PDA

View Full Version : SAD NEWS - Lolly has earned her wings

StephN
06-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Dear Group -
Had a call this afternoon from Lolly's husband (the great looking guy she is hugging in her pic that shows with her posts). I am still in shock.

At 4:56 am Pacific time this morning, Lolly went to join her other HER2 sisters who she helped and comforted so much over the past years. Family and hubby by her side.

Hubby reported that she did complete the radiation, but the mets were too active to have much effect. The skin mets went deep and her breathing was affected. Earlier in May she went to the hospital rather suddenly feeling bad. She was stabilized and sent home on May 21 with oxygen and a morphine drip. Even though she could move around a little she was feeling too weak to get on the computer.

There was no hospice sent in as her amazing husband learned what to do for her and took off work to take care of his dear Lolly. How much love does this show??!!

"Her last days were exactly how she wanted them," I was told.

Her obituary will run in the Corvallis Gazette Times in a couple of days.

Lovely Lolly, we miss you, but you are doing other important work now.

chrisy
06-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh my gosh. I am completely shocked, and saddened. Lolly has been a huge inspiration to me and to so many others. I will miss her so much.

Julie2
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
It is so shocking! She is the sweetest person I know, I can't believe what I just read and it is very disappointing.
I was hoping that she would be back on the board actively after the radiation. My heartfelt condolences to her husband and the family.

Julie

nitewind
06-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I am so deeply sorry to hear this. She will be missed greatly. What a wonderful man she had in her husband, everyone should be so blessed. We've lost so many of our wonderful sisters lately, my heart goes out to all of their familes.

WomanofSteel
06-10-2008, 05:21 PM
So very, very sorry to hear about Lolly. My condolences to her family and friends.

Patb
06-10-2008, 05:34 PM
I just went Oh, No!! I had just read her last post I
guess about hurting her back. I will miss her kind
words and my heart goes out to her family.
God Bless.
patb

Joan M
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Steph,

This really saddens me. Lolly will truly be missed. Her posts have been a source of inspiration.

My prayers go out to her family.

Joan

goops
06-10-2008, 05:42 PM
This is so sad, my prayers are with her family and friends.

Barbara H.
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I am in complete shock. I didn't realize she was this sick. Her posts were uplifting and gave me hope when I first joined this group four years ago. I send my sincere condolences to her family. I am so sad that another member has earned her wings.
Barbara H.

kareneg
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I am so heartbroken. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

caya
06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
I am also in shock, I also did not realize how ill Lolly was. She was a great inspiration to me and I am sure many others here on the Her2 site.

She will be greatly missed, my prayers go out to her family.

all the best
caya

Yorkiegirl
06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh NOOOOO, I sit here crying over her loss. I am shocked as well.

Please let her family know they are in my prayers during this difficult time.

I always loved reading her post's, they were so full of information.

Donna
06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
I am so saddened by losing Lolly! My prayers are with her amazing husband and family. How lucky she was to have such love in her life. She was always, unfailingly a beacon of positive sunshine in her posts.

That's it - NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE! We have enough amazing angels helping us now - that's it! I mean it, don't anyone else leave - EVER!

I am in shock, this is just too many....too much.

Love to you all - love to our angels!

Donna

tammymarie1971
06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!My heart totally sank when I logged on and saw Steph's post!!! CRAP!!!!!
WE NEED A CURE!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Jo
06-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I was so saddened to log on and see this news.

May God comfort and give Peace to all of Lolly's friends and family and also to us, Lolly's her2 family.

Peace and love......

Mary Jo

Becky
06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
No, no, no - I can't take this blow.

Bill
06-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I am just stunned, and crying. I, like others, had no idea Lolly was so ill. My prayers will go out to her and her wonderful husband and family. Lolly was such a sweetheart. She will be missed.

DonnaD
06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I am in shock, deeply saddened, and my heart is breaking. This sick feeling in my stomach will not go away.

Donna

Gerri
06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm numb. This is too much.

Lolly, we will miss you.

Mary Anne in TX
06-10-2008, 07:15 PM
We miss you so much, sweet Lolly. Thank you lord for giving her such a wonderful husband and family. Heaven's gain is such a tremendous loss to us. Her sweet love and inspiration and knowledge will be so missed. It won't be the same without her input and "smiles". ma

Linda
06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I am sad to lose our sister in Oregon. My thoughts and love to Lolly's husband and family.
Linda in Oregon

Mgarr
06-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I sit here stunned, I will miss Lolly and pray for peace for her husband & family.

