PDA

View Full Version : How long can you be on Taxotere

sally
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone, I just had my 8th cycle of Herceptin/Taxotere every three weeks. Can you be on Taxotere long term? I will get my 9th treatment and then a PET scan and go from there. I'm still trying to get rid of a large mass that is smooshed between my intestines. My last scan showed more shrinkage and tumor markers are still going down. This treatment is getting a little bit worse as I go on but I am still tolerating it pretty well. Just wondering how long of a run you have had with Taxotere. I have been on Herceptin for 4 years with the exception of a small tykerb/xeloda break last summer. Thanks for any response. Sally

PinkGirl
07-11-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't have any answers Sally - giving this a bump for you.

doh2pa
07-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Sally,

I've been on taxanes two separate times and my onc always says only 6 -8 treatments. I believe he said that usually the side effects begin to outweigh the benefits at that point. Both times I was on I had 6 treatments each time.

Sheila
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Sally
Taxotere is one of the Taxanes...much like Taxol...I have been on Taxol for 10 months straight, then took a 2 month vacation and now back on it, every 2 weeks, just had my 4th treatment yesterday....it is doable....I liked Xeloda better, but it quit working...Avastin might be added to the mix...I had great success with Avastin Taxol and Herceptin....I may be going back on it if the Taxol doesn't start working better.

Pam P
07-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I was on taxotere & herceptin for 6 months. I had to get off it then because the side effects got too bad.

Currently I'm on taxol & avastin. I've been on it since May & so far it's going well. Taxol much more tolerable for me than the taxotere.