With all its...broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world."

"...do not distress yourself with dark imaginings."
"...Keep peace in your soul."
"...be gentle with yourself."

Desiderata by Max Ehrmann

MAY YOU BE BLESSED...
Check this link out

One Million Blessings Experiment - Internet and Websites News from Send2Press Newswire May 2, 2006 (http://www.send2press.com/newswire/2006-05-0502-003.shtml)

You are all always in my prayers and thoughts...
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/anmls/animals-butterfly

GemmaG
06-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Hi Andrea,
You've just lifted up my spirit. So inspiring!
Life is still beautiful.

Lots of Hugs!

tricia keegan
06-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Andi, I just logged on and saw your words, this is one of my all time favourite songs.
Thanks for the reminder to live life!

R.B.
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks Andi,

Just sometimes when you least expect it things do work out OK.

RB

dhealey
06-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks Andi. Life is beautiful!!!!

KellyA
06-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Thank you Andi for your post- You always inspire me and lift me high..... :-)

Love, Kelly

PinkGirl
06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
That brings back a lot of memories for
me. Desiderata was the song for my highschool graduation.
Thanks Andi.

Here's a link to the song on UTube. I hadn't heard it for
many years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPzJWuG9RM

harrie
06-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Andi, thank you! It is so uplifting to see you posting with us once again.
Maryanne

RobinP
06-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Awesome, wow, did I need that little uplift today, Andrea. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I just loved the inspirational movie and your post. Blessings to you, friend.

Believe51
06-20-2008, 09:17 AM
.....we are just knowing you. Missing you terribly>>Believe51

Andrea Barnett Budin
06-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi all. Just wanted to share -- for the record -- I passed my every 6 mnth CT scans (chest/abd/pelv). I am stable. I had my Vitamin H (still sticking w/the program). In my 10th year of Herceptin.

And -- just had my annual mammo. All looks good.

Sigh. Jubilation. Praise be.

The May You Be Blessed link was given to me by my mammo tech. The receptionist was mean to me. My scrip was not to be found (though I'd checked before going, when confirming). Please sit down, Mrs. Budin. I'll take care of it. This mannequin of a woman wouldn't let me help. I had #s, suggestions, a need to know what was happening. She was incapable of eye contact or smiling. So when the tech finally came and got me and asked me how I was, I was a mess. I think I whimpered. She put her arms around me. I said, Thanks, I really needed a hug.

We became fast friends. And she wrote down the link for me to check out. I just had to share w/all you all, since you are always on my mind... With Love and heaps of positive energy,

Mary Jo
06-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Andi,

I'm so happy for you that your 6 month scans came back "fine!" What a blessing and what a relief for you. I know how frightening scans can be (and I rarely have them) so I can understand the jubilation you feel when we hear those wonderful words "you are normal!" (whatever normal is, right? Haha)

Anyway, just wanted to send a hug to you as you celebrate your wonderful news.

Thanking the Lord..................

Mary Jo

harrie
06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Can feel your joy Andi, thanks for sharing....!

Sheila
06-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Andi
So happy that you got the all clear on your 6months checkup...we are blessed...for knowing you....miss your posts..they are always uplifting, and I could use that right now!

Andrea Barnett Budin
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Dear Sheila,

That picture of strength of you with your Mom is so beautiful. Moving. Both she and your Dad are remarkable, which I don't have to tell you.

The presence of mind, midst what had to be among the scariest of moments, is something I will hold on to! When we move past fear, we connect with our sacred Souls, and are given wisdom and guidance. I have been blessed to learn this Teaching, yet it is important to have it reinforced often. So I thank you for that gift.

Of course, you have my prayers for your Mom to prevail, which she surely will. Her Spirit is aglow all the way down here in Boca. Bless you. Sending Light and Love to you and all you love,
Andi

jones7676
06-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks Andi for the uplifting post(s). I always look forward to reading what you have to say.

SoCalGal
07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Andi-
I missed this thread last week. Love your posts and you!

Andrea Barnett Budin
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Beside my computer, where I basically seem to live (especially lately as I work on my book) I keep these words. They are typed and sit on an easel. When I am distracted and disturbed by others that have pushed my buttons or simply by Life happening -- in ways that are not according to My Plan -- I read and reread these words.

