PDA

View Full Version : Madubois - silence is worrying!

StephN
05-16-2008, 01:11 PM
So, come out, come out, whever you are.

I saw you, or someone for you, looked in here yesterday.

Take care of whatever is keeping you quiet!

Big healing hugs coming your way ...

Bill
05-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Madame Dubois is missing? Please come out and talk to us, sweetheart.

hutchibk
05-17-2008, 12:12 AM
The last we heard she was partying it up at a music festival with her daughter... hope they didn't get kidnapped by a band of gypsy musicians!

madubois63
05-20-2008, 08:17 PM
I am truly sorry for not keeping up with everyone. I did speak to Christine last week. This is a quick update because I really need to try and get some sleep. I haven't been sleeping well for while. After the trip to California, I became jaundice. Then it got better all on it's own. I had a few tests, but they didn't show anything. Then I got a cold, a really nasty over 2 weeks of suffering kind of cold. My head still hasn't cleared up. I started to turn yellow again, and I've lost nearly 12 lb since California unintentionally. So I am scheduled for a liver biopsy and a port placement in the morning. It's my daughter's 17th birthday, so we are not happy about the timing, but...got to do what you got to do. My dear friend Liz has volunteered to sit with my mom waiting for me to get this done. She is such an angel!!! My mom is beside herself, so this means so much to me!! I know some of you are having harder times than others and please know you are all in my prayers no matter what. I have checked in from time to time, but the losses just made me more depressed.

My daughter bought me the greatest tee shirt for mother's day. She wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but I LOVE IT, and wear it proudly. It is a plain black tee shirt with white writing. It simply says, " #uck cancer." I gt so many compliments on it and it also helps start conversations...I have actually only worn it once - I haven't gone out much. Steph I know you called and I am so sorry for not returning your call. I haven't really spoken to anyone in a few weeks. I can't believe it's been a month since San Diego!!! I am a little depressed about this happening again, but I'll get this fixed and be ready for the next conference!! I just don't like to be down for too long!! I had a great time and hope to be seeing you again at another event!!!!

Love to you all!! Maryann

Paty
05-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Maryann,

Nice to hear from you again. I am sorry you are having to go through so much worry with your jaundice. I am sure you will be ready for next conference. God bless you and I will be praying for that depression to go away fast. All my love,

Paty

sassy
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Maryanne,

Take care of yourself--we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You know what is best for you--just know we are here.

Bill
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Maryann! It's so good to hear from you! I'm sorry that you have been having such a rough time. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. You are an amazing woman! Love ya! Bill

Joy
05-20-2008, 09:07 PM
MaryAnn, you are such a fighter and I know you will continue to be, but I'm sending you my best wishes anyway. And happy day to your wonderful daughter!

Mary Jo
05-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Hi Maryann,

I was thinking of you this morning and wondering how you were. I'm glad I saw your post here and am sorry you are feeling "YUCK" (for lack of a better term - well I could think of way better terms but didn't want to type them http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif)

I just want to send my love and care to you. I ask God to help you get through this new leg of your journey and for Him to give you MIGHTY strength and incredible peace.

Consider yourself hugged my friend,

Mary Jo

dhealey
05-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Maryann,

Glad you checked in with us. You are one tough lady. I like the concept on your t-shirt. I need one of those. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless!

Mary Anne in TX
05-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Maryann, I'm thinking positive, good, strong prayerful thoughts for you. You get better fast....you know a car doesn't work too well with one wheel gone!!!!!! Lots of love, ma

Unregistered
05-21-2008, 10:27 AM
We all missed your presence on our website. I was waiting to hear more good news about your respiratory illness. I missed you at the ONS conference . It woild have been too much for anyway. L found it to be tiring; being away from home. Joe and I did make some very good contacts and I was happy to be well recsived by such a wonderful group of Oncocgy nurses. I found them to be very good listeners too. I told them my story and also your story ;so; Mary Ann you were there!!
Hope your medical team are getting you in tip-top shape.Rest well and heal well. We look forward to your POSTs..........Christine

chrisy
05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Maryann,
Take care, get the rest you need, come back soon!

madubois63
05-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I am a little sleepy so if this doesn't make sense....just ignore me. My appointment was for 10 am this morning. After many hours, lots of patience and some yelling I got in at nearly 1:30 pm. The actual procedures went fairly easy and quick. I now have a much needed port - my fourth one (I've also has 2 catheters, one central line and a pic line). My right arm is thrilled because I have to go for blood work tomorrow!! My neck is a little sore, but I took some meds to make it better. The liver biopsy was different this time. They did three punches that weren't really painful at all. So except for all the waiting, it wasn't that bad. I made a huge pot of fresh chicken soup last night, so dinner was great and easy. I am exhausted and the meds have kicked in. time for me put the computer away. Love to all-

eric
05-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Maryanne,

You've obviosly been greatly missed...by me included. We love you!

Eric

kcherub
05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Maryann...

Sending a HUGE virtual hug your way...

Please keep us updated. We are all praying for you!!!

Take care,

Bill
05-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Madame, we love you. Thanks for checking in with us. You sound good. You rest as you need, and we are praying for you. Love, Bill

Unregistered
05-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Can't believe, oh wait I can, they made you wait so long. Best wishes and take care, Bev

StephN
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Dear Maryann -
Thanks for the update today.
Wow, that was some long preop prep time! Glad you let them know you wanted to be next!

That was a tough respiratory bug. There was something like that going around in winter, but the "babies" must still be out there multiplying. I know "healthy" people who were knocked on their tushes for weeks. So, do rest and make sure it is really gone because they can and do come back!

More HEALING hugs to you.

Jean
05-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Maryann,
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and
sending you healing energy. Hey, wear that T shirt
even if you are in the house!

Big Hugs,
Jean

harrie
05-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Maryann, thanks for taking the time to write to us.
Please get your rest and get your strength back.
Awesome t-shirt from your daughter. Hit the nail right on the head!!! ***UCK CANCER!!! Yea, you do it Girl!!! You just kick it right on it's **SS and send it outta there!! Build up your strength and DO IT!!
You got lots of love coming your way from a lot of us over here.
Maryanne

Joan M
05-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Hi Maryanne,

I'm glad the port and liver procedures went well and I'm praying that the liver tests turn out okay. I love the tee-shirt!

I know we mentioned about getting together for lunch sometime at the end of May or in June. I'll send you a messge about that. I've been rushing around a lot myself working full time and running back and forth on weekends to New Hop, Pa. to see my mom whose in an Alzheimer's residence. Thank goodness both my brothers live near her and do a lot to help out.

Also, there's been a recurrence in my lung again and I've seen several docs to try to determine the best course of action -- surgery again, radiofrequency ablation, stereotatic body surgery -- I still have a few more appointments. Anyway none of this is going to happen before a few graduation parties in mid June, and my last appointment is on June 11.

Best, Joan