PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep cool??

StephN
06-27-2008, 11:48 PM
NOT by eating spray cheese!

Me in the pool at our B & B in Austin, where it was 100 degrees and over.

Note the very fashionable Seattle pallor.

Bill
06-28-2008, 05:45 PM
If I have to be outside, working or playing, I throw on a do-rag and periodically throw a handful of water on it. Sometimes I'll just soak a bandana and drape it around my neck. Also, I'll take small zip-lock bags, fill them with ice cubes and keep them in my shirt pocket. That works pretty good for awhile.

harrie
06-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I just like to get a handful of water and make my hair ALL wet!
Yesterday, I went to yoga. I am currently getting over a scrapped knee from when I was being my normal klutzy self and tripped on the curb about 2 wks ago. I HAD a nice scab and I got so sweaty and hot doing yoga that my entire scab came off! Back to ground zero!

Colleens_Husband
06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
This is something Miles and Ma'ire, my two youngest children dreamed up. They take a pair of pants and a shirt, put it in the freezer for an hour, and put it on. It is hot enough here so that I am considering trying it myself.

loveher
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
haha i like miles and maire's idea. it hasnt been too hot here on the east cost, i generrally just stay away from the second floor turn the ac on and become a couch potatoe. so much for my summertime diet

Joe
07-02-2008, 08:08 AM
When I lived in New Jersey, we had an inground swimming pool. I used to mow the lawn in my bathing suit and dived in the pool when it got too hot.

Another way to get cool is to take a very hot shower.

Regards
Joe

harrie
07-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Joe.....
How does that work, a very hot shower?
Often times when i take a shower I think back on your thread and have been meaning to ask.
Maryanne

juanita
07-05-2008, 08:36 PM
i for one like the heat. don't even have air conditioning.

harrie
07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
I hate heat. Maybe I should switch places with Bill.

ElaineM
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't like the heat either. Try Hawaiian hot, humid summer everyone. Harrie and I know what that is all about. I use alot of fans and never go out without my hat, sunglasses and water. Alot of showers help. Some areas of Japan have very hot, humid summers too. Take a shower over there and you will need another one in 5 minutes. I like your ideas Bill and Joe.