Mary

Sheila
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
This is so devastating...Lolly was the first to embrace me when I came on the board 5 years ago....we forever sent pm's concerning our node battles....we would always compare...I am heartsick at this news. My sympathy to her dear husband and family

RobinP
06-10-2008, 08:18 PM
NO, I can hardly deal with this as Lolly was such an inspiration, kind spirit, fighter and loyal friend on her2. This is not what I wanted to hear tonight, sad news. I pray this her2 angel is at perfect peace, surrounded by heavenly love.

hutchibk
06-10-2008, 08:30 PM
I've clicked on this 2-3 times and I am just speechless. This is so agonizing. Shine on, our dear Lolly.

Faith in Him
06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Very, very sad. She was so kind to me. I am at a loss for words. Sending love to Lolly's family.

LAURIE
06-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Tonight I am very saddened. To Lolly's family; please know she will be dearly missed. May her spirit and strength live in all of us here. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you Lolly for 4=ever being an inspiration in my life.

chrisy
06-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Brenda, I'm speechless too.
I remember when the Her2support site was down some folks "hung out" on the breastcancer.org site so we could keep in contact. Lolly registered as "lollyanna".

I thought of her in that way - not in the pollyanna context of someone who was blissfully unaware of the realities she, we, face. Lolly was very much aware and determined to fight with everything she had. While always giving encouragement and helping us see the possibilities rather than the defeats.

I will always think of her that way, and of the picture of her on the water looking back over her shoulder as if it were the happiest day of her life.

We will all miss her dearly, and through my tears I'm praying for comfort for her family and loved ones.

Chris

sherri
06-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm shocked and can't beleive this. This is the saddest news. I can never forget her kind and innocent face. She will be missed for anyone who had a chance to know her.

ElaineM
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Hi,
I am very, very sorry to hear about Lolly. My sympathy to her family and friends.

StephN
06-10-2008, 11:30 PM
...there had been a gentler way to let you all know about Lolly. Sorry. She meant so much to the success of this web site in its infant days. And was such a beacon of hope here.

When I found this site over 5 years ago (I am losing track!) Lolly greeted me with open arms. We meet here when she came to the University of Washington to participate in the vaccine trial. I first met her in person the day after my Gamma Knife procedure.

She was so upbeat and happy to try the vaccine.

One thing that helps explain her compassion and helpful nature is that she told me her grandfather was a doctor. She seemed to know a lot about how bodies work and not be afraid to find out more to understand as much as possible about her/our kind of cancer.

She lived with much grace and I know she did not want to hurt us with her dire situation.

sarah
06-10-2008, 11:37 PM
I am so sad to hear this news. My deepest sympathy to her family.
She was an amazing woman and so helpful and inspirational to us all.
a very sad day
sarah

SoCalGal
06-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I echo the sadness and shock that has been expressed. I feel angry - we need a cure for this stupid disease. I am totally stunned. I had no idea she was so ill. Oh God.

Jade
06-10-2008, 11:48 PM
I am so shocked and sad. Just didn't think we'd be saying goodbye to Lolly, didn't see that one coming.... Omigosh. Lolly, our angel. Love and strength to her wonderful husband and family and to all of us....love to you Lolly, thank you for your many kind words to so many of us....may you find peace and kick a** in heaven!!
Love, Jade
xo

Joanne S
06-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Cancer just isn't fair.
Oh my, so sad - we will miss you sister Lolly http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_24.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS)

[/URL] [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12_3_49.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788MNUS) To Lolly's family,

May it be of some comfort to you that she is not hurting anymore and that she is at peace. May the memories you shared together provide you with solace and remain in your hearts forever.

With heartfelt sympathy,
Joanne S

Unregistered
06-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Hello all. This is her son Bo. It's so hard to write this as she just passed this morning but upon clicking her shortcut and seeing just exactly how active she really was on this forum, how many supporters she had, and finding out just how much this forum and all the people on it meant to her I just want to thank you all for everything you've done to help her.

