PDA

View Full Version : Parathyroid is out and let this be......

rinaina
07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
...the end of surgeries for me. Four surgeries in the past 6 years is enough so I have made the decision that I am done. Sure hope the doctors are! Came through with flying colors I am happy to report.

dhealey
07-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Congrats on your surgery going well. Amen to no more surgeries. I have had 4 in the last 20 months. Best wishes!

WomanofSteel
07-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Glad it's over with and you came through it well. you had a busy month. Time to relax and take care of you now.

chicagoetc
07-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Rina,

I am assuming all these surgeries are not cancer related? [Hopefully not.] Still, that's a lot (whether cancer or no).

Glad for the chance to have met you in person.

Melanie

Jean
07-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Glad all is behind you.
Now enjoy the summer.

Hugs,
Jean

caya
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi Rina,

Glad you are A-OK, and that this is it for surgeries for you!!

all the best
caya

StephN
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
If it is the same special surgery my friend had - she has felt world's better and had no after effects. Wishing the same for you my friend.

G. Ann
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Rinaina,
Curious about reason for parathyroid surgery if you're OK to share. My recent parathyroid blood test was high (100). Just wondering...

rinaina
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks everyone. I feel much better then I did prior to surgery. The reason for having a parathyroidectomy was my calcium levels were sky high as was my pth levels. It was starting to affect my kidney function and causing osteopenia which was something I never had before. The only solution given to me was to remove the affected gland. Hospitalized over night as a precaution to watch calcium levels and then released. Other then a fever the next day, I felt fine, very minor discomfort in neck where incision was and some hoarseness due to surgery. Had a blood test for calcium and levels have returned to normal. Another blood test tomorrow but all should be okay. hope this helps answer your questions G. Ann. Felt pretty crummy prior to surgery but had a wedding to attend to so no time to wallow. Just pushed through it all.

Joan M
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Rina, Glad to hear the surgery is finally over and you've made a comeback. Best, Joan

Bill
07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Rina, I'm glad you feel better. You have been through a whirlwind of events lately. Now it's time to sit back and reflect, and take care of yourself. (Your daughter is beautiful, by the way. I wish her and her husband long full lives together. My advice to them- settle all arguments, disagreements, fights, before you go to bed at night. Otherwise, both man and wife sleep poorly, and the fight resumes the next day, and drags on. Each day should be a fresh start, with new opportunities and beginnings) Rina, this would be a great time for you to take a trip somewhere you've always wanted to go, at least for a few days, whenever you feel up to it. You've earned it. Send us pictures. Bill