MIDST ANGER AND STRIFE --
MY DECLARATION FOR PEACE:

I LIVE WITH AN OPEN HEART AND MIND --
IN ORDER TO BLOSSOM.
TO BLOSSOM, YOU MUST OPEN. AND UNFOLD.
I WISH MUCH FOR OTHERS AND FOR MYSELF,
KNOWING EXPANDED CONSCIOUSNESS
ENRICHES OUR LIVES IN REMARABLE WAYS.
I CONSCIOUSLY CHOOSE TO REMAIN
FULL OF UNCONDITIONAL PURE RADIANT LOVE.
TRANQUILITY AND COMPASSION
SEEM TO NATURALLY FOLLOW.
WHENEVER I LOOK AT ANOTHER SOUL,
I TRY TO FEEL OUR ONENESS.
I SEEK TO RECOGNIZE MYSELF IN THEM.
I STRIVE TO SPEAK FROM MY SPIRIT,
INSISTING THIS SACRED ENTITY TAKE CONTROL
OVER THE VOICE IN MY HEAD!!
I KNOW MY SPIRIT IS MY TRUEST SELF.
THAT IT IS THE MOST PRECIOUS PART OF WHO I AM.
I ALIGN MYSELF WITH MY SOUL
AND IDENTIFY MYSELF AS A SOUL --
TRANSFORMING MY WORLD.
AND TOUCHING EVERYONE I ENCOUNTER...

MY REASON FOR BEING,
ACCORDING TO MY CONTRACT WITH THE UNIVERSE,
IS TO SHARE LIFE-ALTERING LESSONS
WITH ALL OF HUMANITY.
TO BE HUMAN AND HUMANE -- AND FAR MORE.
TO BE PRESENT AND TO EMBRACE MY BEINGNESS,
WHICH IS FULL OF
THE DIVINE ENERGY OF MY SOURCE.

I AWAKE EACH DAY FULL OF GRATITUDE.
BEFORE MY EYES OPEN, I SAY ALOUD:
THANK FOR THE GIFT OF THIS DAY!
AND FOR THE AWAKENING TO SEE THAT I AM A SOUL,
WITH A MIND AND A BODY.
THAT I AM NOT THE THINKER IN MY HEAD
BUT RATHER
THE *AWARENESS* OF THAT PART OF ME.
THIS LIFTS ME UP, OUT OF BED,
OUT OF BEING *UNDEAD* -- INTO FEELING
MORE ALIVE THAN EVER BEFORE.
I AM GRATEFUL FOR ALL MY MANY BLESSINGS.
I SEE THE SUBLIME IN THE ORDINARY.
THE ENORMITY OF THE LITTLE THINGS.
THE BEAUTY AND LOVE THAT SURROUNDS US.
I FEEL THE UNENDING LOVE THAT ENVELOPS ME.
I AM NEVER ALONE.
MY SPIRIT LEADS ME.
WE ARE EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE, EVEN THOUGH WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY.
I FEEL RADIANT, JOYFUL, HARMONIOUS AND HEALTHY.
FOR THESE GIFTS I OFFER MY ETERNAL GRATITUDE.

I KNOW THAT ONE WAY TO STAY WELL IS TO FEED
POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND IMAGES
TO MY MIND, EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY.
WHAT WE THINK ALL DAY BECOMES OUR FATE.
AND IT DETERMINES HOW WE WILL FEEL.
MY MIND OVERHEARS EVERYTHING I THINK
AND WHISPER.

I MUST PASSIONATELY REFUSE TO GIVE POWER AWAY
TO ANY FEAR-RIDDLED THOUGHTS,
TO THE ANGER OF ANY PERSON
OR HARDSHIPS WITHIN UNWANTED CIRCUMSTANCES.
THE BRAVEST ARE THOSE WHO HAVE
THE CLEAREST VISION
OF WHAT IS BEFORE THEM...AND YET...
GO OUT TO MEET IT.
YOU MUST DO THE THING
YOU THINK YOU CANNOT DO.
YOU MUST CONTINUALLY REMIND YOURSELF
TO WELCOME THE RAIN,
THOUGH YOU SO LOVE THE SUN.
THE RAIN IS NECESSARY,
TO WASH AWAY THE GRIME AND ALL NEGATIVITY.

I CHOOSE TO HAVE IT REMIND ME OF MY POWERS
TO CALL MY DESIRED DESTINY TO ME.
I HUMBLY APPRECIATE THE AWESOME GIFTS OF
MY PERSONAL EMPOWERMENT
AND ETERNITY GRANTED ME.

WE ARE EACH ONE STEP AWAY
FROM BECOMING A MIRACLE.
EVERY THOUGHT IS LIKE A PRAYER.
EVERY PRAYER IS A POTENTIAL MIRACLE.
WHEN I CONSCIOUSY CONNECT WITH MY ESSENCE
WHICH IS AT MY VERY CORE --
I AM ONE WITH THE UNIVERSE.
AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE...

chrisy
07-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Well well well Andi...

