PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Grace Brophy?

Adriana Mangus
05-24-2008, 12:16 PM
I know I have been absent for quite a long time, but I did not see any postings from Gracie. Anybody?

Becky
05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Grace wanted to move to Maine and put bc behind her. She emailed me privately to let me know that she would not be on the board anymore but may check in once in a blue moon.

I assume she is well and writing her second book.

StephN
05-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi -
Yes, I miss Grace as well.
She has published her second book - called "A Deadly Paradise."

The third is probably in editing and the 4th most likely being fleshed out. She had a tight schedule to produce five books. Can't let a little old thing like breast cancer get in the way of that!

She has a web site. If you do a search with her name you should get it.

hutchibk
05-25-2008, 09:44 AM
Last I knew she had moved and was concentrating on her book...

Unregistered
05-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi all,

Nice to know you still remember me. We're living up in Maine at the moment, coping with cold, black flies, a house that needs massive work, and a novel that's not getting written. Every time I see something that needs work in the house it distracts me.

About Kate. I just heard from Stephanie that Kate died. We were friendly, both by telephone and email, and I spoke to her about four weeks ago, when she had just returned to the hospital. She was so sure she'd be home soon that I really thought she would survive and see her grandson graduate from college. I am so sad to hear that she didn't make it, as she was a lovely person, and a good and encouraging friend.

I just published my second book, "A Deadly Paradise" and am trying to write the third--Stephanie had more faith in me than I have in myself. It will be reviewed in the New York Times on June 8 (which is great if it's a good review and humiliating if it's not), so I hope you'll all send up good thoughts for me.

It's great to know I can still post, although unregistered, so I will look in more often. Stay well and enjoy the summer, which has not quite made it to Maine yet.

Best, Grace

Unregistered
05-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Does anyone on the board have the address of Kate's family. I'd like to send a card. Thanks. I'll check back in a few days to see if anyone posted it.

sassy
05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Grace,

Nice to hear that you are well. I had asked Becky about you as I had missed you also.