PDA

View Full Version : Fun Fun Fun...

hutchibk
05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Driving home on IH35 today in the middle of rush hour, Mark and I had the pleasure of being rear-ended when we were at a dead stop, by a man in a big Ford F150 with a huge cattle guard front bumper and pulling a weighted down trailer. He had fallen asleep at the wheel and slammed into us. We then had the pleasure of spending the next 3 hours in the emergency room, for basically whiplash, but Mark has already had a broken neck in the past from a drunk driver hitting him and I had a bone met in my neck last year, so they didn't want to take any chances. Turns out we are OK, albeit sore and achy and we are WELL aware that the next couple of days will be really painful... bugger. What an exciting afternoon, huh? The other driver has good insurance (same that I have, USAA) and we get to start that fun process tomorrow, how fun will that be? LOL

Our car is pretty pushed in on the trunk, the spoiler flew off, and the bumper is totalled. Don't know until tomorrow if the quarter panels were compromised or pushed forward or if the frame was affected, but at least we will get a new paint job out of it... I guess you always need to see the upside...

Anyhoo, I am aching, so I am gonna take my motrin, or maybe vicodin, and crash (pun intended!).

Ouch.

harrie
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
OMG Huchabik! Sure am glad you guys were not smashed into a pancake with all that huge load coming from behind like that!! Hope you are feeling much worse tomorrow. Take care!! Whew!!!

Colleens_Husband
05-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Hutchibk:

You don't know how to respond when something like this happens. Were you lucky that you didn't have any serious injuries or were you unlucky to be in front of a sleeping driver.

I'm just glad that no one was hurt seriously. Don't settle the insurance claim until you are real sure that there isn't a long term problem with your neck and back.

Take care of yourself.

Lee

SoCalGal
05-30-2008, 08:06 AM
So glad you are well enough to post. Yes- you will be sore for awhile but thank god nothing broken. I was so looking forward to giving you a hard time over the LAKERS win but now I will wait until you can take what I may dish:).

I think you should come here to recuperate and we will shop and go to the movies. And also to the beach for some vitamin D. Chris should join us and we can get some chocolate for her along the way. Leave Mark (no offense). Girl Bonding...Feel better. xxooxxoo Flori

Terri B
05-30-2008, 08:07 AM
hutchibk:

I thought I had a bad day yesterday because after my MUGA scan, i left the hospital and had a flat tire! I weighed my options, and changed it myself (using only my feet, and left arm mind you). We are women, hear us roar.

Did you know that sleepy drivers are more dangerous than drunks? It's a FACT!! and BOTH of these types of drivers are STUPID!!

I HATE that this happened to you! I hope everything is okay with you!

The moral of the story: Somebody is ALWAYS having a worse day than you. Count your blessings!!!

Gerri
05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
YIKES Brenda! Just goes to show that life is full of 'surprises'. One more reminder to live each day to the fullest. Hope your aches and pains have subsided, but chances are you are feeling even more today. Take Lee's advice about the insurance. Something similar happened to my hubby and he waited out the entire year before signing off on the claim - just to make sure he was really okay.

I noticed you posted this under "Keeping your mind off of BC - Fun things to post that do not apply to BC" - Fun? Not so much...

Take good care.

chrisy
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Fun would be having daddy take that guy's pickup away.

And not fair, for sure. Dontcha think that as a breast cancer warriors we should get an exemption from all the other things that can ruin one's day?

Next time, get a Hummer or something that will win.

Glad to hear your spirit is unbroken. Take very good care of yourselves.

love
chris

Bill
05-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Aw, Hucklebuck, I'm so sorry to hear about your wreck. I'm so glad, though, that nobody was seriously injured. You guys will probably wake up stiff and even more sore tomorrow. Keep the meds and heating pad and maybe a hot bath handy. It's good that you've kept your sense of humor through it, but still, as we say here in Virginia, "Damn a thing like that!".

harrie
05-30-2008, 05:23 PM
I meant to say....see above...."I hope you are NOT feeling worse tomorrow"...oh brother....I'm so sorry!!

chrisy
05-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Ha ha harriecanarie! One more slip up like that and you'll end up on the "stupid things people say wall of shame!"

hutchibk
05-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys... today wasn't so bad for me pain wise, but I can start to tell where the stiffness and pain might take over tomorrow...

Harrie, I knew what you meant, LOL.

Chrisy, I second that exemption idea.

Flori, I will only come visit after the Lakers lose... I think the Spurs loss was more painful than the whiplash. It really was the icing on the cake yesterday, I tell ya. A car wreck AND my most favorite sports team on the planet loses the Westen Conf. playoffs to those bedeviled Lakers. Sigh. Oh well, the Spurs only win championships in odd numbered years anyway.

harrie
05-30-2008, 11:55 PM
I nominate me to be posted on Liz's thread titled "insensitive comments people say"!!! LOL!!!

Would someone please KICK ME?!?!