just before diagnosis because I had those same things plus I felt more tired than usual. I just wrote the tiredness off to it being the end of winter.