PDA

View Full Version : ~Mighty Oak's 10th and FINAL A/C Treatment!!

Believe51
05-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Friday marks Ed's 10th and final A/C treatment. Although he does need a holiday from almost a year and a half of chemo it is really kind of scary! I am sure we will adjust to things, after all what is more scary than a year and a half of treatment...??

This is a major accomplishment and even with the rocky roads and bleak outlooks, he is still here. Between prayer, science and the Warrior he is, he has made it out of the woods. Cautious remission until more testing, this is the farthest he has come.

This is such an inspiration to not only me but the world. One small step for man, a giant for mankind (did I say that right?). The medical industry remains studies on this man in two areas: Inflammatory breast cancer & Male breast cancer. Hopefully these studies can eventually help others in this tough and sometimes bleak catagory of cancer.

So for all those looking for a flaming smile from me after the few weeks I have had, here it is. I have always believed but this cancer is sometimes bigger than us all. I only wish anyone with IBC whom is searching this site for HOPE stumbles along to this post.

Thanks to this site and its members we have learned so much about the journey of breast cancer. Thanks to your support, we have survived. Love to Y'all>>Believe51

Sheila
05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Congratulations Marie and Ed.....you two have so much to celebrate...what a great tribute you both are to each and every one of us...to every married coupe, and to anyone who has ever lost hope.....may Ed's chemo vacation be the beginning of his new life.
Congratulations to you both....this victory belongs to you both....admirable determination and love!!!!!!!!!

schoolteacher
05-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Marie,

I am very happy for you and Mighty Oak. You two have really inspired me since I began this journey.

Amelia

lilyecuadorian
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Marie and Ed your happiness and celebration is my too ...thanks for sharing

chrisy
05-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Congratulations, Marie. I feel like I have been on this journey with you and Ed - and to be sure it has been many ups and downs so far. I'm so glad Ed is to a point where he (and you) can get a well needed chemo holiday. Recharge, relax and celebrate for a while.

Much love
Chris

lexigirl
05-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Congratulations Ed!! That's so great!! He is an inspiration to us all.

Hugs,
Lexi

Joan M
05-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Marie, A long trip for you and Ed but you've made it! Best, Joan

kareneg
05-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Congradulations to you both. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marie I will call you soon.

CindyE
05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh what a wonderful day for your husband and you on Friday. Take care and enjoy the finish of chemo.

Yorkiegirl
05-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Ed and Marie this is WONDERFUL to hear. Prayers will always continue for you all.

Yes you have come long way in a year and half.

Sherryg683
05-14-2008, 08:31 PM
You are such a wonderful woman and you and your husband has been through so much. Through all this, you have been such a sourse of comfort to those of us on this board. I pray your husband has many years of remission, he and you deserve this. I remember some of your posts where it sounded like such an up hill battle and still here you are a year and half later. I am so glad his brain mets are clear, what a blessing..sherryg683

caya
05-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Congrats to Ed and you too Marie - I hope Ed has many years of remission. Ed certainly deserves a the break from chemo. Please go out and celebrate, eat chocolate!!

all the best
caya

dhealey
05-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Congratulations Ed and Marie. You both deserve a break. You both have been such an inspiration on this site. God Bless!

Patty F
05-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Ed and Marie congratulations. Get those dancing shoes ready.

Becky
05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
I will be thinking of both of you tomorrow. It will be a day of great courage, faith, hope and above all belief that Saturday starts a new beginning for you.

duga35
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Congrats to the both of you!
You were both a huge inspiration to me and also a big help when you sent me all of the info about male breast cancer. Your kind and encouraging words really helped ease me when I first came here.
Tell Ed that I said congratulations, that I am overjoyed for him, and I'll continue to pray for the both you!!!

Doug

Mary Anne in TX
05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Marie and Ed!!!!! You're two unique special people! Working to make NED a done deal and helping so many others as you do it!!!! So glad you are YOU (2)!!! ma

Believe51
05-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Yes, life will be a bit more normal for Ed and I. I have to say that we worked very hard to achieve some more time together. Although this is not over it has been quite a ride thus far. Third chemo regime, pelvis radiation, whole brain radiation, many sleepless nights. I anticipate watching him gain some energy enough to ride the brand new ergonomically correct (for back) bike that he was unable to use last spring.

After further testing and continued bloodwork, eventually we will get the word. We are coming out of the woods and into the sunlight.....just waiting to hear the word NED!! For now we will take 'cautious remission'.

Thanks for your support. Would not have gotten this far without you all!!>>Believe51

As Jackie Gleason would say........And awayyyyyy we goooo!!

Vi Schorpp
05-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Hallelujah!

chrisy
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Although most people don't feel much like celebrating after an infusion of adria, I know you and Ed are thrilled to be at this point! We are all thrilled with you.

So happy for you, and I pray this is the beginning of a long long holiday.

love
Chris

Jean
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Dear Marie and Ed,
So thrilled for both of you ! Yes, it is time for that trip
to shall we say Italy?

All good wishes,
Jean

Bill
05-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Sweet Marie, I'm so happy for you and the Mighty Oak! You are both such an inspiration to all of us. Y'all need to wrangle up some shrimp and throw down in the kitchen! I love ya's, Bill