PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and Bloating

lisajones4
07-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a good summer. I haven't posted much, but come on the site daily to see how everyone is doing. Although i don't post, you are all such inspirations to me. I have a quick question.

I was diagnosed at age 36 with Stage IIIA, ER/PR-, HER2+++. I am more than 2 1/2 years out. For just about a week I have been extrememly nauseous and bloated. It has even woken me up in the middle of the night. I just had a clean brain MRI, had clean scans in April (clear Pap in February). I have not had a regular period since finishing herceptin. Could it be my hormones trying to kick back in? Should I be worried anthing else that could be causing this?

Any help would be great. I am nervous wreck.

Lisa

Jackie07
07-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I was nauseated often when I had my big brain tumor. Since your MRI was clear, it should not be brain related.
If it's been a week, I would go see a doctor.

Gerri
07-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these symptoms and they are causing you so much anxiety. Our bodies are amazing and try to alert us when something is just not quite right. Sometimes we just want to ignore what is going on, hoping it will go away, but we shouldn't. More times than not, we are worried for nothing. The best way to feel better is to get this checked out - the sooner, the better. If it were me I would call my gyno or onc and get an appointment right away. Be sure to give all of your symptoms - anything that is different lately, no matter how minor it may seem. Insist on a pelvic ultra-sound to rule out any problems female related.

Hopefully this is nothing, but the sooner you find out, the better. This way if it is nothing, you can breathe easier; if you need follow-up you are ahead of the game.

I wish you the best with all of this. Please keep us posted.

All my best,