PDA

View Full Version : KelliD. Update

KelliD.
05-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Hey everyone! (I don't know WHY this is in BOLD- I TRIED to change it- Oh well!!) Haven't been on in awhile- Had axillary node dissection & port placement last Thurs ...Doing pretty good. Got the pathology yesterday- I have a total of 4/28 +. Doesn't change treatment plan, I guess, but I sure am glad I went ahead & had the surgery, knowing what I do now!! Get my staples & drain tube out Mon. & go from there. Please keep me in your prayers as I continue the journey.. thanks. Hugs & Blessings, Kelli

Vi Schorpp
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
I hope your staple pain has subsided, and I know those drain tubes aren't pleasant. Monday is not that far away to be rid of them. Good luck with your treatment plan.

Vi

Blanche
05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
oh how I remember the drains and staple pain, just think that part is over you have just went over another bump. hang in there you can do it. I'll definately keep you in my prayers. Blanche

CindyE
05-13-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm so glad to hear from you. I have been praying for you and know that you'll be feeling better on Monday. I will continue to remember you in my daily prayers. Rest easy Kelli.

Cindy

DonnaD
05-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi KelliD
I to had axillary node dissection and remember all to well the drain. You will feel so much better when it comes out on Mon. I didnt' have staples but was glued together.

Just wanted to say good luck. What is your treatment plan and when do you start?

Many are thinking and praying for you.
Donna

PS We all seem to be having trouble with the bold appearing while typing and then not appearing in the post????

DonnaD
05-13-2008, 04:51 PM
CindyE
Just checking in with you to see how your first treatment went last week? Once the first one is over it is easier. Now you know what to expect.

Good luck and prayers are with you as well.
Donna

SoCalGal
05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Gotta find my reading glasses - read your post as "...pArt placement..." and I have been wondering what that was about. Just re-read. Okay - PORT placement. Well I say GOOD JOB. You're taking the needed steps to get treatment started and the sooner you begin the sooner you'll be done. Ditto on the drains - they burn and can create "discomfort" - that is surgeon talk for PAIN:). Hope you have an easy weekend. We are with you all the way!
Flori

caya
05-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi Kelli -

You will feel much better once the drain and staples are out. The only advice I can give you is to do the arm exercises as soon as you can, building up to doing them 2 or 3 times a day. I did them religiously for many weeks after my mast. ( I had 16 nodes taken) and found it really helped my mobility.

Flori - I saw you added that your markers are dropping - that's great. I am so happy for you.

all the best
caya

Paty
05-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Kelli,

Good luck with your treatment and take it easy. Just remember to drink a lot of juices and liquids. Rest as much as you can. I will for sure keep you in my prayers.

Paty