PDA

View Full Version : Tip Toe & Tex - revised schedule of mid-June

StephN
06-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Need to know the whereabouts of our group so the passport can rejoin Tippy.

We have some requests for changes like going to the Lance Armstrong summit, but I don't have the exact dates to put in. Thus the below is very fluid from mid-June on.

Let's get some specific input from those interested in a visit. Don't let our mascots fall off the map.

2. Feb 15 - from Marlys to LAURIE (Ohio - for her end of treatment party)

3. End Feb to 10 March - Laurie to JONES (Mich.)

4. Mid March to 25 Mar - Jones to LILY (N. Carolina) - might as well keep them through Easter

5. Early to Mid April - Lily to STEPHN (Washington) Steph to take them to San Diego on April 11 for conference & fun with Joe and Christine!

6. Mid April - early May - StephN to MADUBOIS, who will take them from San Diego to Long Island on April 16, then send to BHutch in time for Denver.

7. End April to May 8 - Madubois to BHUTCH (Texas) for May 2 Denver Days of Caring.

8. May 8 to late May - Bhutch to KCHERUB (Georgia)
Schedule was kept to this point.

9. End of May to mid June - Kcherub to SASSY (Virginia)
Sassy is late getting them, so things change from here.
Need to hear from Krista and Sassy on this.

10. End June to JULY 10 - Sassy sends to JOANNE S (Michigan) Hope Joanne has a fun 4th of July for them!
Sassy may have to get them to Sheila for the Lance conference. You all work it out, OK?

11. Mid to late July - Joanne S to PINK GIRL (Canada - and where the whirlwind journey all began - happy homecoming!)
Joanne has had her hands full with her recovery, so getting them a bit later may be better for her. Let us know, OK?

The next three visits will get rearranged as suits everyone.

12. End July to Aug 10 - Pink Girl sends to BELIEVE51 (Rhode Island) for a revisit

13. Mid August to late August - Believe51 sends to ANDI (Florida), also for revisit with Andi and her cute pups.

14. Beginning Sept to mid Sept - Andi sends to KATHY IN TOKYO. This should be a VERY interesting time for the travelers.
Kathy would like her brother to bring them, but we need specific dates. And if that will mean she needs to send them to Canada afterwards. How are those plans progressing, Kathy??

sassy
06-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I think Krista has sent them to me, but they have not arrived yet. Looking forward to their arrival!

I'll check with Sheila on Lance Armstrong and with Joanne about her visit.

kcherub
06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Hi! I am SOOOO sorry! I sent the box out before I went out of town--had to do it after hours and shove it in the outgoing box at my store! It was back at my house when we got back--not enough postage. Ugh. I am back to the PO tomorrow to resend--I will send it priority, as I goofed up. :(

Take care,

hutchibk
06-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Passport is already on it's way to Sassy in Virginia!

sassy
06-24-2008, 08:28 PM
I have received the passport---but still waiting for Tex and Tiptoe.

Krista, should I be worried that they haven't arrived?

Is anyone going to be at Lance Armstrong that can take Tiptoe and Tex along? Sheila will not be attending and we hoped someone else would. I could send them prior to going to Joann.

Let me know! If not, we'll get on schedule to Joann.

kcherub
06-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey, lady! I would think that they should arrived today, or tomorrow at the very latest! Please let me know when they arrive, so that I am not too worried about them!

Take care,

StephN
06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Depending on the carrier, but I would think the postal system is also affected, UPS announced delays due to the Mississippi and other flooded areas.

Hope that is all it is and the furry ones do not arrive too heat beat from their journey.

sassy
06-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Tiptoe, Tex and the Chicken arrived today safe and sound. I now have their passport to keep with them. Should I update the passport for the ones who had Tiptoe and Tex without it? (Not sure how in the world they managed to travel without their passports! Security must be getting lax.!)

They have spent the afternoon getting to know the people in the office. I plan to take them canoeing on the New River this weekend! Is the chicken afraid of water?