Her activity on this site I always considered somewhat of a private thing so I never asked for many details about the things she discussed with others. It made me feel good enough just come home and find her time and time again on the computer just a tapping away. Running off to the bedroom with a smile "I'm going to go post to my HER2 sisters!", she just enjoyed it so much. When she started to get weak, I asked her if she wanted me to post anything to her sisters here but she said she rather would wait until she had more energy. Knowing her, I imagine she just didn't want to alarm anyone.

During this time, my father pretty much abandoned his office and continued to work from home. He kept her fed with whatever she wanted, kept her hydrated, maintained her oxygen pump, her morphine drip and her bandaging. When he wasn't doing any of these things they were in the living room talking and reliving old times. My sister and I chipped in when needed and I kept up the kisses on her forehead. Those were her favorite.

I'm still uneasy about going through and reading her posts, but the few I have read talk about how much of a presence she was on this site, how much support she has given to others, how brave she was, how strong... Regardless of the Kleenex it calls for it's nothing new to me. The ladies at the cancer center all claim that she was the exact same way while getting her treatments. Here she is in the same situation as all the others that had to be there, yet always trying to help any patient she could with support, a good sturdy shoulder and whatever information she could provide in attempts to ease their worries. It was said that the employees who also provided support always felt better themselves when mom left.

Growing up with a mother like that you just never think this day is going to come. It did, but I'm OK for I have a lifetime of memories, lessons and smiles from a mother that, even into her last day, would always crack the biggest grin every time she would look up and focus on my eyes. Towards the end I was able to share great words with truly one of the greatest persons you could ever hope to have as a mother and friend.

Again, I thank you all for the support. She certainly had a willpower beyond imagination but the friends she made here helped to greatly lessen the load she seemingly never had any fear of carrying.

Here is a photo that was taken by my father while at the very campsite she used to visit with her family as a child. Sly Park in California. May she get the rest she deserves.

http://a235.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/86/l_de01f98328a5bd30dc483156e577f3a2.jpg

hermiracles
06-11-2008, 03:19 AM
OMG. Dear sweet Lolly. This is so heartbreaking.
Bo - what a wonderful heartfelt tribute to your mum and Dad. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Your mum was dearly loved.

Sweet Lolly ~ rest in peace sister.
Hermiracles.

GemmaG
06-11-2008, 03:20 AM
My thoughts and love to the family.

Pam P
06-11-2008, 04:45 AM
I can only echo what everyone else has said. Lolly always had uplifting and supportive words for all. A lovely and grace-filled person. Bo and family, I am so sorry for your loss of this great woman. You and your mom look so happy in the photo you shared, thank you for including it.

Christine
06-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Joe and I are shocked as well. Lolly was one of our original members and we will miss her dearly.

Our condolences to her husband Frank and to the rest of her family. Her presence on this website will sorely be missed.

Hugs
Christine

Brenda_D
06-11-2008, 05:30 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that we've lost Lolly.
My thoughts are with her family and friends.

schoolteacher
06-11-2008, 05:41 AM
I am truly sadden to find out about Lolly. My prayers are with her husband and the rest of her family.

Amelia

basset girl
06-11-2008, 06:02 AM
I am so shocked. May God's peace surround Lolly's family and friends.

lilyecuadorian
06-11-2008, 06:09 AM
no words only heartbroken...hate this #$%$ disease

Jean
06-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Not another dear sister....
Dear sweet Lolly will be missed by all.
There are no words to describe my feelings.

To Bo,
Thank you for posting and sharing the loving care you and your family gave to your wonderful Mother. She was and will remain a special leader on our site.
She was such a comfort to all, always sharing information, using the site
for the intention it was designed...Your mother was always supportive, reassuring, a major contributor to our site. She demonstrated how to cope with this disease and come through this ordeal always ready to to get on with life, love and famiy. From your post it is clear she taught you well, as you read through your dear Mother's posts you will discover how much she was respected and loved. Please know your Mother's posts made everyone a little bit stronger!

With Love,
Jean

mts
06-11-2008, 06:35 AM
This is very sad news... I'm glad she was surrounded by her loving family.

Lolly never failed to be there for us. I am sad that we were not more aware of her situtation, but respect her choice...

She will be missed

Maria

Catherine
06-11-2008, 06:48 AM
Oh, my, this is too sad. I kept thinking her back would get better and she would be back on the site. We will all miss her so much. My love and support go out to her dear family. Thank you Steph for letting us know. And thank you Bo, for sharing the wonderful thoughts of your wonderful mother and father. Lolly was so full of wisdom and inspiration. She and I had a little Oregon bond and had planned to meet in Salem to take Tiptoe to lunch. Then our schedules got busy, so we let Tiptoe bypass Oregon. I regret that we did not try and reschedule. As Bo wrote, our dear Lolly can now rest.

