PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I'm PREGNANT

LAURIE
06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
The doctors office confirmed today what I already knew. I took 2 tests on Sat. that were positive. When the nurse practitioner heard my story today she got chills. I am only at 4 weeks. I will talk to my ONC next Tuesday. He wanted me to wait 2 years before trying. I knew in my heart I did not want to wait. I have talked to many of you about the struggle I have of even thinking of bringing a child into the world (with a stage IIIC diagnosis). Well we went for it anyways. Before being diagnosed with BC we had been trying to have a baby for 4 years. At one point I went on fertility and I still did not ovulate. Without help I only ovulated 1 or 2 times a year. When the whole BC came up we could not even preserve eggs because I just would not ovulate. Well after my first A/C I started my period. It continued until mid way through Taxol. It came back 2 months after Taxol. I have been regular ever since. No doctor has been able to explain it. It is normally just the opposite. Last week when I was waiting for my period, I didn't even think pregnancy, I thought that me not having a period meant that my BC was back. Crazy how our brains go right to the negative. So either this is going to be the best story ever or a sad one that I have to make a choice about. Obviously, my biggest fear is that I have a reoccurance during pregnancy. I choose to take the positive route and hang on tight. One thing I do know is that CHEMOTHERAPY has given me something that I never thought was possible. A pregnancy at 37 years old when they said it would not happen. Were celebrating today!!!!!

Believe51
06-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Chills!! I think it will be the best story ever!! Sending Love and Prayers Momma.>>Believe51

Margerie
06-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Congrats Laurie!! Best of luck during your pregnancy. What a nice miracle!!

Becca
06-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Babies are so wonderful--best wishes that all goes well. We'll all be following your progress and cheering you on!

WomanofSteel
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM
congratulations and best of luck. this is awesome news!

tricia keegan
06-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Laurie, it sounds like this was meant to be for you, many congratulations and I really hope all goes well for you.
This is not the type of post we've come used to here and it's a wonderful change!!
Good luck!

lilyecuadorian
06-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Laurie is a great reason to live longer ....congratulations ...

lexigirl
06-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Laurie,

Wow!! I am so happy reading your post!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Your sweet baby will have lots of anxious aunties and a few uncles awaiting his/her arrival!!

Huge Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

StephN
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
What a thrill for you and your family!

We here know that miracles CAN and DO happen as well as the sad stories. More miracles are needed to keep the scales balanced and this is pure gold.

Your positive attitude is uplifting and your eyes say you are up to this new challenge.

Sheila
06-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Laurie
I have a friend who was diagnosed in her late 20's...had a lumpectomy, then chemo, radiation, then 1 yr later, a new primary in the other breast...had a double mastectomy, and Taxol...had been off taxol 3 months and found out she was pregnant ...she was told to wait 2 years also....well her little miracle...Molly, is soon to be 3, and she is expecting her 2nd child...miracles do happen...for a reason...you are blessed with this gift...celebrate!!!!! We will have to have a baby shower for you!!!!!!

Bill
06-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Congratulations, Laurie! Celebrate and Rejoice!

Jean
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Laurie,
Such happy news, see good things do happen to good people. What a special blessing.

Big Hugs
jean

dhealey
06-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Laurie, Reading your post gave me chills. Something so wonderful and positive coming out of months of devestation and despair. God is certainly smiling down on you. Many blessings to you and your husband!!!!

Becky
06-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Dear Laurie

I am thrilled that you are bringing a new life into the world for you and your husband to love. Also for its 100s of Auntie's on this board to go through a much wanted and DESERVED pregnancy. Look forward - you will be helping us too as well. All through the months of pregnancy and all the birthdays too. This is so special for you and I hope you share all the milestones with your sisters. Your little one will sure have a ton of family to learn about now. It will sure be nice to give advice on how to help you relieve morning sickness versus chemo nausea!!!

Hugs and happiness

Mary Anne in TX
06-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Amazing, wonderful, fantastic!!!!

sassy
06-17-2008, 06:59 PM
What a wonderful gift! I am so happy for you--the joy you feel now will only continue to grow! We will celebrate with you all the way!

D.W.
06-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Laurie,

I am so happy for you! Please keep us up to date on "little one's" progress.

D.W.

Lori R
06-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Laurie,

Fantastic news. Welcoming a new child to your family is certainly a source of inspiration for many of us on the board.

I agree with Sheila. Let's have a baby shower!! Hmmm...How can I e-mail a piece of cake with pastel blue and pink frosting?

Celebrate and know that many of us are celebrating with you!! Lori

Faith in Him
06-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Laurie,

This truly is a blessing. We are all so excited for you.

Tonya

juanita
06-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!

DonnaD
06-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Laurie,
I am so happy for you and your husband. No chills just tears!

This is exactly what the forum needed some grand news. We celebrate with you.

I am signing up to be an Auntie, just tell me where the shower is.

