PDA

View Full Version : It's completed......

~Bellydancer~
06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
As of June 13th, I am officially completed with Chemo and Radiation ......and who says that Friday the 13th is a bad day??????
I finished the 28th round of rad on that day and then met with my ONC. He stated that I am NED, apparently I have been for awhile but no one mentioned it. I am off Herceptin for ever. I only had 4 rounds and according to the Standard of Care in Canada, once you hold for 2 tx's you are off for good. I have developed heart issuses. My MUGA score has fallen 20%. I see the Cadiologist on June 24th to see what he thinks.
I feel sort of weird, waiting for the next shoe to drop, anti-climaxic so to speak. I guess this is normal. (?)
Any who onward and upward!!!!
I am going to enjoy the summer with my kids and see what the future brings. I am not thinking about going back to work for awhile. I still need time to recoup.

Hugs and kisses to all

KellyA
06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Dear Michelle,

Congratulations on your big day! I remember being so excited myself and at the same time very very scared. It was definitely a time I wanted to get past, yet at the same time I was very anxious and in a way felt like a "sitting duck". But time will fly, you will feel more and more like yourself with each passing day, and before you know it will be celebrating anniversaries!

Love, Kelly

DonnaD
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Michelle,
Congrats on being finished!

It is very normal to feel "weird, waiting for the next shoe to drop, anti climaxic". Your life has revolved around treatment, especially with radiation being daily for many, many weeks. Then boom it is all over. Does it help to know many of us have felt the same way? Enjoy your freedom!

Sorry you are dealing with heart issues. I am hoping things will get better with time.

Good luck and enjoy the summer with your kids.

Donna

CindyE
06-15-2008, 02:55 PM
So glad to hear more good news on this board. It's always wonderful when treatment is completed and there is no more disease. Enjoy the summer and take care,
Cindy

NanaKaren
06-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Michelle,
I remember when I finished treatment I felt sort of in limbo. I had been having weekly treatments for over a year. The treatments nurses were always a source of comfort and you knew you were actively making yourself better and when it all goes away so does your security blanket so to speak. Enjoy your summer with your children and recoup. If you have questions or fears, you can always come to this site and there will always be someone to comfort you. All my best, NanaKaren

Paty
06-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Congratulations Michelle and enjoy your summer in beautiful Canada!!

Paty

BethC
06-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Michelle,
Congratulations! Please keep us up to date - we don't want to lose touch! Best of luck!

Love,
Beth

harrie
06-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Michelle, congratulations on a job well done!! Enjoy your summer with a clear mind knowing you made the best decisions and went 110% to your goal!!
*peace*
Maryanne

Joan M
06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Michelle,

"Lucky" you that you're finished with the treatment. Your muga score should come back up soon. Enjoy the summer with your kids.

Joan

juanita
06-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Congratulations! It might take a while for all side effects to go completely away but you're done. I'm glad for you.

Bill
06-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Congratulations, Michelle! You go have a great summer and tell Pinkie I said Hi next time you see her. She knows everyone up there. Best wishes, Bill

Mary Jo
06-16-2008, 04:07 AM
Hi Michelle,

How happy you must be? The feeling of being "finished" feels so good. Just knowing you "made it" through it all gives a person much to be thankful for.

The "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling is normal. Unfortunately, very normal. We all kind of feel like..........." well it happened to me once, why wouldn't it happen to me again......" unfortunately, that thinking is normal too as we leave treatment behind us.

I'll never forget while I was going through treatment that my onc. told me that going through treatment was the easy part and leaving treatment behind and learning to live with a cancer diagnosis was the hard part. Of course I thought she was nuts when she told me that (I was in the middle of treatment) but she was right (she was a cancer survivor also - so she "got it").

As Kelly said "soon you'll be counting anniversaries" and yes, you will learn to live with this diagnosis. As you are planning on doing................enjoy your summer with your kids!!!!!!!!!!!! It's your "NOW" time. Wake up each day with a thankful heart and live each day to the fullest. Make each moment count - love others and live, live, live.............................................. .....

Love to you and I'm so happy for you,

Mary Jo

dhealey
06-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Congrats Michelle! Enjoy your summer, your kids and living life!!!!