Hugs to all, Catherine in Oregon

Ceesun
06-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Oh No, not again. Lolly will be deeply missed. Ceesun

kimber
06-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Much too sad to say anything now. . . . . .

She will be missed terribly.

Love to you Lolly. Be free

kim

Vi Schorpp
06-11-2008, 08:18 AM
for Lolly's family, and our family too. Lolly was so very selfless and giving, offering all she could to this board. I am stunned, and will miss her posts. May you find peace in the promise of everlasting life.

Colleens_Husband
06-11-2008, 08:49 AM
I send prayers out to Lolly and her family. She obviously meant a lot to the Her2 community and she will be missed.

Lee

R.B.
06-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I am so sorry.

I will miss Lolly's cheerful positive helpful and sympathetic posts. I was always felt positive when I saw one of her posts and looked forward to reading it.

RB

Joy
06-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh my God, I cannot believe it. I had no awareness that anything like this was happening. I CANNOT believe it. Thank you for the post Steph and I'm glad her husband called you. To her family I send so very much love and hope they know what Lolly means to all of us. I love you Lolly!

Believe51
06-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I too read this post over and over before I could respond, completely devastating news to hear. I want to first thank Steph for informing of this news, especially because there is no gentle way to share such a thing. And Bo, your post made me cry as I read it, knowing how tough that was to do....I salute you.

Her support to us all reined supreme and her sweet demeanor helped to make my husband's journey easier to swallow. She was truely an amazing Warrior and we are surely blessed to have had the chance to love and support her.

I will keep you all in prayer all we delve forward into the future without these Angels by our sides. They have earned their wings and halos.

Lolly, I already miss hearing you and seeing your smiles. You will never be forgotten!>>Believe51 & Mighty Oak

kcherub
06-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I just am in shock. I knew she was having some issues, but was not prepared for this sad news. I guess we never are...

My prayers and love go out to her family, and to all of us here who have lost another of our wonderful friends.

Take care,

Marlys
06-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I, too, will miss Lolly's contributions to this site. Bo and family please know she was loved by many here. My heart feels like it will break.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Ruth
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
I am just in shock....this is something I just can't conceive. I don't even know what to write. Oh Lolly....

Vic
06-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I am so saddened to hear about Lolly, as she was a constant source of strength and support on this site. Her observations were so real and tender at the same time.

Condolences to her family and friends. Yes, Steph, Lolly has earned her wings. She will be missed.

XO,

Vicki

pattyz
06-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Dear Bo,

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing these precious private memories with us...

May all memories of your mom give you comfort, now and always...

With deepest condolences and heartfelt sorrow,
pattyz

caya
06-11-2008, 11:57 AM
for posting your personal insights about your dear mother for us.

She will truly be missed.

all the best
caya

janieR
06-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I am so very sad and devestated for lolly's family.

They are all in my thoughts. It is not fair!

Janie

PinkGirl
06-11-2008, 12:10 PM
I am adding my sadness
as well. This is so awful.
Sorry for Lolly and for all of us.

Cathya
06-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I am so shocked and deeply saddened to hear this news. Lolly was online when I first came to the her2support site was someone I admired. As we both had supraclavicular node tumors I specifically watched for her comments and not only learned alot but received great comfort from her. I looked to her positive attitude as an indication that things were under control. Another brave angel taken too early. My sincere sympathies to her husband and family. I will miss her.

Cathy

Carolyns
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
My heart breaks. Please add me to the LONG list of people comforted by Lolly. This is such a huge loss. May God bless her family.

No words can express...

Love, Carolyn

bonnie
06-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I am saddened by Lolly's loss. On June 28 and 29 I will be walking the the Rocky Mountains Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I will remember her and walk in her memory.

Bonnie

Becca
06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Much sadness at this news. May her family and friends be comforted by thoughts of what a great and wonderful lady Lolly was.

Paty
06-11-2008, 03:38 PM
My prayers for the family of Lolly, she will deeply missed. I just can't believe this.

