PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone - It's me Mary Jo stopping in.

Mary Jo
06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Hello my dear sweet her2 family..........

Well, I made it. Whoooo! I was a little scared and prayed and prayed and prayed all would go well. IT DID! A BLESSING.

Dr. Hijjawi did a fantastic job "creating" my new girls and it amazes me that you can look like this after having bilateral mastectomies. It's a miracle really. ANOTHER BLESSING.

As Maryann reminded me over and over again....it get's easier everyday and that is true. The day after the 9 1/2 hour procedure was rough (to say the least) but the next day I felt fabulous and was up and about. I walk the halls and can get in and out of bed and in and out of chairs all by myself. The doctors tell me every morning that I am "ahead of the curve and healing quicker than most women." ANOTHER BLESSING.

My husband has been my rock (well, next to God) and takes such wonderful care of me. ANOTHER BLESSING.

So, as you can see, so far so good. I am thankful and I am thankful to each one of you for your prayers and love. ANOTHER BLESSING.

I'm typing this from the hospital and now me and Mark are gonna go take a stroll in the hall (the first time in Mark's life he can walk faster than me) Tomorrow, God Willing, it's homeward bound for this girl.

Love you guys - you are all blessings to me.

Mary Jo

Believe51
06-20-2008, 08:52 AM
I am glad you checked in, I have been thinking of you tremendously lately. Sending love and wishes for a speedy recovery!! Oh, and by the way, PM me with your address 'cause I have a special treat for you girlfriend. Continued prayers>>Believe51

PS. You husband is not just a 'rock' he is an Angel too!! Thank him personally for me!

Becky
06-20-2008, 09:26 AM
I have been thinking of you too. Your healing is the result of the good care you take of yourself and a testament that your body knows what its supposed to do now!

So... what cup size did you get:)

Party on and keep moving !

Faith in Him
06-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Mary Jo,

I am so thankful that you are healing well and that you look fabulous, my dear. Praising God this morning for all your blessings. Glory, Glory, Glory...

Tonya

Gerri
06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Wonderful news Mary Jo!! Soon you will be out shopping for clothes for your NEW figure!!

Good for you for being 'ahead of the curve', just don't overdo!

Take care,

Sheila
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Marejo
I am so glad you are healing fast, feeling great...just take it easy and be spoiled for awhile...then go & shop for all those special clothes that didn't feel right before!!!
Sending prayers and love

MJo
06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I agree with Gerri. Soon you can put your new girls into some new clothes. I suggest Victoria's Secret.

PinkGirl
06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for checking in marejo. You sound so good!!! And things will be just get better when you get back
home and into your own bed. Onward and upward!!!!!

Yorkiegirl
06-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Mary Jo it's wonderful to hear from you. I'm glad that all has went well and you are on the fast track to healing.

harrie
06-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Whoa MaryJO! It is GREAT hearing from you!! I am not surprised at all that your drs told you how much ahead of most you are in your recovery in getting up and around!! You are in good shape to begin with and that gives you a significant advantage.
It gets nothing but better each and every day and someday you will look at the healed results and marvel at the work of art.
Take care. Remember, call me if you want to talk!
muchas alohas,
maryanne

Louise O'Brien
06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Mary Jo:
I thought of you all day Tuesday. I'm thrilled to hear how well you're doing. I'm living through it vicariously and will be calling on you for advice and moral support when my time comes in November.

Margerie
06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Congrats Marejo! I am so happy everything worked out so well. Maybe make a sign that says "DO NOT MAKE ME LAUGH!" Ouchy! I remember my friends would try to make me laugh, not realizing it hurts like heck for awhile.

I agree, it is a miracle and a blessing what they can do. I love DIEP surgeons!

Best to you and Mark!!

tricia keegan
06-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for checking in mary Jo and congrats on getting through the op so well. You sound great and I'm glad you're pleased so far with the results.
Enjoy your weekend back home and relax!

LAURIE
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Thx for checking in!! I am so glad your spirit sounds great. What a rockstar you are!!! God Bless

swimangel72
06-21-2008, 01:00 PM
You sound fantastic Mary Jo! Just don't overdo it - especially once you get home - be sure to keep drinking tons of water. And Mary Jo - YOU are a blessing to all of us here, thank you for sharing your journey with us!

lexigirl
06-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi MareJo,

Sogood to see you posting!! I am so happy that all went well and sure that you will be pleased with your results.

Gentle hugs and speedy healing sister.

Lexi

sassy
06-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Maryjo,

So glad to hear from you, and glad you are doing well. Don't overdo---but I'm sure you will continue to be a "star" patient.

You are leading the way for those of us who are considering DIEP. I'll be watching closely. Let us know how the tummy is doing as well as the girls!

harrie
06-21-2008, 11:43 PM
MJ, are you home now? If so, I bet it feels REALLY GOOD!! I remember one thing....food sure did taste GREAT when I was back at my sister's house out of the hospital!! For some reason food tasted horrible in the hospital. I think it was due to all the meds. Take care and keep up the good work on recovery.