PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With NED party-(It's a surprise!)

Leslie's sister
05-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm excited to share that it has been two years today since my sister's diagnosis and she IS and has been Dancing With NED.

We are having a surprise party for her next weekend. Pink & White Balloons, Dancing With NED poster, everyone wearing pink shirts (men too!) Her fiance is going to wear a pink shirt with the name NED on it. It is mostly family (hey we are Italian, that means lots of food and lots of family)

Anyway just wanted to share the good news. I will attempt to get a picture and finally post a face with my name.

Thanks for being my family as well. This walk has been much easier because of all of you!

Lisa

Jackie07
05-17-2008, 09:13 PM
How wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Have fun!

Bill
05-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Lisa, that is great news, and it sounds like one heckuva party. I wish I could be there!

harrie
05-17-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow Lisa!!! Awesome party!!! would love to see a pic!! Have a great time and that is so fantastic of you to do that for her. Have fun, enjoy, and appreciate life!

Mary Jo
05-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi Lisa,

Wow...what a great idea and how surprised Leslie will be. I'm so glad her and I were finally able to talk in person...geez, I feel as if I've known her all my life and consider her one of my "bestest" friends.http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Will the party be right after she returns from New York? How are you going to go about surprising her?

Oh, I'm so happy for her and know how LONG she waited for this day to finally arrive.

I'm glad you are part of our "family" here at her2 support too. I've come to love you and Leslie as part of my extended family.

Hugs to you......and God's continued AWESOME blessings.

Mary Jo

Leslie's sister
05-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Mary Jo

Leslie gets back from New York Thursday night and the party is on Sunday. I usually have a party Memorial Day so it isn't out of the ordinary to have a party. She thinks it is the usual Memorial Day party and will show up for that.

Everyone will already be here dressed in pink and ready to party.

I am so glad that you and her were able to talk on the phone. I feel like introducing the two of you was one of my greatest accomplishments in this whole thing. Then I come back down to earth and realize, hey dummy, you didn't do it, God did it.

You don't know how many times I have thought about asking you to be here. Fly in Saturday. Fly out Monday. (I would take care of getting your ticket) But then I remember that the two of you are meeting in Oct and I don't want to take anything away from that special moment.........But if you think it is a good idea and are game for a quick weekend getaway and can handle a big crazy family............

Mary Jo
05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi Lisa,

Oh, what an awesome surprise that would be, huh? But, I would never ask you to take care of my ticket AND (oh, I'm so excited) we just bought our CA tickets today. So, my money is spent BUT soon we will meet in person (God Willing) However, I can't imagine God bringing us this far and not let the meeting happen. It will happen. We are flying in to San Francisco Wed., the 22nd - driving to Shelter Cove for the wedding on the 25th - then driving to meet you guys on the 26th. We should arrive (we will) to Leslies house on the 26th and we will spend the 27th together. Well for that matter, we will have the evening of the 26th as well. We will then fly out of LAX on the 28th. OH, I'M SO EXCITED. My long lost soul sister................what a journey it's been.

Have an awesome time at the party. I will be with you all in spirit and celebration - in heart and soul (as I type that I have tears welling in my eyes as my joy is so complete for Leslie - AND - of course you too)

Thanks for the offer - you truly are the BESTEST!! (my own word)

Love to you friend....

Mary Jo

Yep, you're right - it was a GOD thing that we were to "meet" and become "soul" sisters. God truly is AWESOME.

Leslie's sister
05-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Oh Mary Jo. That is why I love you so much. Ever so humble, ever so patient. Me, I always get so excited and want the instant gratification. I can just envision the shock and joy on Leslie's face seeing you and of course I want to see it NOW! But I know that the Oct plan has been in the works and so it must be the plan that is meant to be. (Hence my hesitation in asking you)

So I will keep trying to learn patience.

I am counting down the days until Leslie gets to meet you in October and of course I will be meeting you as well, sweet sister.

Jackie, Bill and Harrie, Thanks for the well wishes. It is going to be a great celebration of health and life! And with Lani's awesome post, well, God is just so great, so good, there is much to celebrate!!!

I will post an update after the party!!

Lisa

Bill
05-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Lisa, you are an awesome person and a great sister. On "patience", in my opinion, you don't/can't learn it, or at least I couldn't, but once I started to "practice" patience, something happened, and it just naturally came about. Practice patience by hesitating to react impulsively to a stressful situation. Take a step back from the event, breathe, and think, "if I loose my cool, or get frustrated, or panic, or lose my temper, I only demean myself, and no good will come of it" Allow God to handle things for you. Like anything you want to get better at, you "practice" it, and gradually, you get better at it. I hope nobody's sitting out there saying,"aw, that's easy for you to say", because, for sure, I know what I'm talking about on this one. Once you begin practicing patience, more patience and a calmness will enter your spirit and you will find that all other negative impulses slip by the wayside. I know that doesn't sound very clear. Just practice patience. Love y'all, Bill

Leslie's sister
05-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh Bill. I just typed out this response and hit the wrong button. Uggh! (Hey is this a sign to practice patience................I'm thinking so.)

Anyway, I was saying, your response about practicing patience is something that we went over in a Bible study class, or maybe, it was Purpose Driven Life, I can't remember. The just of it was, if one prays for patience, for example, well hold on to your hats, because acquiring real patience means being in situations that demand patience. One can't just expect to acquire patience in situations that do not demand patience. In other words, we acquire patience by practicing it, practicing it in situations that need extra patience. Same thing for other qualities such as kindness, gentleness, humility, love. If we want to learn to love, it is easy to love the loveable. But how about loving the not so loveable? The cranky, complaining or just plain ornery types. Practice love by loving them.

I think what I'm trying to say is you reminded me of that study. thanks for the reminder.

I'm also thinking that none of this makes sense, but somehow, I think that we are on the same page.

Lisa

P.S. I love the digression of these posts

Mary Jo
05-18-2008, 06:56 PM
I always say when God handed out patience....I got IMPATIENT and left the line. When it was my turn I was gone!!! Hence, no patience.

LOL LOL

Jackie07
05-18-2008, 07:12 PM
That is a good one!

Being the youngest of six children of a colonel, I have always been patient because of the strict chain of command.

I love the verses in the Bible: "Love is patient and kind..., love never fails."

harrie
05-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes Lisa....Life is so GOOD!!!.....ENJOY!!!!

Bill
05-18-2008, 09:06 PM
On the same page, yes, Lisa!

dejaboo
05-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Wow, That is Wonderful News! Sounds Like the Best Party.
I look forward to Pictures.

Makes me Smile just thinking of the Celebration in Pink.

lexigirl
05-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Lisa,

Your party sounds terrific!! Yes, please post pics!! I am so happy that Leslie continues to do well. I hope that she and NED are together forever!!

Lexi

Leslie's sister
05-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Thank you everyone for your well wishes!

Lexi, I loved your comment about Leslie and Ned staying together forever!! I think that is a great visual. I'm going to tell her that.

Jackie, yes, I too love the Bible verse love is patient, love is kind........love NEVER fails. I have noticed that as your sig line. Very nice.

Mary Jo, ha ha nice try with the "left the line" thing on patience. I know better, my friend.

Harrie & Pam & Bill & whoever I missed, thanks again. I promise to give a full report on the party!

Lisa