NanaKaren
06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I too, as with everyone else am stunned to hear of Lolly. Her last post gave no indication as to how really ill she was. My heart is breaking at losing another sister. I loved that smiling picture of her and is how I will always remember her. NanaKaren

Bill
06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Bo, thank you for your post. I'm fairly new to this site, and didn't "know" your mom very well, but she did reach out to me during very difficult times, and I will always be grateful to her for that. She was an amazing woman, and just from reading your one post, I can tell that you are an awesome young man. You are full of your mother's spirit and a walking, living tribute to her. Live your life well in her name and continue to fight the good fight. Peace to you and your family, Bill

dhealey
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
I am at a loss for words over this news. This disease knows no boundaries! My prayers go out to sweet Lolly's family.

juanita
06-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Add my prayers to all of the many so far!

TriciaK
06-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Thank you, Stephanie, for sharing this sad news with us. Lolly has been such an inspiration to me from the first time I posted on this site, as I know she has to all of us. She was one very special lady and a true Warrior. She will be so sorely missed here. I can't even imagine what her wonderful family is going through.
Bo, your letter was amazing and touched us all so deeply. Thank you! We all loved your mother, and appreciated how she shared herself with us here on this website. I know you have wonderful memories and I pray they will bring blessings and comfort to all your family. TriciaK

Chelee
06-11-2008, 07:11 PM
This is such awful news its almost unbearable. Lolly was such a special person that no words seem adequate. I'm at a loss for words. We will all miss Lolly; she touched so many of our lives here on the Her2 board.

I want to send me deepest condolences to Lolly's family and friends. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

Kim in CA
06-11-2008, 07:47 PM
This is so very sad that it just seems impossible. Lolly was such an amazingly kind, generous, and POSITIVE person. Her kindness always shown through in every post she wrote.

Steph, thank you for letting us know about dear Lolly. It was so like her not to complain much, probably not wanting to worry us.

And Bo, I'm teary reading your post as well. Thank you for sharing your personal thoughts with us. My heart is truly broken. Please accept my deepest and heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

Kim

hutchibk
06-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Bo - your mom was an angel on earth. I know that she is getting the rest she deserves, and I know she will always look out for us and her family. This is just so heartbreaking. Love to you and your dad and all of your family. Your mom was an amazing person. And always know that she is the brightest star in the night sky.

Leslie's sister
06-11-2008, 09:48 PM
What a shock. I wasn't expecting another sister. And Lolly. Enough already. Thank you for posting the news Steph. And thank you Bo for your words regarding your mom. She was a familiar name on this site and will be sorely missed.

What sad news. I pray for Lolly's family and all here to find the peace and comfort that our loving Father offers.

Lisa

belle
06-12-2008, 01:19 AM
My sincere condolences to Lolly's family. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. I admired Lolly as a person and agree with all previously said posts that she was an amazing woman.

Bo, I agree with Bill, you seem to have picked up after your mom. The same warmly shining light who comes out a winner no matter what. Be a walking living tribute to her.

Unregistered
06-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey everyone, it's Bo.

This thread just keeps growing and growing, and to think I never knew her presence on such a helping and heartfelt forum went this deep... What an absolute treasure to find. I thank you all so much for this.

People talk about how much her postings of support meant to them, the effect she was able to have on your lives with a few choice words expressed at the right time by a person whose experiences everyone knew were such a huge part of her life... I walk around the house and see her little trinkets in every corner knowing that she usually didn't put things on display like that unless they had a great personal meaning. I realize now that she did both of these things knowing that she didn't have to be there in person during every following moment for you to feel and experience the positive intentions she hoped would be born out by the initial acts of her kind and supporting expression. It's so hard to see all the little hints she left around but how could I ever ask for anything more to remember? We all meant so much to her and it seems like every little thing she left around has something inside thanking us for it. How could you ask for anything more than a blessing who just wanted everyone around her to be blessed themselves?

Diane H
06-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Will miss her very much, what a shock - cannot seem to comprehend ....... bless her beautiful soul.

sherri
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
I have joined to walk 60 KM in first week of September in her memory; walk to end breast cancer. I'll put her name on my T-shirt and I'll tell everyone about her beautiful soul. She is one of the kind you can never forget. Bo your mom will be missed by anyone who had a chance to know her even with one short e-mail. My dear Lolly rest in peace until we meet in a better world.
Love for ever!

