PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Life

PinkGirl
06-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I just got home from our Relay. It was
well attended and a lot of money was raised but unfortunately it poured
rain. Here's a picture of a luminarie that I made. It took a beating in
the rain but I think you can still read it.

Mary Jo
06-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Awww Pink, that was awesome of you to remember our "sisters" in this way.

Glad the walk went well but sorry it rained. How far did you walk? Was it warm at least or was it a cold rain?

Oh well, you were able to do it and for that I am thankful.

Mary Jo

PinkGirl
06-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks Marejo. Luckily, the rain and the wind
were not cold and the weather didn't dampen the spirit of the crowd. This Relay goes all night - it was like tent-city around our high school track. They
are probably just finishing up their big breakfast right now.

I wasn't on a Relay Team. I always wait for darkness and go to help light the candles. Last night I walked around the track 5X. I don't know how far that is, but my feet and legs were tired!!!

Unregistered
06-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Pink Girl,

What a wonderful tribute! My girl scout troop worked a relay for life a couple of years ago... it was an amazing day.

Oh, by the way, 5x around the track should be a little over a mile (just finished up the track season with my daughter who ran the mile).

Karen W.

Yorkiegirl
06-07-2008, 09:29 AM
AWWW Pink I loved the picture. As marijo said that was so awesome to remember "Our Sister's " that way.

Now could you send us some rain?? It has been so hot and humid here.

PinkGirl
06-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Wow, I walked a bit more than a mile and I only had to stop twice to rest. Maybe I should try this everyday.

I forgot to mention that it is at this event each year that I
get my pink "Highlight for Hope". So I now have my pink
streak back in my hair.

tricia keegan
06-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Well done Pink girl, sorry it rained but hope you enjoyed the experience anyway. So nice too to honour our sister's as you did !
Well done to you girlie:)

DonnaD
06-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Pink Girl,
Thank you! What a nice tribute to our sisters.

I would love to see the pink streak again!
Donna

Believe51
06-09-2008, 05:26 AM
Your gesture to tribute our sister's is just one more example of the wonderful person you are PinkGirl. Your support appears never ending and we here in 'Lil Rhody want to send special love to you. Ed & I say thanks for being YOU, we love you...never change!!!!>>Believe51

schoolteacher
06-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Pink,

Thank you for remembering our sisters.

Amelia

Donna
06-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Dear Pink Girl,

I LOVE your luminarie, no rain is gonna dampen the glow of that! Wonderful, thanks so much for thinking of it and posting it for us to share.

Have a great day!

Donna

sarah
06-09-2008, 11:36 AM
A beautiful tribute and perhaps appropriate that it was raining.
health and happiness
sarah

chrisy
06-09-2008, 02:02 PM
I love the relay for life. Last year I was not on a team, but walked I think it was 35 laps, dedicating each to a warrior or an angel, most of which I met on this board. My mistake was forgetting that the back of your legs can get sunburned, too.

My favorite time to walk is the hour before sunrise. It is so quiet and then the sun rises...another new day