PDA

View Full Version : Had surgery...

micheleu
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Ok, sorry for the silence. I've had a longgggg 2 weeks.
I went in for a nipple bx a week ago last friday. so I thought it was just a nipple bx...My PET scan lite up on the opposite nipple a month ago. I was worried about pre-pagets's or something like that. The surgeon started feeling around the scar line on my affected side and said he felt something! Well, so we added a lumpectomy to the surgery at the last minute. When i woke up I felt like i was in the movie De Ja Vue? The surgeon said that he was a little conerned about the way it felt. I'm going to hit my 5 year this August. I was scared. Well, Thank God it did come back ok. Now, i feal a very hard lumpy area under where they took the lump out. Anyone else have this?? It hurts!! It quite frankly, feal's like cancer would feal. I had 40cc's of old bloody stuff drained out last week. Do I knead that area to break up the lumpiness or leave it alone?? I wondered if anyone had similiar experience with this? I might make it to my 5 year after all.......

Mary Jo
06-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Hi Michele,

I'm glad things went well and you are on the mend. Geez, what a scare. I can only imagine. Asking God to keep you well - to let your 5 year be a reality.

Love & Peace to you,

Mary Jo

sarah
06-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Hello,
Glad it was nothing. Not the same for me. Had a lump inner lower part of breast (after mastectomy and recon) and it was cancer.
good for you.
continued good health
sarah

chrisy
06-04-2008, 08:59 PM
OK, well,

I don't really have the answers you seek about how to handle the surgical healing. Have you asked your doctor?

But I don't think I can let that other comment slip by...
DARN STRAIGHT you gonna make that 5 year mark! And lots more after that.

Take care, Michele
Chris

SoCalGal
06-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Hi Michele-
I gree with Chris - check with your doctor's office. I'm gonna guess "no" on the kneading. I've had a lot of surgery and have not once been told to knead anything so see what the doc says. Feel better! xxoo Flori

Believe51
06-05-2008, 05:21 AM
Hello Sweetie, so glad the silence is broke and you have updated us on your issues. I am praying for us all to share your 5 year mark and then some. So happy to see you are on the up. Sending great love and smiles to you Dear Friend>>Believe51

StephN
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Dear Michele -
THAT doesn't sound like any fun at all!

Curious about the "bloody stuff" you had drained. Did they check for cancer cells? What could account for that?

It has been years since you had any surgery there, right? I would say no kneading until it is well healed and see what is left.

And what about the other nipple that lit up on the scan?
I am not understanding all of this. Maybe I am just too tired after several days of helping my Mom ...

Jackie07
06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I just got back to the board after being absent for a while. How are things going with you now?

Ruth
06-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Michele ~

Thank goodness it all came back ok! You just had surgery so I would expect a lump around the site where it was. Also, your probably aggrevating it by all that mushing around! And it hurting to me sounds like bruising and fluid build-up. Maybe wise, sweet Becky has an idea? Just so glad to hear from you.

You will make it my dear and post your happy post in August.

Hugs ~ Ruth

Becky
06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Yippee skippy! Another bullet dodged. Don't knead the area. It seems to me that it just needs to heal and will only form more scar/glandular tissue if you don't leave it alone. I get pulling from my scars and more glandular tissue forms. It happens more if you lose alittle weight and you probably did between surgery and worrying and you are thin to begin with.

Three cheers. I always am thinking about you (and your horse)

Chelee
06-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Michelle, I wondered how things turned out for you. I'm so glad you posted as I've had you on my mind. That's nice that things turned out ok. You mentioned a very hard lumpy area. The only thing I can relate that too is I have a very hard area right where my orignal tumor was. It's rock hard and it hurts. But I do know its a seroma. It's been drained twice in two years and seroma fluid is suppose to be a light yellow or clear..but mine is always a thick, dark bloodly fluid.

The first time they drained it they removed 40cc's just like they did with you. The second time they got 32'cc's. So its possible that its just a seroma under there especially since you just had another lumpectomey to check that area. Mine's not lumpy like you mentioned...but it is really hard.

Thanks for updating us...that's just wonderful news.
You will make the five year mark and another 40 plus some. :)

Chelee