Unregistered
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my thanks to Bo's for all the kind messages. We really had no idea that she had such an impact on everyone here - she was always so humble. But I'm not really surprised. Throughout my entire life, she has always been such an inspiration to me, and I don't think there is anyone whose advice and approval meant more to me. Except Dad, of course... Bo and I really hit the parent lottery. We are so lucky.

I just wish each and every one of you could have met her in person. She always had a smile on her face, was so patient and kind, and god she was strong... she never complained to me about being sick, not once. She had such grace, and was just a naturally positive person. If it was ever work to keep that positive attitude (and I'm sure it must have been, at times), she just never showed it. Dad and Bo and I were laughing yesterday about one time when she really got annoyed with Dad and tried to flip him off.... and gave him a thumbs up instead. Negativity was just not in her nature.

I miss her so much... but I keep telling myself that while she definitely didn't deserve all she had to go through with this damn disease, she did deserve the peaceful end she had. I am thankful that it was so quick, and that at least at the end she wasn't in much pain. And that Dad, who was truly her soul mate, was with her.

Thank you, all of you who knew her, for your friendship to her over the years. I know it meant a lot to her. And thank you for all the love and support you are sending our way - it means a lot to us. I don't know how we'll get through without her... but I know that somehow, we will. We owe it to her not to let her loss cripple us. We were so lucky to have had her for as long as we did.

Anneliese

TSund
06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
My first response is to be so really, really ANGRY that anyone, much less one so very good and kind as Lolly could be taken away. And then her continued presence in all those she touched reminds me to remember that which she valued and to try to live as she did; replacing those negative emotions with extended love to all the world. I'm afraid I'm not nearly so good at it as Lolly. She was amazing.
Bo, and Anneliese, you carry on her legacy of love. Thank-you so much for sharing, it means a great deal.

Terri

Christine MH-UK
06-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Lolly was such as sweet person. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

charlotte
06-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I was very sad to read this post...Lolly will be missed.

Bill
06-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Anneliese, (what a beautiful name), your mom was such a wonderful woman. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your private memories. The next time I get angry at someone and want to flip them off, which never happens, so I'll have to pretend to be mad at one of my friends, I'm going to give them "the Lolly". You seem to be a living mirror of an amazing mother. Please feel free to keep in touch here, if you want to. You're in our thoughts and prayers, love, Bill

NanaKaren
06-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh, Bill leave it to you to think of "the Lolly". I love it. I will also use the the thumbs up jesture now myself. And you are right. How nice of Bo and Anneliese to share their mother with us. I grew up in Corvallis where Lolly lived and everytime I saw her smiling face, I too smiled. My heart is breaking again for one of our sisters. NanaKaren

Liz J.
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences to Lolly's family. She was a very special lady. I haven't posted much in the past 6 months or so, but whenever I did she replied in the most upbeat and sincere way.

Rest in Peace Dear Lolly.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

lexigirl
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
No words. Just plain saddened.

We will miss you Lolly.

Lexi

AbbyDawg
06-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Lolly, you were a treasure to us ... and we can see so much of your love still with us in your family. It was an honor to know you ... and you will never, ever be forgotten!

AbbyDawg

tricia keegan
06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
I just logged on and like everyone else am so shocked to see this awful news. I'm just glad Lolly did'nt suffer in the end and it was quick and peaceful.
We'll miss her a great deal and my sincere condolence's to all her family.

Hopeful
06-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I haven't replied until now, because I could not think what to say. Lolly was such a constant, reassuring presence here. Her loss is unfathomable. My sincerest condolences to her family. She is deeply missed.

Hopeful

sassy
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I have been away for a week, and never expected to log on to find such devastating news. I too had no idea the severity of Lolly's situation.

Lolly offered great advice and support to me, especially during a time when I was concerned about nodes. She was certainly one of the most positive, selfless people that I have encountered.

This just seems so sudden---surreal----terribly sad. My prayers are with her family, and I thank Bo and Annelise for sharing with us.

Kavy
06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Bo and Anneliese,

I am so sorry and sad for the loss of your mom. I feel like I knew her just by reading her posts all these years. She was an amazing person, and she will be missed.
My deepest sympathy. I will pray for Lolly and for all of you.

Stephen, thank you for letting us know about Lolly.

KarlaV.

KellyA
06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I am deeply saddened to hear about Lolly. She was a very courageous and loving spirit and she will be greatly missed by many many people. Her husband and family will remain in my prayers.

