PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know Dr. Slamon's phone #

vickie h
06-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know how to reach Dennis Slamon? I am looking for a second opinion in the LA area and I know he had a practice in Santa Monica because I was going to go see him a year ago, but cancelled. Or does anyone know an expert in Inflammatory BC in LA?
Thanks for your help, Vickie

harrie
06-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Vickie, I am sure if you PM Jean, she could get it for you. (I will email Jean and let her know of your request in case she does not come on the site right away.
Maryanne

harrie
06-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Vicki, you can try Dr. David Chan in Redondo Beach or Dr. James Waisman at Breastlink 310 539-2300 (Manhattan Beach area) If you call Dr. Waisman, let him know Maryanne from Hilo, HI recommeded him to you.

harrie
06-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Vicki, I think I just found the address. I consulted with Dr. Mark Pegram for a 2nd opinion and at the time they were in the same office.
UCLA Healthcare
2336 Santa Monica Blvd. Suite 301
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310 829-5471
(this is the no. I had for Dr. Pegram)

Jean
06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi Vicki,
I see our lil'l sis maryann has given you the contact address and number.

Here is another number for dr. Slamon
310 825-5193...

Give him a hug from me.
Jean

SoCalGal
06-20-2008, 09:30 AM
And also Philomena McAndrew at Tower Oncology. She takes all the tough cases. 310-888-8680. Hard to get in to see but she'll spend whatever time you need with you - never rushes.

Another good one is - John Glasby at UCLA.

BTW - Dr. Linea Chap in Santa Monica is popular now but I was not thrilled with her consult. She seemed more focused on selling me on the one clinical trial they were running (heat shock protein w/doxel) as opposed to what would be best for ME.

(Philomena is my onc)
Good luck!
Flori

vickie h
06-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Harrie, Jean and Flori,

Thank you for your insights and referrals. I have been unhappy with Premiere Oncology as of late (a very high turn-over amongst the nurses and schedulers) and felt rushed and stressed when I'm there. I love Linea but feel it's time to move on now that the Doxil is not working. My skin mets are spreading and now I have involvement in the neck, right hilar region and my left lung. Dr. Chap has not called me back for another treatment option in 2 weeks, but her new nurse just called yesterday and thought a second opinion was OK and then she would decide. I called Dr. Slamon and they were great.
Even though they are not seeing new patients, his secretary/scheduler is going to get me in as soon as possible.
I am so grateful for all the help you provided and I plan to call Flori's Onc as well.
I love you, dear sisters! Vickie

harrie
06-20-2008, 03:29 PM
We love you too!

Janelle
06-21-2008, 09:16 AM
I also consult with Dr. Slamon although my primary onc is Dr. Silvana Martino at The Angeles Clinic and Reseach Instutute (affiliated with St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica). I have never felt rushed by either her or Slamon. I love Dr. Martino...Her number is 310-582-7900. Dr. Martino's younger sister had Her2 positive breast cancer a few years ago at the age of 43. Dr. Martino seems very invested in my care...