PDA

View Full Version : This nurse "gets it"

sassy
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
This is the kind of nurse we all appreciate.

http://www.guidepostsmag.com/personal-change/positive-people-archive/?i=2318

Unregistered
06-28-2008, 07:59 PM
nice story, Bev

Mary Jo
06-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Sassy,

Thanks for sharing and reminding us that there are wonderful medical professionals out their.

I, too, had absolutely wonderful and caring nurses. I remember my first visit to my cancer surgeon. After going over "everything" with her she left the room and "Julie" came in. She came in with this beautiful, compassionate smile on her face...looked at us and said....."is it ok to hug you first?" Wow, did that help. My oncology nurse was awesome too. (also a Julie) I'd usually call her weekly while on chemo and she never failed to return my call (often times within the hour) and offer me encouraging, uplifting words. Everytime I hung up I felt better and knew I was doing well. Not only did she treat me with respect, compassion AND humor......she also did the same for my husband who was with me every step of the way.

These people are God's Angel's walking this earth, in my opinion, and worth WAY more than they are getting in their profession.

God Bless each and everyone of them,

Mary Jo

dhealey
06-29-2008, 04:44 AM
Awesome story. I have had very good nurses so far on my journey through cancer. Some people do "get it" Thanks for the story.