Love, Kelly

sally
06-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Frank, Bo and Anneliese, I am very shocked and sad to hear the bad news. Lolly has been the biggest inspiration to me for over 4 years. I always look for her posts and responses. She was always so positive and full of great information. She once told me that we were in it for the long haul. I think of those words all the time and I will continue to think of her and her words of wisdom. I also give my daughter a thumbs up and a kiss on the forehead which will be more reminders of Lolly. She was great person and will be missed alot. My thoughts and prayers go out to your entire family. I know you will stay strong and keep living life to the fullest. It is what Lolly would want you to do. I will miss her alot. Sally

notamrnpsn
06-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I too have been gone for a week and am stunned at the news. My sympathys to the family, Jeanette

Unregistered
06-15-2008, 01:37 PM
My heart is breaking right now.

Hugs and healing prayers.

Karen W.

Barbara2
06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh, no; I've been gone for a few days and just catching up on Her2 website and learned of this very sad news. My condolences to all who loved her and her many friends on this website. And to her husband, what a beautiful life you and Lolly shared. You were so lucky to have one another. What you shared is hard to put into words. The love in your heart is forever.

God bless you and wishing you God's strength and comfort.

Soccermom1955
06-16-2008, 06:58 AM
Unbearable news...Lolly has a special place in my heart as do so many of us...May the memories of happier times bring her family solace...

Sadly,Marcia

anne2
06-16-2008, 07:23 AM
How sad. I also saw her last post, just a few days ago. I will always remember Lolly as welcoming me to the site back some 4 years ago. In fact when I googled her 2 support, her name first appeared in the description for the website. I was always inspired that she fought for so long and had a great attitude. I will miss her. My thoughts and prayers to her family.
Love,
Anne

lkc Gumby
06-16-2008, 07:52 AM
My prayers go out out to all of Lolly's family and friends. May happier memories of Lolly comfort you in this difficult time.
I beleive There is a special place in Heaven for her.
God Bless.

MCS
06-16-2008, 07:05 PM
I have not logged in for a long time and to see this about Lolly.
My thoughts to her husband and family and friends
I'm so sick and tired of losing us! where's the damn cure, the vaccine, the clinical studies that are faster to test, etc

Love to all of you
Maria

Belinda
06-17-2008, 04:34 AM
Oh, this is too too sad. To Lolly's family - my condolences. I haven't logged in for a long time but when I have been here Lolly has been such a gentle, wise and generous soul...like others, I didn't know how ill she was...so sad...Bx

jones7676
06-17-2008, 02:31 PM
I was shocked to read of Lolly passing...I haven't been able to get on here much lately, so I was not prepared for this. It seems like we are losing too many members lately - or is it just me. Enough already....I hope the researchers come up with something better soon for us all. Please convey my condolences to the family.

chrislmelb
06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
i am really saddened to read of Lolly's passing.
I will be thinking of her family.
RIP Lolly

vickie h
06-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I just found out about Lolly. There are no words to describe the loss I feel. She was here from day one for me and all on this site. I had no idea she was so sick. I wish her family love and healing and prayers. Thank you, God, for sharing Lolly with all of us....Vickie

Gina
06-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi, everyone,

Just by chance happened to be on the site today to learn of Lolly's passing. I am too sad for words as I remember her being here as long as I have been on the site.

Deepest sympathy to her friends and family...she will be GREATLY missed,
Gina
GPopp@Comcast.net

Jackie07
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
My condolences to Lolly's family and her family on this board - including myself. I always love to see her picture with her hubby - such good smiles, such love between them.

I am glad to have known such wonderful lady. What a good example for others to learn how to live with love and how to leave with fond memories!

Unregistered
06-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone, Anneliese here again. We wanted you all to see mom's obituary:

http://www.gtconnect.com/articles/2008/06/19/news/obituaries/4obi03_gast.txt

Unregistered
06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm so sad to hear about Lolly. My heart hurts. Bo and Anneliese, I'm sure your Mom is very proud of you. She was very special and kind. Thanks for thinking of us. Bev

Sherryg683
07-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I am just reading this, and this has got me so upset. Lolly was such a wonderful support on this group and such a lovely lady with a fighting spirit. Last post I had read from her, she seemed to doing as well as possible. That's what I hate so much about this disease, it makes no sense. I am so sad now...sherryg683