PDA

View Full Version : Pulling my head out of the sand to give a shout out.

Lori
06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow, has it been a long time since I have been to this site. As my title says, I have stuck my head in the sand when it comes to cancer, trying to ignore it and hoping that it will ignore me. I wanted to give all those diagnosed after me some encouragement with my story. I remember looking at how long people were NED to comfort me when I was scared out of my mind, not knowing how my life would turn out.
I am a 3.5 year cancer survivor and most people would not know that I ever had the battle of my life unless I tell them. I am no longer known as the teacher that wore the bandanas at school. Everything is going well (except for the extra 30 pounds). I was so happy to see my son complete kindergarten. That was always a big worry of mine that I would miss his first day of school. This summer I will complete my masters degree. I thank God daily for my health good fortune and I pray for us all.
It saddens me to learn that we have lost some amazing HER2 heros. I cannot tell you all how much encouragement those heros offered me when I was going through the worst of it. I believe we will be having some HER2 parties someday in heaven when we all meet.
At this point in my life I can say that cancer has made me a better, stronger, down to earth person. I am looking forward to the big 5 year anniversary!

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF US THAT ARE FIGHTING TO KICK HER2 IN THE BUTT!

God Bless,
Lori

Pam P
06-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Great to hear of your good health and happiness. Congrats on your masters degree. Wishing you continued NED scans!

basset girl
06-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Lori, congratulations!!! Your post has helped me so much. I was feeling a bit anxious this week, go to onc on Friday for results of bloodwork. Thank you for your encouragement and update.
Nancy

Mary Anne in TX
06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Lori, what wonderful news! You sound so happy and content and HEALTHY!!!!!! thanks for sharing, ma

Believe51
06-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Glad you took your head out of the sand to shout out, do not want you choking! Tehe! Glad things are going so well for you. An early congrats on that degree, Lori, another milestone for you to rejoice. Here is to the future. Prayers and Love.>>Believe51

dhealey
06-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Lori, Congrats! Wow, you have accomplished alot in 3.5 years! Way to go!

ElaineM
06-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Congratulations on your improved health and on your masters degree. Hugs to your son.