PDA

View Full Version : I have just walked 150miles/250km..

fullofbeans
05-23-2008, 07:53 AM
In 10 days.. I did the spiritual Pelgrimage (Camino Frances) to Santiago de Compostella (in Spain) and have just walked 250km through the mountain range...carrying a bag pack of about 8k.

I feel fit and healthy ad off course I am soooooooo incredibly grateful to be in a position to be able to do that.

AlaskaAngel
05-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi FOB

Fantastic! Thanks for sending your energy and sharing your horizon with us -- Keep setting new goals, my friend!

A.A.

ElaineM
05-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi,
Congratulations !! That is absolutely fantastic. You have the right stuff.

Mary Anne in TX
05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Amazing! Absolutely amazing, girl!!!!!

schoolteacher
05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
That is quite an incredible journey. I like to travel, and you have given me hope that one day I will be able to do the traveling again.

Amelia

dhealey
05-23-2008, 12:58 PM
You go girl! That is awesome. I thought I was doing something great walking 39 miles for the avon walk last year, but you top that!

StephN
05-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Dear Beans -
This makes me SO happy to hear you have accomplished something like this. It was a big deal for me to go to the dentist then stop at the Dutch bakery and farmer's market on the way home! And that is all in a car ...

We are curious. How long did it take you and were you with a group that had scheduled stops and shelter along the way? Did you begin at St. Jean Pied a Port or close by there?

We visited Fatima on our last trip to Portugal. They have some 13,000 to 15,000 people on the first Monday of every month! We got there on Wed after the first Monday and the garbage was still overflowing and not picked up. The camping area was also still a mess.

Bill
05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Wow, that is awesome Beans! Hiking like that really gives you time to reflect and calm your spirit. I've never done that sort of hike, though. You are amazing. Best wishes, Bill

BonnieR
05-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks! How inspiring!
I'll be at the Dutch bakery with Steph! lol

harrie
05-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh my gosh Fullofbeans....THAT is incredible!!! I am SO PROUD of you!! BUt I have a suggestion...after that awesome story, you should change your name from Full of Beans to Powerwoman or something more right-on to the REAL YOU!!
Here is a "high 5" to you sis!!!

Jackie07
05-24-2008, 10:10 AM
HARRIECANARIE,

I like "Fullofbeans", whatever it means:)

harrie
05-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Isn't "full of beans" a cliche' for "a lot of bs"?

R.B.
05-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Congratulations Full of Beans

I saw a documentary on the pilgrimage route and walk a while a go.

It looked a wonderful thing to do, and there seemed to be a great spirit of co-operation and friendship between those that were doing the walk.

RB

Joan M
05-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi fullofbeans,

That's fantastic. You must be in fabulous shape. Keep on going. And NED too.

Best, Joan

fullofbeans
05-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Thank you all so very much for all your kind words. No I went on my own but it is a well known pelgrimage route so there are quite a few people doing it too so it is absolutely not an issue. And yes indeed nice to think& contemplate.

There are what they call "Alberge" which is a kind of refuge where for few Euros you get a bunk bed and there is a shower room and often basic kitchen facilities. These can be found every 10 to 15 km.

Haha I had to laugh about the name saga.. I seems it is a UK only idiom! and I have just checked it says
"be full of beans: to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm. e.g. I've never met anyone so full of beans before breakfast."

lots of love

harrie
05-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Ok Fullofbeans..now I understand! Oh yes, the UK idiom version matches you very well now! LOL!!!
You GO Fullofbeans!!!

StephN
05-26-2008, 03:16 PM
About the name. That makes much sense.
My grandma used to say we were either "full of beans" or "full of vinegar" when we would not settle down for her when my parents were gone on a trip.

Not that we were being bad kids, just energetic or busy with our own distractions. Unless she baked cookies or something - then she got our attention!