PDA

View Full Version : Back from a break....

~Bellydancer~
06-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello all,
I am back from a break from the site. I needed to just get away from the info for a wee bit. I have had 23 RAD tx and will finish up the 28th on Friday June 13/08.
Just when I though that the light was burning at the tunnel's end I have been told that I have had some heart damage. My Muga scan has dropped 20% from 62 to 42. I am now on Ramipril 2x/d and await the call from a Cardiologist. So no more Herceptin for me. I am a bit worried since I am ER-,PR- and HER2+. BUT I do not want to damage my heart, as it is sort of important LOL. ;). I am really glad that I was able to struggle thru the chemo now.
This explains my fatigue that just doesn't seem to improve and the loss of strenght and stamina.
Any one else have this issue? Any suggestions?

I really hope that everyone Keeps strong in their faith and keeps putting one foot ahead of the other to keep trudging forward.
Love
Michelle

ElaineM
06-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi,
Welcome back !!

Paty
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Dear Michelle,

Good to hear from you again. I am sorry to hear about your experience with Herceptin. Have you asked your onc if you could probably resume with the Herceptin treatment later on? I finished one year herceptin with no problems but I suffer from fatigue and short of breath due to lung fibrosis caused by the radiation treatment, obviously, this does not happens to everybody. When I started with the symptoms, my doctor double checked it was not my heart that was causing the effects till we confirmed that it was caused by the radiation. Hope you can resume the treatment later on. Wishing you the best, and please do not discourage, I am sure there will be a solution to this. Love,

Paty

sassy
06-07-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey Michelle! Good to see you back.

I have no experience with the heart problems, but I know there are others on the site that have had to stop Herceptin, but were later able to resume.

Hope your family is all doing well--let me know how all is going.

My best to you,

mimiflower07
06-08-2008, 07:56 AM
so glad to hear from you...i know you have been busy with rads but that too is almost over and you have acheived another step closer to freedom.
I have to believe that your muga will improve with a little break. You'll get back on your fix...at least you did get some herceptin into you so that will help. keep intouch when you can
take care
suzanne