PDA

View Full Version : trial for breast cancer vaccine

dhealey
06-28-2008, 05:44 AM
Anyone on the boards ever participate in a trial for the breast cancer vaccine? Wake Forest Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem, NC is starting a trial for this, you have to be her2 positive and have finished treatment 6 months ago. I have contacted them and I am trying to get into this trial. Could use any feedback on anyone who has participated.

Janelle
06-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I have heard of this trial (I think it is a phase 3 trial the E75 vaccine). I also think you may get randomized to the non-vaccine arm. Just an FYI....

Julie2
06-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Dhealy,

Do you have any link to this trial? Is this Leukocyte Infusion Therapy (LIFT)trial?

Thanks,
Julie

dhealey
06-28-2008, 01:41 PM
Julie , I don't have any links to this trial. I found out about it through the doctor I work for and our local news did a story on it. I called the number they gave out and am awaiting a call back. I do meet the critira for the trial though. Apparently they are looking for 100 participants. You must be her2 positive, high risk, and finished treatment 6 months ago. I will post more as I get more info. Apparently they will give you 6 injections of the vaccine over a 18 month period.