PDA

View Full Version : Could Use Your Prayers ...

Sheila
06-22-2008, 04:52 AM
I participated in our local Relay Friday night....a very emotional time, I was there with both my parents, my Mom, a who is 80 and a 21 year breast cancer survior, and my Dad who is 84 and a 23 year bladder cancer survivor. It was also the 1 year anniversary of my best friend Mary Jo's death from cancer....late Friday night my mother suffered a stroke. I was at the hospital with her most of yesterday, and will return today hoping to see improvement. She did have the good sense to take 4 baby aspirins when she began to have the numbness, and 4 more on her way to the hospital, which seems to have helped prevent more damage. For right now, her speech is only slightly slurred, and there is a problem with her right hand and leg...just asking for prayers, this woman is my rock....my best friend... my mother.
Thank You

Mary Jo
06-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Awww Sheila,

You've got my prayers. Asking God to continue to heal your mom and thanking Him for leading her to take those baby aspirin. I ask that God's Peace can hold you all and that soon your mom's health will be restored.

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you and your family. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Holding you close in prayer...................

Mary Jo

Carolyns
06-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi Sheila,

I am sending prayers your way for a complete recovery for your Mother.

Love, Hope, Peace,

Carolyn

LAURIE
06-22-2008, 05:32 AM
You got it!! Prayers are already there. I' m sure many people would consider you their rock!!! I love the picture.

lilyecuadorian
06-22-2008, 05:47 AM
sending prayers and blessing to you and you Mom !!

Barbara H.
06-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Hi Sheila,
You have my thoughts and prayers. This is not a nice way to end such a beautiful day. I have to give your mother credit for knowing what to do and for carrying it out.
Keep us updated,
Best wishes to you, your mom, and to your family.
Barbara

Yorkiegirl
06-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Sheila prayer's going out for your Mom.

rinaina
06-22-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Sheila,
You most certainly have my prayers for your mother. She is to be commended for her quick thinking and action in regards to taking the baby aspirins. Hoping that helped in minimizing the effects of the stroke. I can relate to your mom being your rock. I lost my rock in 2001 and miss her terribly every single day. Next time you write I hope to hear how well your mom is doing.
Rina

Becky
06-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh Sheila, I am so sorry that this happened to your dear mother. I will hold all of you close to my heart during this time.

Love and hugs,

Patb
06-22-2008, 09:20 AM
My prayers and healing thoughts headed your way.
Our mothers are so dear to us.
patb

dhealey
06-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Sheila, Sending prayers and hugs to both you and your mother! Lovely picture of you both.

Ceesun
06-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Sheila, Prayers coming your way. Ceesun

Julie2
06-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Shiela,

You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing her a full recovery.

Julie

lexigirl
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Sheila,

Your mom is in my prayers now. What a powerful picture of strength!! Beautiful ladies you are,

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

PinkGirl
06-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Sheila

I'm so sorry that this had happened. I am hoping for
a speedy recovery for your mom. Thanks for posting
the nice picture of the two of you. I will be thinking
of you and your mom.

StephN
06-22-2008, 12:03 PM
GREAT photo of you and your Mom. What a blessing that she was able to enjoy the day with you before her problem hit.

Was she a nurse too? Or have you instructed her well on what to do in case of suspected stroke? Anyway, it seemed to lessen the toll of the stroke. Your "rock" will be good as new in no time.

Prayers coming for you both.

IRENE FROM TAMPA
06-22-2008, 12:13 PM
So sorry to hear about your mom, but Sheila what strong survivors you have in both your parents.

Pray for everything to go well for her.

Bill
06-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi Sheila! I will be praying for your mom, too. Thanks for posting the great picture of you both! I hope you're doing well, sweetie. Love, Bill

GemmaG
06-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Dear Sheila,
Sending you my love and prayers. What a beautiful picture of you and your mom.

Hugs and Kisses,
Gemma

chrisy
06-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Sheila,
Definitely sending prayers for your mom, and for you and your dad. Consider love wrapped around you all during this scary time.

You certainly come from a family of survivors.
Much much love,
Chris

'lizbeth
06-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Sheila,

Wishing your mother a full and speedy recovery. I will add your and your mother in my prayers.

'lizbeth

kareneg
06-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Dear Sheila,

I am sending all my love to your mom for speedy recovery. And my prayers also all my love.

Karen

Liz J.
06-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Dear Sheila,

Sending many prayers and thoughts your way. Friday was the 5th anniversary of my Mom's passing. I know what you are saying. No person can take their place.
May God be with you and your family and hopefully we will hear good news from you soon.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Patty F
06-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Sheila
I am sending prayers your way for your moms speedy recovery.

sassy
06-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Donna
06-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Dear Sheila,

I am so inspired by your family trait of survivorship! My prayers and thoughts of love and light go out to you and your Mom!

Love, Donna

Jean
06-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Sheila,
Gee, I am so sorry to hear this news of your Mom.
Okay - you have it...open your arms....to catch all the huge good wishes, love, hugs, and prayers for your Mom.

Please take care of yourself also Sheila and get some rest.

Hugs,
Jean

Joan M
06-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Sheila,

I'm sorry to hear about your mom and I'm praying for her. She seems like one smart lady in taking those baby aspirins. Really kept her head, which I'm sure made a difference. God bless her!

Best, Joan

Pam P
06-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Super photo! Wishing your mom a great 100% recovery.

jones7676
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi Sheila,

The pic is beautiful. I wish all of you strength to get through these tough times. Sending you a cyberhug to help you get through this. You have a lot of friends here who care about you and your family. If you pool all our wishes and prayers together we are giving all of you a lot of support.

Sheila
06-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Thank you all for all your prayers, they are definately working....she is not out of the woods yet but I have seen slight improvement...she still cannot write her name, and has quite a bit of difficulty trying to get her right leg moving...she is using a walker and we are looking into a stroke rehab institute to get her therapy to retain what she has not lost, and improve what she has...I am thankful her speech seems OK....she is on a new medication, aggrenox, which is part blood thinner and part aspitin...gives her horendous headaches, but seems to keep the blood thin. Keep the prayers coming...they are working!!!

Dove
06-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Dear Sheila, you and your mother are in my prayers . I am new to the group and I hope to get to know you better.

Dove

LOPSIDED
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Sheila,

A Couple Of Years Ago My Father Had A Stroke And When I Found Him He Could Not Move Or Speak. After Just 6 Weeks In A Re-hab Hospital He Had Recovered Everything But Still Had A Little Slurring With His Words. It Is Amazing How One Can Improve In Just Weeks. I Hope Your Mother Gets Better Everyday.

Vi Schorpp
06-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I hope things are going better for your mother by now. I noticed my husband's slurring when he had suffered a stroke and we got him to the ER in time to administer the clot-busting drug. That helped so much. You, your mom and dad are all in my prayers. Take care.

vickie h
06-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Dearest Sheila,

Sending lots of prayers at this difficult time. Please know that we are all here for you and your mother and father and thst we love you very much. Vickie

Believe51
06-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Sheila, my prayer list just got a little longer. I did not respond right away since I had to go away after our 'race' but have been saying prayers ever since I read this. Ed & I send special love and prayers to you and yours, and remember we love you sooooo much!! We will always be here for you>>Believe51

RobinP
06-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Yes, sure will pray for your mom, Sheila. I have a feeling she'll be just fine. Keep your chin up.

atdec05
06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Dear Sheila,

I hope your mom continues to improve. What a beautiful picture of the two of you.

take care,
Anna