PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for one of our Vets, please

Bill
07-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi everyone! I know that this request is steering the cart a little off of our main trail, but I had to wrest the reins for a moment or two. Please pray for and send good wishes to "Ozzie", a disabled Vietnam veteran who was diagnosed with acute Leukemia 6 months ago. He has recently undergone a bone-marrow transplant. His brother was the donor. His sister, Becky, has taken a leave of absence from work to care for him. I do not know Ozzie personally, but I do know from those that know him that he is a great guy. While in the hospital, he is the guy that goes around to the other patients cheering them up, incredibly upbeat and possessing a great sense of humour. I've recently learned of Ozzie's plight from my best friend, Todd, who is close to the family. This Saturday, in the Hampton Roads, Va, area, Ozzie's family and supporters will be conducting a poker run and moving bake sale. Please send up prayers and warm thoughts for Ozzie and Becky that the bake sale and poker run does well. (Becky has 2 children and right now has no real income, she's just taking care of her brother) Also, please pray that Ozzie's treatment works. I apologize for taking the reins, but I feel like we are all family here, and in this together. Thanks and blessings to you all, Bill

Yorkiegirl
07-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Bill of course you have prayer's from me for Ozzie. I pray that a;; goes well with his treatments.
I hope they fantastic with the poker run and bake sale. Prayer's also for his family as well.

Mary Jo
07-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Don't apologize Bill.....that's why we're here. To support one another. Yes, I do lift up prayers for Ozzie and Becky. I pray the weekend's festivities are a huge success and that God's love and presence are felt by all in attendance.

Thank you Bill for sharing this with us and giving us the opportunity to lift up one of God's children in prayer.

Mary Jo

Joan M
07-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Bill,

Thanks for the opportunity to pray for somebody in need. Ozzie and his family are in my prayers. Ozzie sounds blessed already and seems to have a very special role to play in the scheme of life. I also prayer for a fabulous poker run and bake sale.

Joan

sassy
07-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Dear Bill, you know you can ask anything of us.

Nothing makes one feel better than to care for another. Caring extends beyond the physical to the emotional and the spiritual. We are all here to care for one another and for all who are in need both emotionally and spiritually.

Thats what we do.
Thats who we are.

harrie
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Of course BBB! You share your love and support for so many of US....that for you...anything Buddy!
Ozzie has my prayers and wishes for a good recovery.
Hope all goes well with the fundraiser too.

BGHC...

hutchibk
07-17-2008, 08:30 AM
Big Texas prayers being sent for Ozzie and his family...

Our soldiers, wounded warriors and veterans are the epitome of heros in our country.

Jackie07
07-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Prayers from another warrior in Tejas.

chrisy
07-17-2008, 12:53 PM
And prayers from me...

NanaKaren
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
And "ditto" from NanaKaren. Ozzie is in my prayers.

Jean
07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Bill,
Of course, you can count me in also!

Jean

juanita
07-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Count me in as well!

TriciaK
07-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm adding my prayers, too. My husband is a disabled USAF vet. Let us know how the weekend and the treatments turn out. Ozzie has been through a lot, and is truly a warrior in every way. Tricia

Barbara H.
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I am also sending thoughts and prayers.
Barbara H.

schoolteacher
07-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Bill,

I will be praying for Ozzie and all the other veterans.

Amelia

Believe51
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Yes, we are family here and I am so pleased you took those reins. You are always supporting us through thick and thin. It is my ultimate pleasure to be able to give back to such a special man, we love you and that warped sense of humor. Thanks for making our journey a bit better than it would be without you.

Again, continued prayers to you and all whom you love>>Believe51

Bill
07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi everybody! Just wanted to give you an update. Thanks to your prayers and warm wishes, the moving bake sale for Ozzie raised over 700 dollars! And the poker run did well, also. I don't have a tally on that one. Another group handled the poker run for Ozzie. Thank you all so much. Right now, Ozzie is recuperating at Vanderbilt, with Becky caring for him, and they have no access to a computer, but he was overjoyed and very touched to know that so many people were praying for him. I didn't know this, but he didn't even know about the bake sale and poker run until it was over. God helps us in so many ways, and often we are not even aware. I passed on the her2 site address to Ozzie and Becky via my friend Todd, so let's pray that they can log on somehow, and receive even more encouragement. Blessings and Peace to you all, Bill

Joan M
07-30-2008, 06:50 PM
Bill, Thanks for the update on Ozzie. Glad to hear that he is doing well and the bake sale and poker run raised money for him. Always willing to pray for somebody in need. Best, Joan

goops
07-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Ozzie has our prayers.