My prayer - that God will continue to bless you all!
Donna

caya
06-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Congrats Laurie to you and your hubby. Amazing happy news... a bright spot for us all on this board.

all the best
caya

harrie
06-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Laurie!!!! My goodness I am so extremely super-dooper happy for you and your husband!!! Outstanding news! Isn't it just amazing the reward you received after chemo. Amazing. Well you can be sure we will all be following your pregnancy with you! Keep us posted!!
Maryanne

hermiracles
06-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Dear Laurie - congratulations sister! This is absolutely wonderful news

Yes - miracles do happen! I can testify to that! LOL! http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon12.gif

You enjoy every moment ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blessings
Hermiracles

basset girl
06-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Laurie, I am so happy for you!! What a wonderful blessing.

mts
06-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Very exciting news !!!!

I am thrilled for you !

Maria

Yorkiegirl
06-18-2008, 06:29 AM
WOW Laurie this is such WONDERFUL new's.

This is a miracle for sure.

Leslie's sister
06-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Wow Laurie. How exciting. You are going to have women all over the world following this pregnancy. When are you due? You are going to have to post very regular now, keeping us all up to speed on your pregnancy. Congratulations. I am so happy for you.

Lisa

Vi Schorpp
06-18-2008, 07:30 AM
What a wonderful post to read this morning. Good luck and good wishes with your pregnancy. I never felt so alive as when I was pregnant.

vickie h
06-18-2008, 07:53 AM
Laurie, You are now a sweet Mama awaiting your little miracle. What great news to wake up to.There can't be anything better than holding your child and looking into his or her eyes. Today's going to be so special because of you. Love and Congratulations, Vickie

NanaKaren
06-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Laurie,
Congratulations!! Babies are a blessing. Is there such a thing as a cyber shower? Please keep us posted on him/her progress. All my best, Nana Karen alias Karen

Marlys
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM
How wonderful!! Don't you know that all of us are going to consider him/her our baby!! Please don't be selfish. I am so excited for you. You also must know that we will all be praying for you to do well and experience all the joys of pregnancy(hopefully not morning sickness, you already know what that's like) and motherhood.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Gina
06-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi Laurie,

CONGRATS!!! Your story is truly amazing, and it made me think of some research I was doing years ago on how a lot of female infertility was caused by undiagnosed bacterial infections in the womb and surrounding "plumbing". If you did have one of these low-lying bacterial infections, the chemo, especially the Adriamycin, may have treated it as Adriamycin is basically a very strong anti-biotic. I would definitely think positive and just GO for it. I notice you are like me--her-2, 3+ and ER- PR- so the high levels of estrogen during the pregnancy should not be a problem for you, and in my research, I have found estrogen and phytoestrogens for ER-/PR- her-2 gals to be a good thing--although many disagree--but my son is great and I still have my periods...all these years later -original dx 1997, herceptin only since 1999...

Best of luck,
Gina
gpopp@Comcast.net

Donna
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh Laurie, This news makes me bounce up and down with joy! How lovely to have such news in this group - new, wonderful, hopeful LIFE! Yay!

Best Wishes!

Donna

Jackie07
06-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Congratulations! What a great story! I always say we love good stories. This is one of the top ones. So happy for you.

Unregistered
06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
CONGRATS TO BOTH YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND!!! I know how much you wanted this. I pray that you have a great pregnancy and wonderful baby!!!

Jules, (julie from tues. chemo to you!)

Patb
06-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Congratulations! Such good news. Keep us posted and
wishing you the best ever.
patb

KathyH
06-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Best wishes! I was diagnosed with stage 3c in July 05 and am still NED!!

Blessings, Kathy H

Joan M
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Laurie,

Congratulations! It's really wonderful. Life is truly amazing.

Best, Joan

goops
06-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Congratulations and best of luck to and you family.

ElaineM
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Congratulations !! What a wonderful blessing !!!
Your news is very exciting.

MJo
06-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Congratulations from me, too. Get lots of sleep now, while you can!

Terri B
06-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Laurie,

Congrats! This will certainly be exciting to follow on this board! Please keep us updated!

janieR
06-19-2008, 12:01 PM
I am so HAPPY for you. Miracles do happen.

Janie

Unregistered
06-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Laurie,

I visit the board so seldom these day so I found this post such a nice welcome. I hope all goes well (and I'm sure it will). Very best,

Grace

lizm100
06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Laurie-
this is wonderful news! This pregnancy is a blessing! You must be feeling excited and nervous at the same time. My baby was only 8 months old when I was diagnosed which means that I must have had BC throughout my pregnancy. You are hormonally negative which is actually good. Remember hormones rage during pregnancy but from my understanding if your hormonally negative it doesn't matter. Ask your doctors about this.... You have been so focused on BC & recurrence(I recall reading one of your previous posts) that this will force you to focus on the little life growing inside you. Be thankfull and now is the time to refocus on new life rather than BC. I wish you the very best.
(((Hugs)))
Liz

kcherub
06-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Laurie,

CONGRATS!!!! I hope to be in your place late next year! Big hugs for a healthy, happy, fun pregnancy!

Take care,

IRENE FROM TAMPA
06-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I choose the BEST STORY EVER.

This is a wonderful new chapter for you enjoy every minute of this journey.

Everything will be just fine

RobinP
06-22-2008, 02:10 PM
A new life is certainly something to celebrate about. I just know you will enjoy this time of pregnancy and new hope. Blessings and love to you.