PDA

View Full Version : Fraud..

fullofbeans
05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I met yesterday a lady called Julie who had precancerous cells in 2006 and was recomended a masectomy.

I met her in a holistic cancer patients meeting place. She had decided to go the alternative way (food, wheat grass ect..)

When I was dx stage 4 (in 2006) I phoned her and begged/implored her to get a masectomy telling her that no one should go through a stage 4 dx and that she should not take that risk because she had the chance to never be in my place and that place felt like pure hell.

I met her ramdomly yesterday 2 years down the line, she did not have the masectomy and had been dx stage 4 just the preceeding week..

Just who are those people that are making some people beleive that food and expensive supplements can replace a surgery... Often pretending to have had cancer tehmselves but then you find out that they were only "suspected" to have cancer or it was a begnin tumour..

Colleens_Husband
05-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Full of Beans:

People believe fraudulent claims because they desperately want to believe them. You cannot fool someone who doesn't really want to be fooled. And I feel for the people who don't want to go through what all the brave women and men on this site have gone through. Chemo and mastectomies are awful. But ignoring a problem won't make it go away.

Cancer is sometimes it's own life lesson. The sooner you find the problem and deal with the problem, the better off you are likely to be.

Lee

StephN
05-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I am sorry for that young woman, but maybe her story will be a lesson to those around her.
Don't fool around with even a confirmed precancer diagnosis. If those cells are mutated to that point, the cancer is on its way unless it is removed.

My hope is that her life can be saved and she will have a story to tell others who think they are stronger than cancer, or are tempted by the MOUNTEBANKS that abound today as in the past.

Colleens_Husband
05-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Steph:

I have to agree with you but it is a steep price to pay.

Oh... and a brilliant mountebank reference! I didn't think I would see one of those for at least a few years.

Well done Steph!

Lee