penelope
06-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Who's taking it and why?

How much?

Whatcha got ladies?????

ElaineM
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi,
I have been taking maitake for years. My naturopath changes the dose from time to time depending on my condition. Medicinal mushrooms like maitake, shitake, reshii and turkey tail are supposed to be good for the immune system and anti tumor. I also cook with fresh or dried shitake and maitake when I can get them.

CLTann
06-26-2008, 06:37 PM
I am a true believer of mushrooms. My special type is Reishi or Lin-tze. I take about 1 gram black powdery extract everyday for the past 3 years. A friend of mine takes the same and has beaten down ovarian cancer, metastasized lung and liver cancers. We will never stop taking the mushroom powder.

Jean
06-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Count me in also, I take Reishi Shiitake Maitake mushroom extract every day for the past two yrs.
I also eat shiitake mushrooms at least once per wk.
I take 200mg. of each.

Eastern medicine is now addressing the benefits of these herbs. The Western world has been using them for thousands of years.

Maitake Mushroom may best be known for its cancer-fighting properties. It contains grifolan, an important Grifolan has been shown to activate a type of cell considerd the heavy artillery of the immune system.
The evidence confirming maitake's therapeutic value both in and out of the laboratory - is impressive. Laboratory studies have shown that maitake extract can block the growth of cancer tumors and boost the immune function of mice with cancer.

The three mushrooms offer healing properties and boost the immune system.

Jean