Krista, thanks for the Zinnia's! I love working in my flower gardens and will plant them post haste!

kcherub
06-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Sassy,

I am so glad you like them! I was pleased when I saw that you lived in VA, and that they would grow there! Did you like the little tag? I was going through my scrapbook stuff to do my pages in the book, and just found it! :)

Take care,

sassy
06-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Krista,

The tag and the ribbon are great.

Here's a link to where Tiptoe and Tex are now:

www.oak-hill.net (http://www.oak-hill.net)
http://oha.smugmug.com/gallery/4250752_Y9LDg#248822159_a4pFw
(me on spirit day/hat day in my "PINK" Tiara)

I live and work here. Or do I work and live
here?!

Kathy S in Tokyo
06-26-2008, 04:31 AM
My brother will leave from Ithaca, NY on Aug. 20 and arrive in Tokyo on the 21st.

Andrea Barnett Budin
07-02-2008, 03:46 PM
So -- Kathy's bro is leaving on August 20, which means Tiptoe and her gang need to arrive with plenty of slack time before then.

Therefore, skip me for late August (going to the beach anyway). Sounds like Marie needs to also be moved. And Pink will send the group to Kathy's bro in plenty of time that way.

Thinking out loud, kind of, here...

Re JOANNE. As far as I know she is still recuperating. Not ready to face the board yet. So unless you know something I don't, Joanne may need to pass for now. Much going on in her life and she is trying her darnedest to get her footing, last I heard.

Steph, you are the best GROUP LEADER ever!! Kudos to you, your organizational skills, your humor, your patience and sweet nature! Bravo!

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/anmls/animals-butterfly

Kathy S in Tokyo
07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
This sounds great. Tiptoe and her entourage can enjoy the annual fireworks with us from our rooftop and go to a hot spring resort with me, my children and my brother. We may even get to tour the huge Buddha statue in Kamakura. My brother could either take the group back with him in late August or I could send them via Japan Post to Canada. I think that they'd enjoy a tour of the neighborhood around the National Cancer Center here so the Japan Post option is best.

Now I have to dig around for my kid brother's real address (we communicate online so much and I've never had a chance to actually visit his house because we live so far away) . I know that they'd arrive if they were sent to him (Jesse Koennecke) at Cornell's Mann Library in Ithaca, NY but I'll get his home address and send it on.

LAURIE
07-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I am for sure going to the LIVESTRONG SUMMIT. would be glad to take them along. I am going to post in main board to find out who all is going. Maybe someone who has not hosted them is going.

sassy
07-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I have tried to get in touch with Joanne to see if she is up to having a visit, but I have not had a reply. I think Andi is right, she may need to reschedule when she is feeling better. I can send them to Pink, or to Laurie to go to the summit, or to someone else going to the summit. Anybody give me your thoughts.

Thanks!

PinkGirl
07-12-2008, 06:23 PM
If they don't end up going to the summit, you can send them to me. I can go through their "stuff" and keep some of it here before sending them to New York/Tokyo. Then they could come back to me, I'd put their "stuff" back in the steamer trunk and send them to either
Joanne, Marie or Andi .... just a thought.

I think they will be returning from Japan via the mail system - that's
why I was going to keep some of their belongings to try and lighten the
load.

Kathy S in Tokyo
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Good idea Pink.

Believe51
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I will be travelling from September 17 thru October 1. This will not allow me to enjoy our little visitors fully. Having them will be a full time job and may be better enjoyed if we push up my date. Sorry if this causes a problem. I just want to enjoy them to the max and read of their journeys and it may not be so feasible to do this close to the cruise>>Believe51

hutchibk
08-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Can we have Tex and Tiptoe back in the US, to me or Sheila no later than DEC 1, in time to take them to SABCS this year? It is imperative that they attend this year. I plan to get them some media coverage!

Sheila
08-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Brenda...that is a must...they have to "make the rounds" at SABCS.....