How is it that you knew to post that message just in time for me to read it, and realize that it's dumb to be frustrated and upset by new "patient unfriendly" policies that mean I have to sit here in appointment time purgatory...

If I had not been sitting here in appointment time purgatory, I probably would not have seen this! It is really beautiful - as are you.

So nice to see your encouraging words.

love
Chris

StephN
07-01-2008, 05:09 PM
My appt wait was not THAT bad, but I had no laptop. Had to wait to get home to see another GEM from Andi. (Thanks "author in residence.")

Went for a bi-lateral ultrasound in preparation to pull my clotted port-a-cath and balloon my narrowed vena cava.

The tech assigned to me had to rush to emergency and U/S someone needing surgery right away. Not that I minded so much, but then I had to wait for another patient to MISS their appt so I could have their spot.

BTW - there was no trouble explaining the wait or possibly having to come back. The young woman at the desk was very professional about that.

Then I went to donate a short wig I never wore to the Cancer Society. At least the lady to take it was still there!

harrie
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow Andi, your declarations for peace is so well written. I can feel so much of the truth to what you are saying. I plan to print it out and save it in my special folder. Is the context of what you just wrote something you will be including in the book you are writing?
I loved your metaphor with the sun and the rain.
What you wrote is how I would very much want to live my life. Sometimes it is difficult, but the more aware I become, the easier it gets.
Aloha Andi....
Maryanne

Andrea Barnett Budin
07-02-2008, 10:30 AM
With my many thanks, Harrie, Chrisy, Steph, Flori, Pinkie, Marejo, Sheila, Jonesy, Robin, Marie, Deb?, Tricia, Gemma, RB, Kelly and all who have peeked at this.

I comes from my heart. I JUST EDITED AND CORRECTED MY WORDS, so if you are going to print it out, please do it with my patched up version.

Yes, this is the essence of who I am, and what my book is all about. Surely, I am not the first to awaken to these Enlightenments and Knowings, but I have wanted, needed to write this book (since I was a child). I now see it as a large part of THE PURPOSE OF MY BEING. I am working arduously (my passion, my joy, and my OY) to finally finish at least one (of 3 books) I have been working on for way over 5 yrs. FINALLY.

Sending loving energy and love to all. Hoping to inspire and touch others, that they may find laughter and serenity -- despite it all. My book is dedicated to my 5 grandchildren, who did not exist at my dx in '95. They are miracles to be sure. I wish to leave them my most precious possessions -- the Life Lessons I have stumbled upon in the darkness. But this book is for anyone facing any adversity in Life. We are each fighting our own battle. Though our struggles differ, our Oneness unites us without question. We are hear to share, to love and evolve...

harrie
07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Andi, when do you expect your book to be out? The focus of your writing is something I have been working very hard on, in particular this past year.
Harriecanarie

Andrea Barnett Budin
07-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello my little Hawaiian Canarie,

I have been working (first at my electric typewriter) and finally in Microsoft Word, seeing the silliness of not being able to delete, cut and paste, control find and such for (my daughters tell me) about five years.

Hence I have thousands of pages and files all over the place, not to mention stacks of notes -- made at night, in the car while Paul is driving, in the middle of a movie we are at -- to be incorporated. I believe there are about 3 books there. Maybe more.

I am now at the point of contacting an editor to help me sort things out. All are spiritually based. Which has evolved out of my bc experience and blessed my life. I can see that the Enlightenments I have been blessed to come to awaken to can help anyone facing almost any adversity.

So though I am working daily, I seem to be going in circles. The chapters keep on improving and I revisit them and revise ONCE AGAIN. That is the good news.

I believe an editor can also guide me in finding a literary agent, though I have picked one out in particular that I think will be especially receptive to my work. (It is where my Spirit is guiding me to go.) I just want what I submit (100 pages required, double spaced) to be exactly what I feel it should be. Despite the very real possibility of my efforts being torn to shreds. Perish the thought.

It is a process. A truly slow process. A joy, a passion, and the hardest thing I have ever done. Worse than giving birth; it clearly is a kind of giving life to something beloved.

Wish I could say by the Fall, Maryanne, but let me just say -- as soon as I possibly can get it to be accepted and put into print.

Thanks for your caring, Harrie. You are doing a great job evolving. You are open and listening. Letting your Soul take over (which is full of divine energy) overruling the voice in your head. Good job.

Love and Happy, Positive Energy to you,

Jackie07
07-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi, Andi,

My 85-year-old Mother has survived World War II, the speratation from her family due to communist taking over China, and several Typhoons (and floods) in Taiwan. After her triumph over nonhodgekins lymphoma in 1998, she started writing memoirs. She's self-published 3 books so far. So, go for it!